View Poll Results: How many of you are Bears fans now?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love me some windy city!!!!

    16 17.98%
  • I'm staying with the mile high!!!!

    73 82.02%
Page 142 of 146 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 140 141 142 143 144 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2187
  1. #2116
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Albuquerque NM
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    This is just, true.

    Just because we, as fans, disagree doesn't mean we are anything close to "fake".

    I've put 15 years of my life supporting this Denver Broncos team. Not once was I called a fake fan, until some of the morons around here started flinging that "attack" around just because I disagree with the actions in the past month.
    Well, you can't pay attention to the short timers on these boards, they will be gone in a month anyway.....I know you are a loyal fan, but the actions of the last month have come and passed, they're done, and we have to deal with it, so thats what we should do....deal with it, and come week 1 cheer for Kyle Orton like HE is the second coming of Elway himself.....

  2. #2117
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Albuquerque NM
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Pura Vida View Post
    During the wade phillips years, thousand of fans joined to gether and 'whined' to sports radio hosts, they 'cried' to the media and some of them didnt go to games and decided to sell their tickets like big babies.

    The pressure the fans put on the organization helped bring about the change.

    If McD proves me wrong I'll be the first to admit it. I'll cheer for him and let everyone know how wrong I was. But, if he continues to do things as stupidly as he has done so far, I will be screaming for the team to get rid of him so we can bring on somebody who will win.

    I hope the first option happens, I believe the 2nd one will.
    I am pretty sure the "Stink factor" of Phillips had more to do with it.....

  3. #2118
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Chicagoland area
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by daspeedster View Post
    ok.. so..what now?? you didnt answer anything. are you telling me that it was ok for jay to abandon his teammates because he knew he would be traded??
    Yes... that is what I am saying. The article said some players were reaching out to him for "several days." The amount of time before he was traded and after they put him out there on the trading block.

    I'm sure he is going to speak to them again but I would say this offseason has been rough on the guy and he might have just sowered on everything to the point where he didn't want to talk about it. Maybe they were just calling to discuss the weather... but that's not how the article sounded.

    So is that OK? To not speak to friends for a few days while your life has a bit of turmoil in it? YES. YES it is ok.

  4. #2119
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Burlington, New Jersey
    Posts
    397
    He also said, you would have to be an idiot (or something along those lines) to screw with the offense.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    :orton: ITS TIME FOR THE ORTONATER!

  5. #2120
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    372

    Bronco Lover

    I'm definitely behind the team. I'm not behind McDaniels.

    GO BRONCOS 2009!
    D.E

  6. #2121
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11
    You might be sick of Bears fans posting, but since the thread is already started, I'll chime in anyway. First off, let me say that I wish no ill will towards the Broncos. I like Kyle Orton and hope he succeeds. Plus, you're in the AFC and we don't play you until 2011. When you play the NFC East this year, I'll be rooting for you.

    But being new to Jay Cutler, I've been intrigued by McJaygate. The only thing I find bizarre is that it seems highly improbable to me that this whole situation came about just because Jeremy Bates left, and McDaniels wanted to trade Jay. Something else went on here. We'll probably never really know, but it's not rational at all for Jay to demand a trade (not even knowing where he would be traded to) if McDaniels was a friendly guy, made an effort to reach out, and dealt with him honestly. But who knows.


    I do think that Jay's character is undergoing a bit of revisionist history. It's one thing if people don't like how he handled this situation. But the haters are a bit over the top. Here's a summary of the "Jay hate":

    -Completely selfish guy. He's been this way his entire life, in every situation, and it wasn't apparent until now.

    -Rivers is a saint!!! Clearly, Jay instigated all....

    -Even though just about every NFL QB is seen swearing at some point, Jay is a horrible guy who cuts down poor Eddie Royal.

    -He's not best buds with the entire broncos roster! He should have had them over for dinner every single night! The entire team!

