Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 50
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Wheres Tebow ???
    Posts
    1,586

    My Guess...Lions pick up Peterson for us...

    Why would Detroit trade a Beefed up Redding For another OLB? They have Simms, Dizon, and just drafted the undersized DE from Purdue last year who is a speed rusher...

    My guess... Peterson, #1, #20 to Denver For Jay and Sheff and our #12...

    My buddy in Detroit is saying this over and over again...People are asking why would they Trade a big man up front...(which they need) for a guy in Peterson who is a NOLAN GUY FROM SAN FRAN after they already have that position...HMMMMMMMMMMM!
    Adopted By: PowderAddict

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    B-more, not less
    Posts
    4,978
    Thats pure speculation. The Lions did need defensive help.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Wheres Tebow ???
    Posts
    1,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutler'stheMan View Post
    Thats pure speculation. The Lions did need defensive help.
    I know it is I'm just saying...

    Why would they trade what they need for something they dont? And he is a NOLAN guy...Make sense?
    Adopted By: PowderAddict

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    57
    I'd be in favor of that. Draft a qb, sign jeff garcia. Also have peterson, dj, and davis as the Linebackers. Our D would be significantly better.
    WELCOME TO DENVER TIM

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    959
    let me put an end to this nonsense.

    Mike Nolan was hired to coach the 49ers in 2005

    Julian peterson played for the niners in 2005

    Peterson was so much of a nolan guy that he then left after 1 season to go play for the seahawks in 2006

    Peterson was neither drafted by Noaln, Traded for by Nolan, signed by Nolan, nor signed to an extension under Nolans watch.

    In fact the only thing Peterson did under Nolan was leave the first chance he got.

    There is not 1 thing in their carers that would make a reasonable person believe Julian Peterson is a Mike Nolan guy.

    Thanks to dbfan2007 for sig

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Wheres Tebow ???
    Posts
    1,586
    Quote Originally Posted by 24TheCHAMP24 View Post
    let me put an end to this nonsense.

    Mike Nolan was hired to coach the 49ers in 2005

    Julian peterson played for the niners in 2005

    Peterson was so much of a nolan guy that he then left after 1 season to go play for the seahawks in 2006

    Peterson was neither drafted by Noaln, Traded for by Nolan, signed by Nolan, nor signed to an extension under Nolans watch.

    In fact the only thing Peterson did under Nolan was leave the first chance he got.

    There is not 1 thing in their carers that would make a reasonable person believe Julian Peterson is a Mike Nolan guy.


    You live In Michigan...What are they saying on the ticket? Turn it on and listen...

    I'm just saying why would the Lions trade Redding for an undersized...OLB or DE? They are set at OLB they drafted that position the last 2 drafts with Dizon and AVRIL...

    He may Not be a straight NOLAN guy but he did coach him and he is a 3-4 OLB...And thats a fact...
    Adopted By: PowderAddict

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,818
    Peterson, #1, #20 and next year's first rounder for Cutler, and only Cutler.


    That's the deal, and nothing less.

    Anything less than that and I'm pissed. If it is that, well...I'm actually excited.
    Administrator


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    959
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutler=Elway View Post
    You live In Michigan...What are they saying on the ticket? Turn it on and listen...

    I'm just saying why would the Lions trade Redding for an undersized...OLB or DE? They are set at OLB they drafted that position the last 2 drafts with Dizon and AVRIL...

    He may Not be a straight NOLAN guy but he did coach him and he is a 3-4 OLB...And thats a fact...

    At 245 lbs Petrson is not an undersized olb he is the prototype. They are not set at olb. Dizon will be lucky to make the team. The first thing swartz and Gunther said is the defense needs to get bigger. Dizon is a tampa 2 linebacker at 220 lbs. Sims can suffice as the wlb at 225 because he is a playmaker.

    As for avril he is a defensive end not a linebacker and that is where he played last season. Redding was grossly overpaid and they had his replacement in Grady Jackson. For them to be able to dump his salary and get a pro bowl linebacker is a major coupe for them

    Thanks to dbfan2007 for sig

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    B-more, not less
    Posts
    4,978
    A Nolan guy I would want us to bring in is Manny Lawson.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,990
    i doubt this because any number of things can happen between now and when they would apparently trade for cutler. i don't think they would risk losing their starting DT for someone they don't even need.

    plus, the lions were apparently contimplating curry with the number 1 overall. they obviously wouldn't have even considered that if they were happy with there current OLBs.
    Last edited by broncos1997; 03-14-2009 at 06:52 PM.
    disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bozeman, MT
    Posts
    6,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutler=Elway View Post
    Why would Detroit trade a Beefed up Redding For another OLB? They have Simms, Dizon, and just drafted the undersized DE from Purdue last year who is a speed rusher...

    My guess... Peterson, #1, #20 to Denver For Jay and Sheff and our #12...

    My buddy in Detroit is saying this over and over again...People are asking why would they Trade a big man up front...(which they need) for a guy in Peterson who is a NOLAN GUY FROM SAN FRAN after they already have that position...HMMMMMMMMMMM!
    That is really stupid, no offense.

    Say no to Matt Cassel, #1 overall pick, #20 overall pick for Cutler and a second round, only to say yes to Peterson, #1, and #20 for Cutler, SCheffler, AND Denver's #1?

    If Denver said no to the first trade, they sure as he!! aren't going to say yes to the second.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18,970
    Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    That is really stupid, no offense.

    Say no to Matt Cassel, #1 overall pick, #20 overall pick for Cutler and a second round, only to say yes to Peterson, #1, and #20 for Cutler, SCheffler, AND Denver's #1?

    If Denver said no to the first trade, they sure as he!! aren't going to say yes to the second.
    Thats because they were never offered the #1 and #20... and the Broncos didn't say no... Belicheck did is the one that cancelled the offer not McDaniels.

    Not to mention, we were supposed to get the 1st and third from the Bucs... and the offer from the Lions was the 20th pick and 4th rounder. But we were NEVER offered the 1 and 20 and a second rounder... ever.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    19,786
    Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    That is really stupid, no offense.

    Say no to Matt Cassel, #1 overall pick, #20 overall pick for Cutler and a second round, only to say yes to Peterson, #1, and #20 for Cutler, SCheffler, AND Denver's #1?

    If Denver said no to the first trade, they sure as he!! aren't going to say yes to the second.
    my understanding of it is when never had the chance to say no...bcuzz we came in to late n the pats already agreed to send him to KC...my gut feeling is the pats wanted to stick it mcdaniels n they did that n then some...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    12,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutler=Elway View Post
    Why would Detroit trade a Beefed up Redding For another OLB? They have Simms, Dizon, and just drafted the undersized DE from Purdue last year who is a speed rusher...

    My guess... Peterson, #1, #20 to Denver For Jay and Sheff and our #12...

    My buddy in Detroit is saying this over and over again...People are asking why would they Trade a big man up front...(which they need) for a guy in Peterson who is a NOLAN GUY FROM SAN FRAN after they already have that position...HMMMMMMMMMMM!
    not bad speculation there, but does peterson even have 3/4 experience?


    also didn't peterson opt out of sf after nolan's 1st season as his HC?

    also does jp even have anything left in the tank?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,959
    that's a terrible trade.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •