Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

So, I have this plan for this thing called a DYNASTY!

I think it is inevitable that Jay Cutler is gonna be traded, I could be wrong but the vibe I'm getting says he will be moved. I don't think he wants to be here and I really don't think the Broncos want to extend his contract when he has 3 years left on it.

I hate to see him go but if does not want to be here, we should move him, no questions asked, so I am gonna have a little fun with this and see what we would really be getting out of Jay if we moved him.

Let's say for instance that this goes down.

We deal QB Jay Cutler and TE Tony Scheffler to the Minnesota Vikings for thier 2009 1st rounder and 2nd rounder and thier 2010 1st rounder. I really think Minnesota would consider this seeing as how they are maybe just a QB away from being a legit Super Bowl contender.

So, how would we use our draft picks? Well, let's see.

2009 Draft

Round 1 (#12) DE Tyson Jackson LSU 6'4" 295 lbs
    Round 1 (#22) OLB Larry English N. Illinois 6'2" 255 lbs
    Round 2 (#48) S Rashad Johnson Alabama 5'11" 203 lbs
    Round 2 (#54) CB Sherrod Martin Troy 6'1" 197 lbs

Notable Day 2 picks: S David Bruton (N.D.), ILB Jasper Brinkley (S.C.), DE Zach Potter (Neb.), TE Marquez Branson (Cent. Ark)

Odviously this years emphasis would be on Defense as we make the gradual switch to a 3-4. We get a pure 5 technique DE who will improve the run defense immensly, a pass rushing OLB who is in the mold of a DeMarcus Ware, a good ball-hawking Center fielder type Safety, and a corner that could become a shutdown guy with the right coaching.

Our defense is instantly improved!

After trading away Jay Cutler we would be rolling with Chris Simms as our QB, I'm predicting a 7-9 to 8-8 season which should place us in pick range 10-15. Then I'm gonna say that Minnesota is gonna be a play-off team with Cutler, but won't win a play-off game in year 1, so I'll say they give us a pick from 20-25!

2010 Draft

Round 1 (#10-15) NT Terrance Cody Alabama 6'5" 365 lbs
    Round 1 (#20-25) QB Colt McCoy Texas 6'3" 205 lbs
    Round 2 (#42-47) RB Jahvid Best California 5'10" 195 lbs.

So, we get the NT that should complete our defensive transistion. I think that after McCoy tears it up his Senior season he will be a top 20 pick. I don't think McCoy is as talented as Jay but he has a winning attitude, great intangibles, and can make all the throws, he will succeed in McD's offense. Plus we get a great RB who can take it the distance any run, Best needs to add some bulk but will compliment a guy like Jordan or Hillis very well!

So, by 2010 let me break down the depth chart for ya;

Offense
    QB- Colt McCoy, Chris Simms
    RB- Jahvid Best, LaMont Jordan, Correll Buckhalter, J.J. Arrington
    FB- Peyton Hillis
    WR- Brandon Marshall (extended), Eddie Royal, Jabbar Gaffney, Chad Jackson, Free Agent
    TE- Daniel Graham, Marquez Branson
    OT- Ryan Clady, Ryan Harris, Tyler Polumbus
    OG- Chris Kuper (extended), Ben Hamilton, Free Agent
    C- Kory Lichtensteiger

Defense
    LDE- Tyson Jackson, Kenny Peterson
    RDE- Marcus Thomas, Zach Potter
    NT- Terrance Cody, Ronald Fields
    LOLB- Larry English, Tim Crowder
    ROLB- Jarvis Moss, Free Agent
    LILB- Spencer Larsen, Jasper Brinkley
    RILB- DJ Williams, Wesley Woodyard
    CB- Champ Bailey, Andre Goodman, Sherrod Martin, JMFW, Josh Bell
    S- Brian Dawkins, Josh Barrett, Rashad Johnson, David Bruton

I know, I know. Start McCoy from day 1? Trust me, there will be growing pains but he can handle it.

Tell me where the hole is on this team, I say if we were to go this route we would be in the mix for the Lombardi trophy every year as early as 2011!

Flame away, I live for it!

your son is the next jay cutler so we should just draft him

Good thoughts, I especially love the Terrance Cody/rashad Johnson picks. However I'm not so high on Mccoy but hey, you never know.

Well...it worked for the Cowboys.

