View Poll Results: How many of you are Bears fans now?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love me some windy city!!!!

    16 17.98%
  • I'm staying with the mile high!!!!

    73 82.02%
Page 141 of 146 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 139 140 141 142 143 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2187
  1. #2101
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Cedar City, Utah
    Posts
    25,530
    Quote Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
    To be fair he also said "anyone who comes in and messes with this offense would be CRAZY."
    That Dawkins sig of yours is way cool.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***


  2. #2102
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Home of the OU Sooners
    Posts
    1,171
    Nice post, man. CP to you.
    [img]http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/907/denverquarterbacks.jpg[/img]

  3. #2103
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    5,415
    Quote Originally Posted by 4th Amigo View Post
    We may suprise some people this season, or we may not, but one things for sure; One of the reasons that the Broncos are such a esteemed franchise are the Fans.....So lets do what we do best, get behind our team (regardless of who is holding the clipboard or behind center) because they need the fans' support!!:go::salute!:
    I would never not be behind this team. I will always root for them to be the best and I will always hope they are the best.

    That doesn't mean I need to blindly follow and support everything the team does. In fact, I have been one of the biggest homers on this board for a long time. This team could do no wrong in my eyes. That was before though. I will not support this front office until they give me a reason to. That only reason will be wins. I don't trust that this was a good move. It is now up to the front office to prove me wrong.

    Blindly following, no matter what happens, makes you sheep. Being emotional and pissed at moves you don't like and being overly optimistic and overboard with homerism is what makes you a fan(atic). So I have to disagree with this line of posting that has been going on lately, telling me to stop careing about what happens to the team I love.

  4. #2104
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Albuquerque NM
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
    To be fair he also said "anyone who comes in and messes with this offense would be CRAZY."
    You can thank "The Player" for that one.....

  5. #2105
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Albuquerque NM
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGlue Factory View Post
    And a very telling statement about Cutler, one could argue.
    Indeed......"if you can't take the heat".....run and cry and stomp your feet like a pre-pubescent child apparently.....

  6. #2106
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    19,153
    Quote Originally Posted by jhns View Post
    I would never not be behind this team. I will always root for them to be the best and I will always hope they are the best.

    That doesn't mean I need to blindly follow and support everything the team does. In fact, I have been one of the biggest homers on this board for a long time. This team could do no wrong in my eyes. That was before though. I will not support this front office until they give me a reason to. That only reason will be wins. I don't trust that this was a good move. It is now up to the front office to prove me wrong.

    Blindly following, no matter what happens, makes you sheep. Being emotional and pissed at moves you don't like and being overly optimistic and overboard with homerism is what makes you a fan(atic). So I have to disagree with this line of posting that has been going on lately, telling me to stop careing about what happens to the team I love.
    This is just, true.

    Just because we, as fans, disagree doesn't mean we are anything close to "fake".

    I've put 15 years of my life supporting this Denver Broncos team. Not once was I called a fake fan, until some of the morons around here started flinging that "attack" around just because I disagree with the actions in the past month.

  7. #2107
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    900
    Quote Originally Posted by 4th Amigo View Post
    "Tough times don't last, tough people do"

    Perhaps we all (myself included) need to toughen up a bit and get through this, and GET BEHIND OUR TEAM!!

    Good Luck McD, you have my support.....

    Go Orton, Simms, Buck, Arrington, Dawk, and all the other new Broncos, welcome to the Good Guys......

    We may suprise some people this season, or we may not, but one things for sure; One of the reasons that the Broncos are such a esteemed franchise are the Fans.....So lets do what we do best, get behind our team (regardless of who is holding the clipboard or behind center) because they need the fans' support!!:go::salute!:
    I am a Broncos Fan but really pissed at Bowlen still and would be happy if he sold the club.

    Not because of Jay, just because he has let theses people take over and giving them his full support. I agree that the Coach or Owner shouldn't be the GM and you have to trust your employees but to give them flat out control with a Rookie Head Coach...Just remember that Shanny was with Elway for years and The 49ers as well as coaching with the raiders, so he had a lot of experience and proved his abilities to make a Super Bowl Offense wasn't just one Team or one Player.....

    I will be there until to the end but it doesn't mean I won't get pissed on the way....
    We are the Organization that " EVERYONE " wants to be a part of



  8. #2108
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Albuquerque NM
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by jhns View Post
    I would never not be behind this team. I will always root for them to be the best and I will always hope they are the best.

