View Poll Results: How many of you are Bears fans now?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love me some windy city!!!!

16 17.98%
  • I'm staying with the mile high!!!!

73 82.02%
Page 144 of 146 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 142 143 144 145 146 LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 2187
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroCool View Post
    We are blaming the offense for last year now? The top 3 offense in the NFL? Our 33.whatever points per game in offense was outstanding but that damn 34.whatever points in defense that we allowed (you know one of the worst in the NFL) wasn't the problem? Gawd
    It's all revisionist. During "trade day", I didn't log on and went to view some old posts to just, well, look at something else. You will find a lot of interesting things there. Quite a different perspective than what is being said now, even with regards to the actual gridiron.

Quote Originally Posted by acpell671 View Post
    Going back to the thread title, you are also still missing the point. The point is not that Cutler wanted out and now he's gone. The point is that what we are left with we have after all is said and done. It does matter who lied. This is far more important than the fact that Cutler is gone. The legacy of what has happened here will far outreach the fact that Cutler is gone. And after McD is gone, we will be the ones left still holding the bag of crap of what just happened.

Also, going back to Jay's comments, I think everyone and their mother's brother misconstrued his comments. Jay is not the most articulate person, but if you believe he is not a bad person, then you may just believe that his comments mean simply that he never had intentions for it to get this bad. Yes, he asked for a trade. From that point on, there was no turning back. I strongly believe his comments reference the time prior to his asking for it. If not, he would have fired Bus Cook and went to beg to stay. That was not going to happen nor did he want to stay.

I don't think Jay ever wanted to "not be a Bronco". I think he felt betrayed by Josh McD and Pat Bowlen. People misunderstand that and that's why they are taking it so personally. Jay knew that it was just a matter of time before he was gone and had to make the best decision for his career. I think he's better for it. That is something I can respect. Here's to not taking it personally and wishing Jay a very long and successful career!
    Thank You AC..............that is what I was trying to say!

Quote Originally Posted by PowderAddict View Post
    I could see it as a ROI concern, would Cutler live up to the contract he would demand?

But ultimately I think it came down to Cutler just not wanting to be a Bronco, if he wanted to be a Bronco he still would.
    Same. BTW PowderAddict, I like your McD-billions scored thing

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroCool View Post
    Thank You AC..............that is what I was trying to say!
    Thanks for your vote of confidence, but the truth is, nobody's going to read that and nobody's going to care. It doesn't rationalize their hurt and feeling of betrayal so it's worth pretty much nothing. This is the second time I posted it and the first time it was responded to.

Quote Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
    Is this for your 8th grade English class? If so, it needs some work.
    I nominate this for the best reply.
    Knowshon Moreno Fanclub, Number Nineteen.

Missing the point????

This is so funny.
    Have some of you forgoten already??
    Think back to the year 2007 and the New England Patriots, did they not go 16 and 0?? (yea, yea, so they lost the super bowl, big deal)
    This offense was lead by a coach by the name of JOSH MCDANIELS aka, the new head coach of the Denver Broncos.
    That tells me that he does know what he is doing and is implementing HIS system (Not Mike Shanahands)
    I say, lets just see what happens. Give the guy a chance and quit being a big bunch of easy chair coaches.

Last edited by Nitro8899; 04-06-2009 at 07:40 PM. Reason: spelling
    [B][I]It's all about the game and how you play it![/I][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by acpell671 View Post
    Thanks for your vote of confidence, but the truth is, nobody's going to read that and nobody's going to care. It doesn't rationalize their hurt and feeling of betrayal so it's worth pretty much nothing. This is the second time I posted it and the first time it was responded to.
    You're right, us (we fans, and this team, I'm imagining) have gone through a lot of s**t that we shouldn't have. And EVERYONE is right, Cutler is gone, it's done. But no one, Bowlen, McD, or Cutler did anything to make or keep things clear on what THEY should have known was very important to us. And as much as a business as this is.....................WE FANS ARE JUST AS IMPORTANT!

People blew it...............and they need to own up to it!

Amazing... each day I expect to actually come to this forum and read about our upcoming season, but much of what I read is this obsession with the Chicago Bears quarterback and how we are doomed without him.

Who cares? Even if we were better on the field with him... who cares? He is not coming back. What is the point of debating this? That is a Fantasy League that none of us can join.

This whole scenario is clear... Jay Cutler became a cancer. If it wasn't this year, we would have been forced to trade him later anyway. Jay took off his Denver mask to reveal the selfish man hiding behind it. Cutler surprisingly showed similar traits as Terrell Owens and Chad Johnson. I never saw it coming, but it was obvious that he would have eventually destroyed our team by putting Jay Cutler first, and not respecting his coaches.

