Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Scheffler

Broncos trying to deal Scheffler...

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NFL&id=3705

Just awful.....Hey McDaniels let's destroy our top 3 offense.

I would trade any player in the defense, including here my fave DJ Williams or Champ Bailey... But I wouldn't trade a player from our great offense... But then again, that's just me...

I have been ok with everything that has happened so far (not real happy about Cutler being shopped)but I understand the theory behind it some what I thought this was key in the read .....

but the new regime letting this info get out can only be bad
    Little disappointed by the way they have feed the media circus......

That's it! McD and have officially f'ed up this team!! I bet all the best players are going to be worried that they will be traded now.

What kind of cheap strategy is it to trade the best players for a medium player and maybe a draft pick? Why don't you prove that you can pick talent from a draft before giving away our best players!!!

BOWLEN YOU SCREWED UP!!

McDaniels system does not include a lot of two TE sets and the Te is use mmore in a blocking capacity.

Just look at Ben Watson's stats under McD:

2006 49 receptions
    2007 36 receptions
    2008 22 receptions

Better to get value for Tony now than let him walk next year, because we won't be close to giving him the contract he can get as a FA.
    My 2011 starting defense

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
    J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
    R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Quote Originally Posted by Cutler2007 View Post

Better to get value for Tony now than let him walk next year, because we won't be close to giving him the contract he can get as a FA.
    I can agree with you that maybe he doesn't fit the system. The thing that sucks is that this info leaked. Also the fact that Cutler and Scheffler are so close he's going to be even more angry....

Angry Cutler = Bronco Fans

Quote Originally Posted by Cauterized. View Post
    I can agree with you that maybe he doesn't fit the system. The thing that sucks is that this info leaked. Also the fact that Cutler and Scheffler are so close he's going to be even more angry....

Angry Cutler = Bronco Fans
    I am really more concerned with putting a competitive product on the field than how Cutler feels.

Fans need to get it through their heads, it is the GM job to get the best 53 players they can, and it is the players job to give 100% on the field and represent this team with dignity and class.

Check your damn egos at the door please :go:
    My 2011 starting defense

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
    J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
    R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Quote Originally Posted by Cauterized. View Post
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NFL&id=3705

Just awful.....Hey McDaniels let's destroy our top 3 offense.
    Offense was ranked 17th not top 3...nobody is safe.

This whole thing is starting to make me sick and makes me wonder about McDaniels. Scheffler is an amazing TE and a necessity to our offense, why would we just trade him away?

Quote Originally Posted by martz11 View Post
    Just to clarify...

The offense overall was ranked #2 in the NFL in total yards. They were ranked 16th in points scored.

However, there are mitigating factors as to why the Broncos didn't score more points, namely that the defense only forced 12 turnovers in 16 games, and had a plathora of injuries in the backfield (not to mention Speical Teams failed once again to provide decent field position for the offense, as they finished 28th in that category, as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Cutler2007 View Post
    I am really more concerned with putting a competitive product on the field than how Cutler feels.

Fans need to get it through their heads, it is the GM job to get the best 53 players they can, and it is the players job to give 100% on the field and represent this team with dignity and class.

Check your damn egos at the door please :go:

This guy knows what he is talking about. I'm will you 100%.
    We need another one of these guys to get back to smash mouth football...

[IMG]http://icebin.net/upload/milk/terrell_davis_l.jpg[/IMG]

With McDaniels...this guy will become a true champion!

[IMG]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/peter_king/09/04/cutler0910/p1_cutler1.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Just to clarify...

The offense overall was ranked #2 in the NFL in total yards. They were ranked 16th in points scored.

However, there are mitigating factors as to why the Broncos didn't score more points, namely that the defense only forced 12 turnovers in 16 games, and had a plathora of injuries in the backfield (not to mention Speical Teams failed once again to provide decent field position for the offense, as they finished 28th in that category, as well).
    Come on man...
    Anytime you turn the ball over inside the 20 like we did, and throw interceptions in the end zone, that would clearly indicate to you why we were 16th in scoring. The fact that we were 2nd in total yard is also an indication we were moving the ball, just not scoring much...
    http://www.fightingmaster.com/masters/brucelee/photos/face3.jpg
    I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Quote Originally Posted by dragster69 View Post
    Come on man...
    Anytime you turn the ball over inside the 20 like we did, and throw interceptions in the end zone, that would clearly indicate to you why we were 16th in scoring. The fact that we were 2nd in total yard is also an indication we were moving the ball, just not scoring much...
    Most of our turnovers DID NOT come inside the 20, just to clarify.

Again, when you have to move the ball 80-85 yards on every drive to score, you're going to not score more likely than not. And when your defense can only muster 12 turnovers in 16 games, you're not giving your offense the opportunity to score more points.

In the years in which the Broncos scored a lot of points (97, 98, and 00), they were one of the league's best in forcing turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Most of our turnovers DID NOT come inside the 20, just to clarify.

Again, when you have to move the ball 80-85 yards on every drive to score, you're going to not score more likely than not. And when your defense can only muster 12 turnovers in 16 games, you're not giving your offense the opportunity to score more points.

In the years in which the Broncos scored a lot of points (97, 98, and 00), they were one of the league's best in forcing turnovers.
    This doesn't make any sense to me. We were 2nd in the NFL in total offense -which in my book means moving the football- and you're saying it was because of defense we didn't score more points, ans NOT the 11 interceptions inside the 20 yard line?
    http://www.fightingmaster.com/masters/brucelee/photos/face3.jpg
    I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Quote Originally Posted by martz11 View Post
    You might wanna recheck your stats. we were 2 in passing 3 over all and 12 in rushing.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team?season...=REG&Submit=Go

You really outta check these things out before you go off at the jaw
    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
    While he sits by his hearth at home.
    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
    That he knows nothing at all.