    -Although his teammates have mostly been positive about him in college and the NFL, suddenly he's a bad teammate.

    -He made some bad reads during his first 2 years in the NFL. Shameful for a young QB!

    -And worst of all, he compared *one aspect* of his game to Elway's. Didn't say he was a better QB, but expressed confidence in his arm. The Horror!!!


    Not trying to be rude, but the "revised" Jay Cutler is becoming comical. Soon, they'll be saying he kicks dogs around.

  7. #2122
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,412
    Quote Originally Posted by NoLmit48 View Post
    IMHO, physically, Jay Cutler is a franchise QB. He's got everything you could ever want in a QB. Mentally, and to me, playing QB has got to be 80% mental, I think as of now, he's lacking. The reason playing QB is 80% mental is because you don't need to throw the ball 70 yards down field too often, but every now and then, you need to really zing the ball into tight coverage. The mental part is what makes your Heath Shulers, and your Ryan Leafs fail. Cutler could turn it all around and develop that, sure. But if Jay Cutler thinks he's great now, why would he expand his game? With the Elway comment he made, and my opinion that he put himself above the team in a lot of ways shows where he is at mentally for me.

    If you have a QB fall apart mentally because a new head coach comes in and fields a call about a possible trade, then why would you trust the franchise to the guy? I'd rather have someone with less physical traits and who is more stable mentally. To me, his mental stability might have left with Mike Shannahan.
    Mentally, he is still learning. He is young. Your standard seems to be qb's who are already in their prime, either for better or worse.

    If your problem is the Elway comment, which I can't believe still bothers people, then that's okay and your opinion. To me, I don't think it was a direct jab at Elway, it was a cheeky response to a question that was asked of him, and you know what? I was glad that we finally found someone that was mentally strong enough to come out and say "I don't mind being compared to Elway and I am going to stand up for myself and my talent".

    Mike Shanahan drafted and was grooming Cutler for the past 3 years. He brought Cutler here to be our future.

    McD hadn't worked a day with Cutler before he decided he didn't want him here. McD also has never been a head coach before.

    So... needless to say, I trust Shanny's opinion more than I am ever going to trust McD's.

  8. #2123
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by psychobear View Post
    Yes... that is what I am saying. The article said some players were reaching out to him for "several days." The amount of time before he was traded and after they put him out there on the trading block.

    I'm sure he is going to speak to them again but I would say this offseason has been rough on the guy and he might have just sowered on everything to the point where he didn't want to talk about it. Maybe they were just calling to discuss the weather... but that's not how the article sounded.

    So is that OK? To not speak to friends for a few days while your life has a bit of turmoil in it? YES. YES it is ok.
    And if he had spoken to his teammates, and said something negative about the FO, then everyone would probably be slamming the guy saying he says bad things about the FO and was trying to sow dissension. It's a no win situation.

  9. #2124
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    1,517
    Quote Originally Posted by New_Guest View Post
    Here's the breakdown in stats if you'd like to see it for the first 1/4 of the season and last 3/4 of the season:

    First 1/4: Win/Loss percentage of 75%, 33.25 points per game, 39.25 pass attempts per game, 65% completion, 8.12 yards average per pass and QB rating of 88.6.

    Last 3/4: Win/Loss percentage of 42%, 19.75 points per game, 38.25 pass attempts per game, 61.4% completion, 7.08 yards average per pass and QB rating of 80.9.
    I think a more accurate statistical analysis of the season would be to break it into quarters rather than the first 4 games and the last 12 games. It might be interesting what is revealed. Would you be able to do that?
    Current morale factor (on a scale of 1-10): -1000 and dropping like a lead balloon.

    Reason: Thanks a lot Bowlen, McDaniels and Cutler!

  10. #2125
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    1,517
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBill027 View Post
    He also said, you would have to be an idiot (or something along those lines) to screw with the offense.