I know it is hard to accept... but we are so much better. This isn't a debate about Cutler's talent, as he has more natural talent than Orton and Simms combined. This is however about being a leader, avoiding mistakes, controlling emotions, and being an example for younger players. In those respects, Cutler couldn't carry Tom Brady's or Peyton Manning's jockstraps. With that being said... we were doomed to fail. How many rings does T.O. or Chad Johnson have? How many championships did Charles Barkley or Domonique Wilkins win?

I will take Kyle Orton in 2009... and I love our chances.

Now let's talk about the draft!! Anyone think BJ Raji falls to 12 due to his drug test problems?

I am becoming more and more convinced that McDaniels will become vindicated as this story is truly revealed, much to the dismay of many folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro8899 View Post
    This is so funny.
    Have some of you forgoten already??
    Think back to the year 2007 and the New England Patriots, did they not go 16 and 0?? (yea, yea, so they lost the super bowl, big deal)
    This offense was lead by a coach by the name of JOSH MCDANIELS aka, the new head coach of the Denver Broncos.
    That tells me that he does know what he is doing and is implementing HIS system (Not Mike Shanahands)
    I say, lets just see what happens. Give the guy a chance and quit being a big bunch of easy chair coaches.

Conform all you want.............I'll question my coach until he proves himself.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBill027 View Post
    Not really...

McD tried to trade Cutler for Cassel, which imo is classified as screwing with the offense.
    Reports are out there that Cutler may have wanted out after Bates was let go, leading McDaniels to enter the talks for Cassel. This could have been a comment by Cutler that was misunderstood by the FO.
    Current morale factor (on a scale of 1-10): -1000 and dropping like a lead balloon.

Reason: Thanks a lot Bowlen, McDaniels and Cutler!

It indeed could have been about money. Cutler and crew saw the whole shake up as an opportunity to go for the gold. Hands got caught in the cookie jar and off to the windy city they went.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGlue Factory View Post
    Reports are out there that Cutler may have wanted out after Bates was let go, leading McDaniels to enter the talks for Cassel. This could have been a comment by Cutler that was misunderstood by the FO.
    Cutler isn't the guy to lie to the media. If he doesn't want to talk to them or talk about a subject he doesn't and that's it.

So Cutler wouldn't have said all those things about how excited he is to work with McD and get into the new system if they weren't true (see pro bowl interview). He was upset just like most of us when Shanny was fired and Bates went to USC, but got over it. Then McTrade's trade falls through and all hell breaks loose. You don't say all those things McD had said about Cutler, then turn around and try and trade him.

See Patriots and you will come across the word lie and/or cheat a lot.

While, Cutler would just omit a question before lying, and if some think this is worse than lying so be it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

:orton: ITS TIME FOR THE ORTONATER!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBill027 View Post
    Cutler isn't the guy to lie to the media. If he doesn't want to talk to them or talk about a subject he doesn't and that's it.

So Cutler wouldn't have said all those things about how excited he is to work with McD and get into the new system if they weren't true (see pro bowl interview). He was upset just like most of us when Shanny was fired and Bates went to USC, but got over it. Then McTrade's trade falls through and all hell breaks loose. You don't say all those things McD had said about Cutler, then turn around and try and trade him.

See Patriots and you will come across the word lie and/or cheat a lot.

While, Cutler would just omit a question before lying, and if some think this is worse than lying so be it.

This basically comes down to who you choose to believe......there has been so much media speculation about who said what and I am not going to start re-hashing it, but bottom line-"The Player" completely boned us because he couldn't act like an adult about things......

I love this thread... CP all the way! I feel this way exactly. I"m over the whole Jay/McD fight..omg. This is worse than day-time television. I just want to focus on the players who actually showed up to voluntary training, regardless of being on a trading block (um, I think tony shef and Stokes were talking of being traded and they didn't say anything to the media) and want to be a part of this team. I think jay is happier to be a Bear, you could see it in his face when he said it 'was his dream' to play for chicago. He's moved on & so should we, because we have a lot of good things going for us.

Let's just see who we pick up in the draft. I hope we get all D-players with our first round picks (one DL and one LB) and NOT trade up for shanchez. The following top picks should be another DL, CB, S, with maybe one RB later on and if we do get a QB only in the later rounds (Brady was a 6th rounder..just sayin'...).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]