But I think Minnesota doesn't ever pull the trigger on something like that because they don't want to be seen as the team that built two dynasties other than their own.
    [IMG]http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii76/thatlldo4rio/bcs_funny.jpg[/IMG]

how do you figure we go 8-8 with Simms as our QB when that as far as a probowl QB got us not to mention that we have changed just about everything on this team

i think a lot of people will be really disappointed when this season is over because of these ridiculous expectations
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    how do you figure we go 8-8 with Simms as our QB when that as far as a probowl QB got us not to mention that we have changed just about everything on this team

i think a lot of people will be really disappointed when this season is over because of these ridiculous expectations

Well, number 1, Simms will be alot smarter with the football than Cutler, and the defense should be much improved. With Simms starting I say 7-9 or 8-8. With Cutler I say 8-8 or 9-7. Either way were not making the play-offs!

Quote Originally Posted by mtn_horn View Post
    Well...it worked for the Cowboys.

But I think Minnesota doesn't ever pull the trigger on something like that because they don't want to be seen as the team that built two dynasties other than their own.
    LOL, very good point!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post
    your son is the next jay cutler so we should just draft him
    I can't wait 18 years, I wanna win now!!!

Maybe Jack Elway can take over in a couple of years and hold down the fort until Kade (my son) graduates college!

Besides Cutler, the only person I'd want to be our QB is Colt McCoy.

Though, depending on the needs of teams that draft earlier than us next year, and how dominant McCoy might be, I don't know if he'd be there in the 20's.

You guys a tripping balls if you think trading cutler is worth anydraft pick
    He is our franchise Quaterback and this new coach J.Mcdaniels came in and before he even coached a down for the broncos tried to trade cutler.

Cutler has done alot for this franchise in the 3 years he has had the starting job. Alot of the wins has come off of his arm. and with a better running game and even a pubic better of a D we could have been in the playoffs this last year. True he threw alot of Ints but thats because we didnt have a running game and our only way to score was threw the air so thats always going to happen when your throwing 30 plus times a game.

Bottom line We need to sign cutler to a longer deal and this will all be forgotten when we are winning games this year. Cutler will shine there isnt any doubt about that. The guy is smart athletic and has an incredible arm.
    Idk wheather Coach Mc. Thought that cutler could not be any good in the new system he brings to this team but cutler went to school at vandy and has top 3 strongest arms in the league so its not that he isnt smart enough or doenst have the arm for it he is very cool calm and collected in the pocket from what i've seen "via having one the the best olines dont hurt =] "
    But come on guys this is cutler we are talking about not plummer not greise
    not guss ferrotte lulz. Throwing away a franchise quaterback i really hope isnt in the broncos agenda.
    :cutler:
    [B]Don't Draft Bradford...[/B]
    [SIGPIC]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a348/NickOz/Clady.jpg[/SIGPIC]

I don't mind trading Cutler, but we need a QB. And there's none in the FA so we would need a 3 way trade for a QB. Maybe we we give the Minne 2nd for Brady Quinn or Derek Anderson.

Some concerns ...

1. If Terrence Cody is that good, he likely won't last until the 10-15 pick.

2. If you are thinking Dynasty - you better address the SS and CB positions. No way Champ resigns to play his final years with a 2nd year QB and Dawkins will want out too.

3. What happens if Colt McCoy fails - a more likely scenario than him becoming great (just based on the success rate of QBs). What's the backup plan there?

4. Bowlen doesn't have patience. Two years of .500 records and McDaniels will be on the HOT seat in Denver ... assuming he still has a seat in Denver.

well at least its entertaining to read even if you did trade cutler and sheff.

however with that being said i dont like terrence cody at all and would much rather have boo robinson from Wakeforest as our future NT......I also would arther have Jevan sneed from Ole miss, he has great intagibles can make all the throws and has much more overall talent than Mccoy.....

i do love the jackson/english/johnson/martin picks for this year that would be a sick day 1 hall....:salute!:...

dont like 2010 mine is as follows.....

1. QB Jevan snead(Ole miss)
    2. NT Boo robinson (wake forest)
    3. SS Barry Church (toledo)

Quote Originally Posted by kratos_godofwar View Post
    I don't mind trading Cutler, but we need a QB. And there's none in the FA so we would need a 3 way trade for a QB. Maybe we we give the Minne 2nd for Brady Quinn or Derek Anderson.
    I beg to differ - IMHO Garcia would be a great transitional pick up - He learns new systems quickly and is mobile and VERY ACCURATE. We could then groom a young QB ala Brady/Cassel whether it be Simms or a draft pick

Quote Originally Posted by pzmire View Post
    I beg to differ - IMHO Garcia would be a great transitional pick up - He learns new systems quickly and is mobile and VERY ACCURATE. We could then groom a young QB ala Brady/Cassel whether it be Simms or a draft pick

the dude is 39 years old and played like ass last year this isnt a kurt warner clone here.....