View Poll Results: How many of you are Bears fans now?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love me some windy city!!!!

16 17.98%
  • I'm staying with the mile high!!!!

73 82.02%
Page 115 of 146 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2187
    IMO Cutler should have never been a Pro Bowler this year. Rivers had the better year period as much as I hate San Diego. So the talk about Cutler being proven is far fetched. I would like to bring up a point for some of you who might remember that Champ and some Vets had to pull Cutler aside to tell him he needed to be a leader of this team and to step up. IMO leaders don't need to be told to step up and lead. You either got it or you don't. Champ also said after the trade to the Bears that Jay is a differant kind of personality in the locker room but he is a very good player. To me that says a lot. I'm not a Cutler hater. I think he is great talent but people who keep saying Cutler is proven need to keep it real.
    [center][IMG]http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/7156/patrickchuckwarahsigem7.jpg[/IMG]
    [SIZE=2][B]Props to Snk 16 for the sig[/B][/SIZE][/center]

Only time will tell which team was the winner and loser in this trd if any ....Not opinion..

I completely disagree that the Bears lost on this trade. Bronco fans have been waiting for the next coming of Elway since he left. Well, I happen to remember Elway as a shaggy haired 25 year old from an academically prestigious school with a rocket arm. Sound like anyone we know?? I loved Elway more than anyone, but I had an open mind toward Cutler. I think he does in fact have as strong an arm as Elway, and I think he was in fact better than Elway at 25. Elway's defenses never gave up 40 points a game. I think McDaniels was a total fool in trying to trade Cutler for Cassel. Cutler turned a 4-12 talented team into a team with an 8-8 record. That's about all you can ask out of a third year QB. Cassel, on the other hand, took over quite literally the best team ever assembled (16-0), and he couldn't get them to the playoffs. Of course you could argue that he had decent numbers, but he had 5 monster trucks blocking for him and Randy Moss and Wes Welker to throw the ball to. He is going to get creamed in KC (sweet!) Ryan Leaf could have gotten that team to the playoffs. I have no faith whatsoever in McDaniels decision making abilities at all, and I won't be surprised if he is a complete failure as a head coach. I would love to see him prove me wrong. Go BRONCOS! I hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy11 View Post
    i agree. i never thought in my wildest dreams we could get that much for him. good job by mcdaniels seeing how overrated he is and capitalizing on that.
    As a Bear fan I was depressed when I heard of this deal.Yes Cutler had a great season last year,but it was only one year.I like him as a player,but I agree that the Bears overpaid for him.This has not made me popular with fellow Bear fans,but that is how I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyrom View Post
    As a Bear fan I was depressed when I heard of this deal.Yes Cutler had a great season last year,but it was only one year.I like him as a player,but I agree that the Bears overpaid for him.This has not made me popular with fellow Bear fans,but that is how I feel.
    Doesn't matter. If you are a Bear fan you know Angelo will screw up those 1st round picks. Though maybe you should be mad about the third rounder, but not the firsts. Orton was in his walk year anyway. The Bears gave up nothing as long as Angelo is the GM making the 1st round pick.

I am BEARS FAN guys...I am FROM CHICAGO...LIVE IN CHICAGO.

The CHICAGO BEARS are MY RELIGION.

To all of you who think the BEARS lost on this deal, you must READ THIS:
    http://www.suntimes.com/sports/hayes...040309.article

I just want you all to realize the Chicago perspective on this trade.

I wish ORTON well, and I wish your BRONCOS well. I am a BIG FAN of your STATE and ALWAYS RESPECTED the BRONCOS so in now way am I gloating
    about the situation, you all just need to know what this trade means to the CHICAGO BEARS and their LONG SUFFERING FANS.

Quote Originally Posted by COPPERMOUNTAIN View Post
    I am BEARS FAN guys...I am FROM CHICAGO...LIVE IN CHICAGO.

The CHICAGO BEARS are MY RELIGION.

To all of you who think the BEARS lost on this deal, you must READ THIS:
    http://www.suntimes.com/sports/hayes...040309.article

I just want you all to realize the Chicago perspective on this trade.

I wish ORTON well, and I wish your BRONCOS well. I am a BIG FAN of your STATE and ALWAYS RESPECTED the BRONCOS so in now way am I gloating
    about the situation, you all just need to know what this trade means to the CHICAGO BEARS and their LONG SUFFERING FANS.
    My take on the trade is that both teams won. The bears got a franchise QB which is something they haven't had in a very long time, and the Broncos got a king's ransom for a QB who clearly did not want to be here anymore.

The way I look at it as a Bronco fan is, I don't think Jay wanted to be here anymore from the day Pat fired Shanny. Then when Bates went elsewhere, Jay made up his mind for good.

I hope for good things from Orton and I hope Jay stumbles, at least this year, so our first from the Bears is a good pick. We may need to use that pick on a QB. Colt McCoy in orange and blue sounds darn good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by IgorBStrange View Post
    I look at it this way.

Cutler is good, he maybe would have been great here. Now he is in Chicago, with no WR's or TE's (unless Clark is still there) who have won anything and an OL that is falling apart. Hid defense is aging fast and his GM is and has been cheap on FA signings. Yes, he might revitalize the franchise this year, maybe even get them to the playoffs, but unless the GM Angelo can pull rabbits out of his hat.....it will be deja vu for Cutler.

Will Cutler be able to handle the pressure? Not just the pressure of being "The Main Man", but the pressure being put on him by opposing defenses. He's going to discover what it is like to be sacked A LOT.

Now please allow me a moment to point out that Jay Cutler has not proven anything. Yes, he had a sucky defense, but so did Elway in many of his years here. Craig Morton had no offense to speak of, but a great defense. Jay was 8-8 with no running game. Morton was 12-2 with even less of a running game.

Morton, in the 1977 season had one RB over 500 yards rushing, Otis Armstrong, who was a shadow of his pro bowl self because of knee injuries. Morton had three receivers, Moses, Dolbin, Upchurch and a Pro Bowl TE in Riley Odoms. Morton's OL was a converted OT at OC, a 235 pound LOG, a good ROG, a near All-Pro ROT and a converted ROG claimed off waivers at LOT.

Let's be honest here, John Elway took us to three Super Bowls we NEVER should have gone to. Craig Morton by his sheer will went out and beat the Raiders and took the Denver Broncos to their first Super Bowl. These men were leaders. They got the Broncos to play over their heads and win games they never should have won.

Jay only needed to win one game out of three. He had the Buffalo game in the bag. He should also have beaten the Raiders here, at home. He did neither.

Personally, I began to question whether he had the cajones to be a true leader after those two games. The earlier Broncos teams knew if they could keep the games close Morton or Elway would find a way to win. You did not hear that with Cutler.

I remember even hearing that about Charley Johnson in the early 1970's. Like Morton he was also a reject QB who was labeled a loser, always hurt, yada yada yada. Well, Charley got this team to win games. Morton got this team to win championships. Elway got us to win Super Bowls.

So before you hang out Chris Simms (always hurt, loser) and Kyle Orton to dry, remember the ghosts that are at Mile High. Charley and Morton just might resurrect again and bring back the memories of past greatness.

After all, they have other pieces of greatness around them.
    Hey dude, Dez Clark is STILL HERE and so is another TE/WR named GREG OLSEN ( 6'5" runs a 4.4...DWARFS CB's and LINEBACKERS )...have'nt heard of him yet ???

Well now that CUTLER is HERE....you will.
    ( BEARS have possibly THE BEST TANDEM of PASS CATCHING TIGHTENDS in THE LEAGUE my friend ).

You've heard of DEVIN HESTER....you will HEAR MORE.

Earl Bennett ??? He was only CUTLER's FAVORITE TARGET at VANDERBILT his SENIOR YEAR, I wonder how they will mesh together ???

We might sign TORY HOLT and will DEFINITELY DRAFT the best WR available at #49 and PROBABLY another one in a later round.

Don't you worry about the BEARS....they will be FINE.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco Texan View Post
    You guys do understand that the Bears just traded alot on just potential. Jay Cutler has all the potential in the world, but he has not proven anything at all. Those who say Cutler is proven are greatly wrong. Several players enter this league with tons of potential and leave just as quickly. In the three years Jay has been in this league he has not PROVEN that he can LEAD a team anywhere.

If I were a Bears fan, I'd be sick with this trade. I know I know, even if they used their 1st round picks on another player that player would be just as unproven. But, you have to agree two 1st round picks give you a better advantage of getting that proven player.
    The fact is, Cutler has done more than any draft pick will have done.

We won't know who got the better end of this deal until the Broncos turn their picks into players and those players have a chance to perform on the field.

Bears fans are rightfully ecstatic about getting a talented quarterback that has a better than average chance of being the face of the franchise for a long time. I think some people are getting ahead of themselves by proclaiming the Bears Super Bowl contenders or even favorites to win their division, but they now have the kind of quarterback that most teams covet and that can give a team a boost in confidence.

I like what the Broncos did in this deal. They got rid of a malcontent who was prone to make bad decisions and received quality picks and a quarterback who is a better decision maker, even if he isn't as physically talented as the one he replaced.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chitown View Post
    Unfortunately for you it isn't only Cutler and only Cutler. We also got your 5th round pick.
    You also got a 6 pack of baby food.

I heard that's how we got the 3rd round pick.

EDIT: I need to change my sig Lol

From nfl.com

"Time will tell if he's going to be a franchise player," Bears general manager Jerry Angelo said of Cutler. "We're certainly hoping that's the case. But what we do know is we got a winning quarterback, and we feel very good about that."

The Link

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

in term of draft pick

becase cutler was a first rounder himself.
    the bears basically traded 2 unknown pick for a "known to be a probowler" pick + 3 years of development. Not a bad trade for them.

Quote Originally Posted by tgn View Post
    becase cutler was a first rounder himself.
    the bears basically traded 2 unknown pick for a "known to be a probowler" pick + 3 years of development. Not a bad trade for them.
    We got a 21-12 qb, 2 1st rounders, and a 3rd for Jay Cutler(17-20). A girl scout attitude and did not deserve the pro bowl.
    You don't know how well Cutler will do with no WR in Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoCoop View Post
    From nfl.com

"Time will tell if he's going to be a franchise player," Bears general manager Jerry Angelo said of Cutler. "We're certainly hoping that's the case. But what we do know is we got a winning quarterback, and we feel very good about that."

The Link

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

lol. they had a winning QB. Ortan had a better record than Cutler

Bears and Cutler= Broncos with first pick of the first round ext season.

who got the better deal? lets see.

Denver
    Kyle orton - 15-2 at windy chicago
    2009 1st and 3rd
    2010 1st

chicago
    Cutler 17-20
    2009 5th

I find this stat amazing. 15-2 home record. That tells me that Orton can play in all conditions
    Last edited by chris66; 04-04-2009 at 10:22 AM.