    It's hard to tell whether it was the Broncos FO or Cutler/Cook screwing with the offense.
    Current morale factor (on a scale of 1-10): -1000 and dropping like a lead balloon.

    Reason: Thanks a lot Bowlen, McDaniels and Cutler!

  11. #2126
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGlue Factory View Post
    I'm not saying we got ripped off, only saying that we could have probably gotten a better deal had we waited for the Cutler market to work out the price for his talents. Letting supply/demand market on Cutler could have yielded an even better trade for the Broncos, even if we had ended up trading with the Bears.

    The key would have been in letting everyone believe that they are the ones close to closing the deal but hint at other competitive offers that are compelling consideration. Even if you're set on trading to the Bears you might be able to save the 5th round pick or get a better price.
    I think you're right about how they should conduct the trade and in any other circumstance they would have went that route. But I believe that with kyle orton in the trade you have to bring him in as soon as possible to begin learning the playbook. Otherwise your sittin with cutler till the draft, with only hopes and dreams that either your quarterback you draft or receive in a trade can learn extremly fast. Unless chris simms would be given the starting job

  12. #2127
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    19,131
    Quote Originally Posted by 4th Amigo View Post
    Well, you can't pay attention to the short timers on these boards, they will be gone in a month anyway.....I know you are a loyal fan, but the actions of the last month have come and passed, they're done, and we have to deal with it, so thats what we should do....deal with it, and come week 1 cheer for Kyle Orton like HE is the second coming of Elway himself.....
    That's true.. What's done is done.

    But that doesn't mean we have to just pass over the issues because "it's over."

    When people say wrong things, I like to tell them why they are wrong with supported facts.

    I can express my opinion of why I don't think this or that will work, or if this trade means good or bad for the near or far future. It may seem "repetitive" to some people glancing at a thread, but I'm more into a debate with someone who doesn't agree with me or my points.

  13. #2128
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Burlington, New Jersey
    Posts
    397
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGlue Factory View Post
    It's hard to tell whether it was the Broncos FO or Cutler/Cook screwing with the offense.
    Not really...

    McD tried to trade Cutler for Cassel, which imo is classified as screwing with the offense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    :orton: ITS TIME FOR THE ORTONATER!

  14. #2129
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    1,517
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoDynasty View Post
    I think you're right about how they should conduct the trade and in any other circumstance they would have went that route. But I believe that with kyle orton in the trade you have to bring him in as soon as possible to begin learning the playbook. Otherwise your sittin with cutler till the draft, with only hopes and dreams that either your quarterback you draft or receive in a trade can learn extremly fast. Unless chris simms would be given the starting job
    Granted 2 or 3 weeks would give more time for the incoming QB to go over stuff in the playbook, but is it really that necessary if you can take that time and get a better trade to help the team? In the end we may have seen some almost obscene offers.

    Doesn't matter now. What's done is done. Anything else is just playing "What if."
    Current morale factor (on a scale of 1-10): -1000 and dropping like a lead balloon.

    Reason: Thanks a lot Bowlen, McDaniels and Cutler!

  15. #2130
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGlue Factory View Post
    I think a more accurate statistical analysis of the season would be to break it into quarters rather than the first 4 games and the last 12 games. It might be interesting what is revealed. Would you be able to do that?
    I don't have to. You can check it out for yourself at:

    http://www.nfl.com/players/jaycutler...s?id=CUT288111

    3rd quarter is his worse; worse at home than away. I think looking at it this way is helpful in some ways, but looking at it as first half of the season vs second half of the season (or in my case 1st Q games vs. the rest) is more telling because of the old adage... it's not how you start but how you finish.

    December games are more important than September games... it tells you a lot about a team's or a player's perseverance down the stretch, especially when things are tough. Seriously though, as crappy as the Chargers played last year for most of the regular season, they lit it up in December and fought their way into the playoffs. I don't know, I like teams and players who finish strong I guess.
    Last edited by New_Guest; 04-06-2009 at 05:54 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •