Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just stopping in to say "Hi"

Just wanted to stop by the boards and tell you guys Hello. I'm not hear to troll or start any huge debate etc. I've always rooted for the Broncos as the team i like to watch in the AFC (unless playing the bears of course) but i do not pretend to know more about YOUR team than MOST of you do.

With that said ive been reading through the message boards both here and the on the bears sight and naturally 75% of the post on both sites all have to do with jay Cutler or Kyle Orton. Seeing as how most people don't really follow the bears I just wanted to wanted to let you all know what your getting in Kyle Orton. As you may or may may not know by now Kyle Orton IMO is the working man's quarterback in the sense that hes going to show up day after day and put in at least a days worth of work. He doesn't whine or complain about anything (which i'm sure you guys have had your fill of already this season) or throw other players on the team under the bus (rex grossman) but only goes out and does what the coaches ask of him. He is not the most polished of Quarterbacks but when you look at the Bears history of quarterbacks with the exception of Jim McMahon hes the best we've had since the 60s (pretty sad huh?) It doesn't help that alot of the "fans" in Chicago dont have the patience for a quarterback to develop especially when even though he will get you the win he doesnt always do it with the ESPN highlight reels everyone wants to see.

Kyle Orton's record speaks for itself as far as his win/loss rating which some credit to the Defense but the guy has the skills to get the job done. His stats arent as pretty as Cutler's (unless ur looking at INTs) but in that same sense look at the quality of your Wide receivers compared to the DBs we keep putting in at WR. The dropped balls the past few years have been disgusting.
    (Moose, R. Davis, M. Bradley, M. Booker, and yes even D. Hester) While Orton wont win you over with his deep ball he does have a very good short to mid range game.

Seeing as how this is getting pretty long im gonna wrap it up and just say your team received a quarter back with the type of class and character that you SHOULD have received when u drafted Cutler those years back. I look forward to continue rooting for not only Kyle Orton but the Denver Broncos as well and wish you guys the best of seasons. I'm looking forward to talking to you guys more about your season and your quarterback:go:

Quote Originally Posted by BearsfaninMN View Post
    Just wanted to stop by the boards and tell you guys Hello. I'm not hear to troll or start any huge debate etc. I've always rooted for the Broncos as the team i like to watch in the AFC (unless playing the bears of course) but i do not pretend to know more about YOUR team than MOST of you do.

With that said ive been reading through the message boards both here and the on the bears sight and naturally 75% of the post on both sites all have to do with jay Cutler or Kyle Orton. Seeing as how most people don't really follow the bears I just wanted to wanted to let you all know what your getting in Kyle Orton. As you may or may may not know by now Kyle Orton IMO is the working man's quarterback in the sense that hes going to show up day after day and put in at least a days worth of work. He doesn't whine or complain about anything (which i'm sure you guys have had your fill of already this season) or throw other players on the team under the bus (rex grossman) but only goes out and does what the coaches ask of him. He is not the most polished of Quarterbacks but when you look at the Bears history of quarterbacks with the exception of Jim McMahon hes the best we've had since the 60s (pretty sad huh?) It doesn't help that alot of the "fans" in Chicago dont have the patience for a quarterback to develop especially when even though he will get you the win he doesnt always do it with the ESPN highlight reels everyone wants to see.

Kyle Orton's record speaks for itself as far as his win/loss rating which some credit to the Defense but the guy has the skills to get the job done. His stats arent as pretty as Cutler's (unless ur looking at INTs) but in that same sense look at the quality of your Wide receivers compared to the DBs we keep putting in at WR. The dropped balls the past few years have been disgusting.
    (Moose, R. Davis, M. Bradley, M. Booker, and yes even D. Hester) While Orton wont win you over with his deep ball he does have a very good short to mid range game.

Seeing as how this is getting pretty long im gonna wrap it up and just say your team received a quarter back with the type of class and character that you SHOULD have received when u drafted Cutler those years back. I look forward to continue rooting for not only Kyle Orton but the Denver Broncos as well and wish you guys the best of seasons. I'm looking forward to talking to you guys more about your season and your quarterback:go:
    Cutler is still >>> Orton. Im rooting for him to succeed with the bears.

Quote Originally Posted by databrandz View Post
    Cutler is still >>> Orton. Im rooting for him to succeed with the bears.
    you shouldnt, any player that throws the whole team under the bus because of his hurt feelings should never be cheered for.