    That doesn't mean I need to blindly follow and support everything the team does. In fact, I have been one of the biggest homers on this board for a long time. This team could do no wrong in my eyes. That was before though. I will not support this front office until they give me a reason to. That only reason will be wins. I don't trust that this was a good move. It is now up to the front office to prove me wrong.

    Blindly following, no matter what happens, makes you sheep. Being emotional and pissed at moves you don't like and being overly optimistic and overboard with homerism is what makes you a fan(atic). So I have to disagree with this line of posting that has been going on lately, telling me to stop careing about what happens to the team I love.
    jhns, im not saying not to care about the team you love, and I love....and you certainly have the right to disagree with my viewpoint......but until you are in a position of authority on this team and can actually influence the decisions that are made, going on and on about something you have absolutely no control over is crying over spilled milk......

    If you think about it, diehard fans ARE sort of like sheep.....really cranky, opinionated sheep.......

  9. #2109
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8
    Sorry BroncoKazuki... that argument has a lot of holes in it. I think that if there were feelings that Cutler can produce at a high level, then Bowlen would have no problem paying him what he's worth.

    But that's the problem right there. Cutler has physical talents but there were clearly some doubts about his ability to translate talent into wins. Otherwise McDaniels would not even entertain the thought of getting rid of Cutler.

    What I think happened is this. McDaniels was hired because Bowlen thinks he's a smart coach, even if he has no head coaching experience. And even if he appears to be more offensive minded. What it boils down to was that McDaniels told Bowlen what he wanted to hear, which was to evaluate the entire team, not just the defense like a bunch of whiners that have been rehashing that here.

    McDaniels did what he promised and came away with a lot of doubt. We know he looked at everything just like him looking at all the tape of Orton before deciding Chicago was the trading partner (per Peter King's article). The doubt was brought to Bowlen's attention.

    I strongly believe that McDaniels and Bowlen then had a big discussion about McDaniels' doubts, because who would want to have a head coach not trusting your starting QB to get the job done? McDaniels made his case to Bowlen and essentially sold him on the arguments. It was convincing enough for Bowlen to take McDaniels' side. Bowlen gave him permission to look at all the options, including getting rid of Cutler at the most value for the Broncos. I personally don't think McDaniels would have the guts to even talk about trading Cutler without the support of Bowlen.

    So let's see what McDaniels could have possibly seen to make him nervous about Cutler. Everyone has been making a big fuss about the Broncos being the #2 offense last year (in yards) but forgot that they stunk in scoring. That's a HUGE problem. #2 in yards is nothing if you're middle of the pack in scoring (or as some Cutler defenders have pointed out, #11 in offensive scoring). Still, when you have such a big discrepancy between yards and points, you have a problem, whether you ranked scoring #16 (overall) or #11 (offensive only).

    Cutler defenders have pointed out that it was because Denver lacked a running game (I mean, 7 RB's in IR!) and the defense was bad so Cutler often had to play catch up and was forced to pass more and take more chances. We'll see shortly that this wasn't entirely the whole story.

    First, even with all of the RB's on IR, Denver still ranked #12 in rushing as a team with 1,862 yards. Some may say some of those yards are Cutler scrambling. True, but those only account for 200 yards. Even if you take out scrambling yards by the QB, Denver would still ranked in the top third in terms of team rushing.

    Second, the offense and by extension Cutler, got worse the latter part of the season while attempting less passes per game. So much for the theory that Cutler was forced to pass more and take more riskier chances down the stretch to play catch up due to a bad defense. Yes, the defense was horrid but the offense had major issues of its own. When you consider that Scheffler, Royal, and Marshall are excellent receivers and tight end, it baffles the mind even more why the scoring is so low. Here's the breakdown in stats if you'd like to see it for the first 1/4 of the season and last 3/4 of the season:

    First 1/4: Win/Loss percentage of 75%, 33.25 points per game, 39.25 pass attempts per game, 65% completion, 8.12 yards average per pass and QB rating of 88.6.

    Last 3/4: Win/Loss percentage of 42%, 19.75 points per game, 38.25 pass attempts per game, 61.4% completion, 7.08 yards average per pass and QB rating of 80.9.

    Everything went down significantly down the stretch, especially scoring which just killed things. Whatever it was that caused this problem, who knows but it had to worry the heck out of McDaniels.

