Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    darrent man hard to think about him never knew the guy but felt like i did brings a tear to my eye just t hinking of that sinceless bs

Nice post. I would have to agree that it should've been only those who were murdered..not people who killed themselves and others. I don't want to prioritize death, but if they are going to limit it to 20 people keep it to those whose lives were taken with no choice...tillman, taylor..and D WILL!!

R.I.P 27
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Obviously the reporter didn't really do much research to make an appropriate list of tragic profesional athelete deaths.
    DWill's death shocked the Bronco Nation to the core. This guy's apparently not a fan, so... fudge him.

May Darrent rest in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatmaster View Post
    Come On They Had A Freakin' Fake Wrestler On There How Can You Call That A 'sport' Death!?!?!?
    Ok, wrestling is technically "fake," as they are not literally punching each other in the face, but Chris Benoit was a rock solid athlete, no doubts about it. The guy was very disturbed unfortunately, but those guys put their bodies on the line and have more hectic work schedules than pretty much every other major sport. Don't talk smack about Pro Wrestling.

Most of the people in that list were big name athletes or the stories were just incredible or crazy. Darrent Williams was not a big name athlete, nor was a he even above average at his position. His death was tragic regardless, but shouldn't make that list. You're all a little biased being Broncos fans.

Quote Originally Posted by thehoot79 View Post
    Ok, wrestling is technically "fake," as they are not literally punching each other in the face, but Chris Benoit was a rock solid athlete, no doubts about it. The guy was very disturbed unfortunately, but those guys put their bodies on the line and have more hectic work schedules than pretty much every other major sport. Don't talk smack about Pro Wrestling.
    pro rasslin' does and will always suck. Sorry to dissappoint you. No way in hell does a killer deserve to be on the list and not D-Will.
    Most of the people in that list were big name athletes or the stories were just incredible or crazy. Darrent Williams was not a big name athlete, nor was a he even above average at his position. His death was tragic regardless, but shouldn't make that list. You're all a little biased being Broncos fans.
    Shouldn't be on the list??!! But steroid and druggies should make it instead? DUMB JUST DUMB.

And getting shot and dying in your teammate's arms in a gang shooting isn't dramatic enough of a story? Len Bias was well-known but he had never even played a pro game and he just died on a cocaine overdose. That's not that crazy. D-Will was a rising star, who started for a pro team, and died in a shocking and violent manner. I remember that his death was all over the news for a few weeks after the shooting; it was a huge deal in the sports world.

I think he deserves to make the list.

Quote Originally Posted by AznBroncoFan View Post
    Shouldn't be on the list??!! But steroid and druggies should make it instead? DUMB JUST DUMB.
    I agree. Those people made that decision to take drugs. Williams, along with others, did not make the choice to get shot, to crash thier plane, etc.

I read that yesterday. I couldnt believe DWill wasnt on there! Thats some B.S. right there!

I say that if Sean Taylor is going to be on there, so should Darrent. They were both murdered. But you know what makes Darrent's death so much more shocking... The fact that a few inches away from him, there is the possiblity that no one would have died.
    I was shocked as heck when I heard about Darrent's murder. I cried. Mind you, I had only started to like the Broncos and it affected me.
    The fact that he got shot in the neck and died is shocking. The shooters sprayed the limo and happen to get Darrent in the neck. That's a shock and well, totally freak.

I agree, Darrent should be on the list.

Well what ya know. Surprise, surprise, Fox Sports haven't got back to me yet.

I don't like that article at all, kind of an insult really.

Which death was more interesting which one would be more exciting for a lifetime movie.

Just seems like they are putting bigger names or how bizarre they died rather than looking at the human being.

Not much of a tribute in my opinion.

Really?? Dale Earnhadt Sr. was the most shocking death in sports history? He drives a car made of plastic in speeds excess of 150 miles per hour, and this is the most shocking death? I bet whomever wrote that article was also shocked that Siegfried and Roy were attacked by that tiger. But more importantly, is NASCAR even a sport?

He wasnt even above average at his position? That little comment is just ignorant, and Im not saying that just because Im a Broncos fan. Obviously you never even watched him play.

He came into Denver as the kick/punt returner, kind of like Eddie Royal. But he played his way to the starting lineup, opposite Champ Bailey.

Everyone thought he was too small to play against 6 foot+ wide recievers but he proved everyone wrong and was quickly becoming recognized as a playmaker, not only within Denver, but within the whole league. He WAS on the rise.

I dont feel like reading the article again, but I remember Corey Stringer and Sean Taylor being on that list. Those two guys were on the rise just as much as DWill when they tragically died. Theres absolutely no reason that Darrent Williams shouldnt be on that list!

I mean, whats more tragic than dying in one of your teammates arms?
    Last edited by VenomousDB; 03-06-2009 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty6006 View Post
    He wasnt even above average at his position? That little comment is just ignorant, and Im not saying that just because Im a Broncos fan. Obviously you never even watched him play.

He came into Denver as the kick/punt returner, kind of like Eddie Royal. But he played his way to the starting lineup, opposite Champ Bailey.

Everyone thought he was too small to play against 6 foot+ wide recievers but he proved everyone wrong and was quickly becoming recognized as a playmaker, not only within Denver, but within the whole league. He WAS on the rise.

I dont feel like reading the article again, but I remember Corey Stringer and Sean Taylor being on that list. Those two guys were on the rise just as much as DWill when they tragically died. Theres absolutely no reason that Darrent Williams shouldnt be on that list!

I mean, whats more tragic than dying in one of your teammates arms?

agree..seems the broncos dont get as much recognition as the other teams..
    and im not sayin it cuz im a bronco fan..im being honest..
    dwill definently shouldve been on that list..we got to win a super bowl for darrent...
    My Fav 3 Broncos... 1. Demaryius 2. Von 3. Chris