Im not saying that Orton is better than Cutler as far as his skills BUT Orton is better than Cutler in his additude and character. I'm not sold on cutler and dont think hes gonna be much of an improvement over Orton with our weapons on offense (hell i can hand off to Forte) Just wanted you guys to know that Orton is NOT as bad as most bear fans make him out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by BearsfaninMN View Post
    Im not saying that Orton is better than Cutler as far as his skills BUT Orton is better than Cutler in his additude and character. I'm not sold on cutler and dont think hes gonna be much of an improvement over Orton with our weapons on offense (hell i can hand off to Forte) Just wanted you guys to know that Orton is NOT as bad as most bear fans make him out to be.
    I'm another Bears fan, and I can vouch for the same thing. When Kyle Orton was drafted, Bears fans thought wow this guy could be our franchise QB. Sort of like our own Carson Palmer, a tall big pocket passer with a big arm. After his performance in the HOF game versus the Dolphins as a rookie, we were looking for big things. Unfortunately the Bears never gave Orton much of a chance and when he did get his shot, we didn't give him enough weapons.

Matt Cassel is a scrub, plain and simple. If McD-bag can make magic beans with Cassel, I have no doubt Orton will thrive in the system. Orton was a 4th round pick, but he was sure to be a 1st rounder if he hadn't gotten hurt (hip injury). He was a Heisman candidate at Purdue.

It's true Orton cannot throw deep with any kind of accuracy, but as long as he's surrounded with weapons and can get the ball out QUICK, he can be a good QB for Denver. That's basically McDaniel's system, find the open receiver quickly, and get the ball out. It's a perfect match and in the long run you guys will be better off than with Cassel.

Quote Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
    you shouldnt, any player that throws the whole team under the bus because of his hurt feelings should never be cheered for.
    Mcdaniels threw the team under the bus by creating this mess.

How many times did you complain about Cutlers behavior before josh showed up? hm?

Hey there, nice to have you drop by, thanks for your info on Orton. Here's some info on Cutler.... He is very immature, he did not appear to me to be a good teammate at all.. he was/is all about "me me me", the decisions he made in critical situations in the game were usually not in the teams best interest, but he wanted to be the big stud.. he failed at that.. he passed up very fine open receivers in favor of his buddy, the other unbelievably immature and not so bright bmarshall... which did not end up being very successful most of the time... he is very selfish and will always put his own interests ahead of the teams, thats just the way he is... get ready for plenty of INT's to be thrown this coming season.... I suppose it won't be long before he's demanding a trade from chicago....

Thanks for the post. Most fans here appreciate all of the love that Bears fans have come over to this message board to give Orton. As I am sure you can tell, we are still pretty miffed at losing what most of us thought was finally a QB that would help us forget about Elway. "The player" (your new QB), does have some attitude issues, but make no mistake, that boy is one baaaad man behind center. You will win games on his back alone. You should be exicted about your future. Many of us are mourning in a sense, but in the end alot of us are excited about what may be on the horizon, and we are just praying it isn't a steamroller.....

Its so funny all the Bears fans that have come in here or the fans I suddenly see around town.

Quote Originally Posted by 4th Amigo View Post
    Thanks for the post. Most fans here appreciate all of the love that Bears fans have come over to this message board to give Orton. As I am sure you can tell, we are still pretty miffed at losing what most of us thought was finally a QB that would help us forget about Elway. "The player" (your new QB), does have some attitude issues, but make no mistake, that boy is one baaaad man behind center. You will win games on his back alone. You should be exicted about your future. Many of us are mourning in a sense, but in the end alot of us are excited about what may be on the horizon, and we are just praying it isn't a steamroller.....
    What if Orton gets steamrolled?

Then we suck for the next 4-5 years?

People should have enough sense not to compare Cutler to Orton, in general. Orton can work as hard as he wants, but you cant coach talent.

Quote Originally Posted by horsehead41 View Post
    Hey there, nice to have you drop by, thanks for your info on Orton. Here's some info on Cutler.... He is very immature, he did not appear to me to be a good teammate at all.. he was/is all about "me me me", the decisions he made in critical situations in the game were usually not in the teams best interest, but he wanted to be the big stud.. he failed at that.. he passed up very fine open receivers in favor of his buddy, the other unbelievably immature and not so bright bmarshall... which did not end up being very successful most of the time... he is very selfish and will always put his own interests ahead of the teams, thats just the way he is... get ready for plenty of INT's to be thrown this coming season.... I suppose it won't be long before he's demanding a trade from chicago....
    Damn dude.

Cutler did always have a mark on his character because of the way he treated the media, but I don't think he was that bad of a teammate.

Cutler has all the potential in the world. He can be one of the best QB's in the league if he continues to develop. He is not a finished product but he does flash brilliance at times, and other times he makes some headscratching throws.

If Cutler gets better at his decision making he will be the most complete QB in the league.

What if Orton gets steamrolled?

Then we suck for the next 4-5 years?

What if Cutler gets steam rolled???

What if

What if

What if

??????????????

Mcdaniels threw the team under the bus by creating this mess.

How many times did you complain about Cutlers behavior before josh showed up? hm?
    I complained about his behavior before Josh showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary30 View Post
    What if Cutler gets steam rolled???

What if

What if

What if

??????????????
    If he does, he isn't on the broncos is he?