Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ray Lewis???

Ray Lewis???

Has anyone heard anything more on the possibility of us making a run at picking him up?? Here is a link to the last I heard. I think it would be a great pick up.

http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/bronco....2.946023.html

Lewis said that he wouldn't make any decisions until Monday. He's relaxing with his family right now.

At this point, it looks like he will likely return to Baltimore though.

How do you figure with that though, he has to be watching NFLN and ESPN, maybe guys like Champ and Dawkins, DJ, etc are dudes he can come in with him and win? I just hope the urgency Denver has shown lures him to sign with the Broncos, I know they're all over 30 but Ray Lewis, Champ, and Dawkins bring A LOT to the table, if we stayed healthy, we'd be a top 12 defense fo sho...and if we had that last year, we're talking 10 wins easily

Please come here Ray and teach these boys to play and act like men:salute!::go:

Quote Originally Posted by BarkdogRX7 View Post
    How do you figure with that though, he has to be watching NFLN and ESPN, maybe guys like Champ and Dawkins, DJ, etc are dudes he can come in with him and win? I just hope the urgency Denver has shown lures him to sign with the Broncos, I know they're all over 30 but Ray Lewis, Champ, and Dawkins bring A LOT to the table, if we stayed healthy, we'd be a top 12 defense fo sho...and if we had that last year, we're talking 10 wins easily
    I agree...All that toughness, experience and leadership would turn our D into one that is respected and feared. Our O wouldn't have to score more than 30 for us to win a game too.

Quote Originally Posted by nakajoe View Post
    I agree...All that toughness, experience and leadership would turn our D into one that is respected and feared. Our O wouldn't have to score more than 30 for us to win a game too.
    How do you think Dawkins and Lewis would get along though? They're both very intense and very passionate. They've both been the emotional leaders of their teams for the past 10 years. It could turn into an ego battle. I'd like to see Lewis here, but I don't know if he and Dawkins could co-exist on the same team...

Ray Lewis and Brian Dawkins on the same team seems like a combustible situation to me. They are both strong leaders. Might be some conflicts if this happens. I'd rather stick with Dawkins though.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Bronco View Post
    How do you think Dawkins and Lewis would get along though? They're both very intense and very passionate. They've both been the emotional leaders of their teams for the past 10 years. It could turn into an ego battle. I'd like to see Lewis here, but I don't know if he and Dawkins could co-exist on the same team...
    I think they are old enough and smart enough to put there egos aside. Damn the playmakers we would have!!! We could go in so many directions with our draft picks too.

Good point. I am sure that they would make it work, but it would be interesting to know who would be the emotional leader, and if they could both fill that role without stepping on each others toes. Oh well, only speculation. We can start worrying about that when Ray schedules a trip to Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by cheat06 View Post
    Good point. I am sure that they would make it work, but it would be interesting to know who would be the emotional leader, and if they could both fill that role without stepping on each others toes. Oh well, only speculation. We can start worrying about that when Ray schedules a trip to Denver.
    That is where a strong coach can pull everyone together so they march to the same tune. McD certainly has this kind of respect here, right???

On the other hand, if Lewis and Dawkins are on the same page think about the impact and what the defense can do.

I think Ray Lewis would be a total bust in Denver. Ray isn't a great linebacker unless there are great linemen in front of him keeping the blockers off him.

He should stay in Baltimore, i would say there is very little chance he would consider playing in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by StayFly15 View Post
    I think Ray Lewis would be a total bust in Denver. Ray isn't a great linebacker unless there are great linemen in front of him keeping the blockers off him.

He should stay in Baltimore, i would say there is very little chance he would consider playing in Denver.

'Ray isn't a great linebacker unless there are great lineman in front of him keeping the blockers off him'... Are you hammered?

Quote Originally Posted by StayFly15 View Post

Although I do agree D lineman are important, I dont believe that they are the reason why he has been great. Ray is a monster LB that makes plays with or without good line play. He leads by example and brings so much emotion to the game, like dawkins does. I guess Im dreamin until I hear he has made it to meet with denver. I think he if does come, the chances of signing him will be great.:go:

Broncos in the mix for Ray Lewis?

Hey guys & Gals. I'm sure the rumor mill has already been fired up with talks of Ray Lewis & the Broncos. Anybody know if we DO have any legit interest in bringing Ray in for a visit or is it still all just speculation. :go:
    [/CENTER][B][CENTER]Official Knowshon Rockwell Moreno Fan Club Member #11[/CENTER][/B]