Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WATCHMEN Breaks R-Rated Record,To Play In Most Theaters EVER

'Watchmen' is showing some very positive vital signs. The superhero actioner sure will be playing wide: Its 3,611 playdates will be the most ever for an R-rated film.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...066d665e74238b

If you like Watchmen, you have to watch this:

Saturday Morning Watchmen Cartoon:
    http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/485797

Hillarious.

I watched the first 4 of 12 upcoming episodes of the animated Watchmen. Pretty dark stuff.
    Those Indians could prove troublesome...General George Armstrong Custer

I went to the 12:05 showing over at the theater on Colorado and 25, by Dave and Busters.

I've never seen the animated series or read the novel, but the movie was pretty explanatory.

Thats crazy that it broke the record.

Hooray, beer!

I heard the movie was dumb. Any truth?

Quote Originally Posted by ckstorm182000 View Post
    Naw, it was a good movie.

As I said in the movie-rate thread, the only complaints I have are the unnessecarily long sex scenes and a blue dong that should have gotten a mention in the cast/credits because of how much it was in the movie.

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by ckstorm182000 View Post
    You love it or hate it.

Meh... the first thrid- half wasn't all that great. Too much set-up. But the last part I did enjoy.. which happened to be when a lot of the action started going down. But that 1st fight scene between Comedian and the "mystery man"(I wont spoil it) was pretty awesome!

Just finished watching 9 - 12. Strange stuff. Didn't notice a blue gong ?
    Those Indians could prove troublesome...General George Armstrong Custer

I enjoyed it. Unique set of superheroes and not overly clichéd. It was a tad confusing at times, coming from someone who didn't read the graphic novel / comics. There was a lot of subtle stuff in the background that will definitely having me watching it again just to catch what I missed the first time. Anyone else catch that Vietnam was the 51st state?

My only problem with it was that the idea of superheroes had some dumbass parents bringing their 8-10 year old kids to see it. DEFINITELY not for the kiddies.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Naw, it was a good movie.

As I said in the movie-rate thread, the only complaints I have are the unnessecarily long sex scenes and a blue dong that should have gotten a mention in the cast/credits because of how much it was in the movie.
    Blue dong=
    Sex scene= (But that's because I think Patrick Wilson is hott!)

I bet this one ranks up there with the original Hulk, Dare-Devil, and Cat-woman as those comic movies that people DO NOT go see a second time.

Not only was it too long.. it was just too boring. BOR-ING.... boring boring

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I bet this one ranks up there with the original Hulk, Dare-Devil, and Cat-woman as those comic movies that people DO NOT go see a second time.

I was actually excited that it didnt focus so much on being an action hero movie. The fact that there actually was a real story, with some twists in it made it all that much better for me. There were some sweet fight scenes, and the soundtrack was amazing.

All those others had extremely poor writing, and were just one long fight scene basically.

Im not certain if people will go see it more than once, because it is so long, and dialogue driven. But, I bet the DVD sales are out the roof, and the sales of the graphic novel triple.

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
    SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post

The movie was great and I loved the Graphic Novel. I plan on going to see it again. Why? Because I loved the Graphic Novel and loved the movie. One cannot compare apples to oranges and then go around and compare them to potatoes. Watchmen is not like Hulk or those other movies. Those are examples of failed movies that didn't even do their Comic characters any justice. Watchmen did its book justice. Unlike you, when I go to watch a movie based on a comic or some other book I want it to be a visual representation of the book and I want it to be like that book coming alive, the characters, the plot, everything. Go read Jurassic Park and tell me how faithful Hollywood made the movie. Go read Hannibal and see how faithful that movie was. The travesties they turned those movies into (not saying those movies are bad necessarily, but when compared to their counterparts) they are nowhere near the story nor the characters. They might as well be night and day. Watchmen, 300, Sin City you get those comics and you look at the movie and you will see the comic come alive before you. That is how Hollywood SHOULD be.
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 03-12-2009 at 08:43 PM.

Speaking of Watchmen, any of you have 99 Luftballons stuck in your head after seeing it?