View Poll Results: How many of you are Bears fans now?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love me some windy city!!!!

    16 17.98%
  • I'm staying with the mile high!!!!

    73 82.02%
Page 145 of 146 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 143 144 145 146 LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2187
  1. #2161
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    190
    The whole Raji drug test thing was probably a lie started by Mc Daniels to get him to fall a bit in the draft.......

  2. #2162
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    North America - the antithesis of Sharia
    Posts
    447
    Quote Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
    i read about a paragraph, it honestly looks like the worst post to come on this message board in awhile.
    Maybe that's why he is on my ignore list.

  3. #2163
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,412
    Quote Originally Posted by megirb444 View Post
    I love this thread... CP all the way! I feel this way exactly. I"m over the whole Jay/McD fight..omg. This is worse than day-time television. I just want to focus on the players who actually showed up to voluntary training, regardless of being on a trading block (um, I think tony shef and Stokes were talking of being traded and they didn't say anything to the media) and want to be a part of this team. I think jay is happier to be a Bear, you could see it in his face when he said it 'was his dream' to play for chicago. He's moved on & so should we, because we have a lot of good things going for us.

    Let's just see who we pick up in the draft. I hope we get all D-players with our first round picks (one DL and one LB) and NOT trade up for shanchez. The following top picks should be another DL, CB, S, with maybe one RB later on and if we do get a QB only in the later rounds (Brady was a 6th rounder..just sayin'...).
    That's not true. Stop painting things to fit your argument. Stokely was the only one on the current roster to actually have the cajones to speak out against the FO. He's a Colt, so he's not afraid of McD. He knows it's just a matter of time before he's a goner, too.

  4. #2164
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by acpell671 View Post
    That's not true. Stop painting things to fit your argument. Stokely was the only one on the current roster to actually have the cajones to speak out against the FO. He's a Colt, so he's not afraid of McD. He knows it's just a matter of time before he's a goner, too.
    What did Stokley say?

  5. #2165
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR (Denver in my heart)
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by acpell671 View Post
    That's not true. Stop painting things to fit your argument. Stokely was the only one on the current roster to actually have the cajones to speak out against the FO. He's a Colt, so he's not afraid of McD. He knows it's just a matter of time before he's a goner, too.
    That's the nature of the business...Stokley was still smart about what and when he said things. Similar to how he stopped B-Marsh from doing the TD celebration with the glove. All I"m speaking about is the character of Stokley and Sheff compared to Cutler, not whether they will 'speak out' about a coach. You totally missed my point. Posting on here from a positive tone can still be attacked, amazing..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #2166
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cape Cod/N Attleboro, Ma
    Posts
    3,426
    i wonder how many of the cutler bashers/mcdaniels supporters will feel the same way this time next year if the broncos collapse and the bears do something in the playoffs

    i will gladly admit i was wrong and pat josh on the back if he can somehow convince me this giant joke of an off-season was worth it...i am rooting for josh and the broncos but i'm sorry if i'm slightly skeptical right now

  7. #2167
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    19,131
    Quote Originally Posted by bighuka View Post
    The whole Raji drug test thing was probably a lie started by Mc Daniels to get him to fall a bit in the draft.......
    LOL

  8. #2168
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Where I hang my hat
    Posts
    7,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc13 View Post
    i wonder how many of the cutler bashers/mcdaniels supporters will feel the same way this time next year if the broncos collapse and the bears do something in the playoffs
    Judging by all the people who threw a fit with Plummer (and still do :laugh) and all the people who cried everytime Domenik Hixon only did so much as catch a ball:

    There will be an outright onslaught on these boards

  9. #2169
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    19,131
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan16 View Post
    What did Stokley say?
    Stokley wasn't too happy when the Broncos released Mike Leach.

  10. #2170
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    I have No Idea, Do You?
    Posts
    4,864
    I thought he said 'Go &@#$ Yourself Pat!'...........j/k

  11. #2171
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    19,131
    Quote Originally Posted by yaz96 View Post
    It wasn't on the agenda.

    Cutler ASKED for a trade, remember?
    Cutler ASKED for a trade AFTER the fact that McDaniels tried to trade him the FIRST time, and lie about it. He po'd Jay to the point where Jay could not trust "the coach" as far as his grandmother could throw him.

    Shopping Jay Cutler shouldn't have been on the off-season agenda, but it was...

  12. #2172
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    471
    Quote Originally Posted by jhns View Post
    How so? What part do you think isn't true? Are you telling me no team would have given up at least 2 or 3 times as much as they just gave up for Cutler? Especially if it was Brady straight after 3 SB's? If you value Cutler even near as much as Brady, you should be real mad he is gone.
    the broncos got the best offer in this trade. theres a video on nfl.com explaining it. but youre making my point. mcdaniels was doing what was best for the team. he considered the offer. because if there was an offer that would be too good to be true you'd jump on that too. same thing if it were tom brady or manning. if the right deal were offered theyd be gone. but no one is gonna trade for brady or manning because theyre price range is out of reach. if we got two 1st rnd picks, a good qb and a 3rd for cutler, what would teams have to give up to get manning?
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/broncoterrell/anotherchampsig.jpg[/IMG]

    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/broncoterrell/shutdown2.jpg[/IMG]

  13. #2173
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,412
    Quote Originally Posted by megirb444 View Post
    That's the nature of the business...Stokley was still smart about what and when he said things. Similar to how he stopped B-Marsh from doing the TD celebration with the glove. All I"m speaking about is the character of Stokley and Sheff compared to Cutler, not whether they will 'speak out' about a coach. You totally missed my point. Posting on here from a positive tone can still be attacked, amazing..
    I'm sorry if you felt that it was an attack. It really wasn't.

    All I was saying was that you said Stokely didn't say anything to the media, which is in fact, not true.

  14. #2174
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    1,517
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBill027 View Post
    Cutler isn't the guy to lie to the media. If he doesn't want to talk to them or talk about a subject he doesn't and that's it.

    So Cutler wouldn't have said all those things about how excited he is to work with McD and get into the new system if they weren't true (see pro bowl interview). He was upset just like most of us when Shanny was fired and Bates went to USC, but got over it. Then McTrade's trade falls through and all hell breaks loose. You don't say all those things McD had said about Cutler, then turn around and try and trade him.

    See Patriots and you will come across the word lie and/or cheat a lot.

    While, Cutler would just omit a question before lying, and if some think this is worse than lying so be it.

    I think you misunderstand what I said (or meant to say.)

    If Cutler said something facetiously or sarcastically (after Bates left) but didn't mean it (like "why don't you just trade me"), then the FO may have misinterpreted that comment as a desire to be traded. McDaniels then pursues Cassel. The rest is fairly well documented history.

    Granted that's a hypothetical, but I think it's a very plausible hypo.
    Current morale factor (on a scale of 1-10): -1000 and dropping like a lead balloon.

    Reason: Thanks a lot Bowlen, McDaniels and Cutler!

  15. #2175
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    478
    I loved the Cutler quotes, paraphrased, I didn't want it to go this far and and wanted to be a Bronco, 44 hrs later, wow being a Bear has been my dream. What has been the one thing I have seen in so many posts, oh yeah, Jay's problem has been he doesn't BS he always tells it like it is......

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •