Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Cool Cutler wants out or a long term deal

ESPN just reported on their developing story that Cutler conversation with McDaniels was ugly. Things went from bad to worse. Cutler wants to be traded or commited to a long term deal. I'm all for signing him long term. Pat Bowlen should step in and make the thing happen after all he is our franchise. They also reported that McDaniels approached Cutler like he started the whole trade rumors flair up and that made Cutler pissed

Depends....If Cutler can show he will be dedicated and put his stupid attitude he has had the first couple of years than im all for it. But if not, get him outta here then.

So in other words, is there any other FA's we might sign? There still some quality ones out there....

And you do know if McDummy didn't try and trade our QB NONE of "this" would be going on right now..

And to say Cutler can end it..doubt it, McDummy obviously doesn't want Cutler has his QB.

We should have hired Spags.

If this story is true, then i would want the broncos to trade Cutler. Pat Bowlen pls don't sign him to a long term deal.

There have been TENs of reports on the talks with McDaniels and how it 'went badly'.... and NONE have stated that Cutler said he wanted to be traded... yet now it pops up this time of night after all the other reports have already gone through???

I bet if I call BS right here.... the other guy has to take the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Jay didn't speak out against the team. He simply admitted that he was upset about being traded without being let know... and thats a VERY VERY common thing to feel. Why would anyone NOT be upset after the coach professes to you about how much he looks forward to working with you, then tries to trade you away without even giving you a hint that you are on the block. ANYONE would be upset, and MOST have proved that over time when they are suggested to be on the trading block. MANY players have expressed their displeasure about it.

Jay NEVER said anything bad about the team, and only had GOOD things to say about denver and the players, and how much he enjoyed and WANTED to play for Denver.

MONTANA.... asked to be traded when it was at the END of his career, thats completely different, so its not even a comparison.

Jay wasn't the one that over-reacted. Its the fans here and the media that have over-reacted. Jay never said anything bad, not one time during this whole ordeal.

I just think its absolutely scary to think that our coach ACTUALLY wanted Cassel over our pro-bowler. That worries me more than anything else. The fact that we know it takes 10+ years to find a franchise QB (almost always much longer) and we try to trade ours away simply because the coach 'is friends' with some back-up on another team is worrisome.

I still have high hopes and expectations for McDaniels..and think he'll be a good coach. But this was a rookie mistake on his part.
    AMEN!! I agree with most of your post. The team could have handled this a little better. First off, they could have called Cutler and let him know what was going on. Also, why didn't Pat jump on this early and squash it? We have been waiting for a friggin week to get some sort of peep out of Broncos HQ. I do on the other hand think Cutler can suck it up a little bit, alot of this is McDaniels trying to generate some competive energy. If the well known NFL acronym does truly stand for "Not For Long", Cutler should go out and play his ass off and prove that the Broncos have a great QB in the making.

CAN WE PLEASE GET PAST THIS AND START THINKING ABOUT WHAT WE NEED TO IMPROVE OUR HORRIBLE DEFENSE!! :go:
    [/CENTER][B][CENTER]Official Knowshon Rockwell Moreno Fan Club Member #11[/CENTER][/B]

Denver receives: Brady Quinn
    Shaun Rogers
    1st round pick (5th overall)
    3rd round pick

Cleveland receives: Jay Cutler
    2 round pick

Denver then signs Jeff Garcia to a two year deal to compete for the job and bring veteran leadership. With the 5th pick Denver takes Raji or Curry if he's still there. Then for the 12th pick, Rey Rey or Cushing.
    WELCOME TO DENVER TIM

Quote Originally Posted by sdsucks View Post
    Denver receives: Brady Quinn
    Shaun Rogers
    1st round pick (5th overall)
    3rd round pick

Cleveland receives: Jay Cutler
    2 round pick

Denver then signs Jeff Garcia to a two year deal to compete for the job and bring veteran leadership. With the 5th pick Denver takes Raji or Curry if he's still there. Then for the 12th pick, Rey Rey or Cushing.
    I kinda like that, load up on the D and maybe next season draft jevon sneed?
    Humm....

How about cutler for carolinas first and second and peppers. carolina could use a qb the way delhomme fell apart

I think there is only one trade scenario, to the Lions.

Detroit Receives:

QB Jay Cutler
    Denver's #48 Overall selection
    Denver's #79 Overall selection

Denver Receives:

Detroit's #1 Overall selection (used on Matt Stafford)
    Detroit's #20 Overall selection
    Detroit's #33 selection
    Detroit's #65 selection

Essentially Denver gets Detroit's 2 1st Round picks, and the teams swap picks in both the 2nd and 3rd Rounds.

Regardless of whose to blame, the team needs to figure this out quickly. If Jay is going to mope all season or hold out, then do the Cleveland trade. Our team will be even worse if we have a sulking Jeff George out there.
    WELCOME TO DENVER TIM

Quote Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
    I think there is only one trade scenario, to the Lions.

Detroit Receives:

QB Jay Cutler
    Denver's #48 Overall selection
    Denver's #79 Overall selection

Denver Receives:

Detroit's #1 Overall selection (used on Matt Stafford)
    Detroit's #20 Overall selection
    Detroit's #33 selection
    Detroit's #65 selection

Essentially Denver gets Detroit's 2 1st Round picks, and the teams swap picks in both the 2nd and 3rd Rounds.
    That would be pretty sick

But, I would rather we continue and trade the 12th to CLE for Quinn + Rogers + their 4th

Then we draft

1- Curry

20- Ty-Jax/Maualuga/Cushing

33- Micheal Johnson/English/Clay Mathews

You guys are missing a big problem with these Detroit scenarios...

Denver (and almost every other team out there) doesnt want the #1 this year. I think they would have to pay $40 million guarantted, & huge signing bonus.

Is there anyone worth drafting #1 that will be paid as a franchise player?

I would like to see us take Mcnabb and the Eagles #1. I also like the Cleveland deal mentioned before.

I think any way to load up on D this year, and suffer through with garcia, leftwich, or Simms as a starter next year is ok by me. At least we'll suck and know we're rebuilding, rather than sucking while we think we are playoff bound.

Trade Cutler to the Browns for Quinn and their #5!!!