    Bottom line is that I don't think it was all about the money. (Unless you're saying that Jay thinks he's worth $100 million but McDaniels only thinks he's worth $50 million based what he saw... but I didn't see that in your analysis)

  10. #2110
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    471
    Quote Originally Posted by jhns View Post
    Nope. 6 first round picks = 6 players that I don't know what they can do. Tom Brady = a very good player in the NFL at the hardest position to find in the NFL.

    Do you really think that noone would give up 5-6 first rounders for Brady? They just gave up 2 firsts a third and a starting QB for Jay Cutler. What makes you think noone would give up more than that for Brady or Manning, or at least a few years ago for one of them?

    It doesn't happen because no team in the NFL really believes that other than us, obviously.
    well im glad youre not our coach. based on all of your posts though, ive gathered that youre just speaking out of emotion. because what you just said was STU-PID!!!
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/broncoterrell/anotherchampsig.jpg[/IMG]

    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/broncoterrell/shutdown2.jpg[/IMG]

  11. #2111
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    471
    Quote Originally Posted by psychobear View Post
    I don't see that as a lie. They can both be true... but when he learned that he could basicly be traded anytime along with the people that groomed him leaving it was it... he checked out. But it wasn't until that point that he checked out despite all that happened. That blame can be put on the coaches and it actually points more to him being more of a team guy than anything else. He was a team player who wanted a team.
    ok.. so..what now?? you didnt answer anything. are you telling me that it was ok for jay to abandon his teammates because he knew he would be traded??
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/broncoterrell/anotherchampsig.jpg[/IMG]

    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/broncoterrell/shutdown2.jpg[/IMG]

  12. #2112
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    900
    Quote Originally Posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    This is just, true.

    Just because we, as fans, disagree doesn't mean we are anything close to "fake".

    I've put 15 years of my life supporting this Denver Broncos team. Not once was I called a fake fan, until some of the morons around here started flinging that "attack" around just because I disagree with the actions in the past month.

    This is what I've been saying the whole time...Just like everyone in your Family, just because your Brother screws up his life and ends up in Prison and you agree with him being locked up, doesn't mean you don't Love him.

    I am by no way a Fake fan but a really upset fan at the moment and who knows, it might take Josh leaving before I feel better...Hope Not
    We are the Organization that " EVERYONE " wants to be a part of



  13. #2113
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    denver
    Posts
    1,698
    During the wade phillips years, thousand of fans joined to gether and 'whined' to sports radio hosts, they 'cried' to the media and some of them didnt go to games and decided to sell their tickets like big babies.

    The pressure the fans put on the organization helped bring about the change.

    If McD proves me wrong I'll be the first to admit it. I'll cheer for him and let everyone know how wrong I was. But, if he continues to do things as stupidly as he has done so far, I will be screaming for the team to get rid of him so we can bring on somebody who will win.

    I hope the first option happens, I believe the 2nd one will.



    Incarcerated Bob is my Hero!!!!!!

    John Elway- Thank you for righting this ship! You are and always will be DA MAN!

  14. #2114
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    1,517
    Quote Originally Posted by sntnl View Post
    God you guys are a bunch of idiots, we did NOT get ripped off, can actually have no idea who the winner and the loser is until next season is over and its all said in done.

    If you want to ride Cutlers ****, go hard, but go do it on the Bears forums, he isn't coming back, he never will and crying over split milk just makes you look like a typical yank.
    I'm not saying we got ripped off, only saying that we could have probably gotten a better deal had we waited for the Cutler market to work out the price for his talents. Letting supply/demand market on Cutler could have yielded an even better trade for the Broncos, even if we had ended up trading with the Bears.

    The key would have been in letting everyone believe that they are the ones close to closing the deal but hint at other competitive offers that are compelling consideration. Even if you're set on trading to the Bears you might be able to save the 5th round pick or get a better price.
    Current morale factor (on a scale of 1-10): -1000 and dropping like a lead balloon.

    Reason: Thanks a lot Bowlen, McDaniels and Cutler!

  15. #2115
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Roskilde, Denmark
    Posts
    2,919
    Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Amen. It's not even really the issue of "did they get enough." It's more, why didn't they try to get the best offer they could. Pulling the r\trigger 3 weeks before the draft, when you had two teams licking their chops to get Cutler.... just senseless.
    I think that it is properly safe to say that Bowlen knows better how to do NFL trades than you or some journalist. They made a very significant deal!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •