Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandon Stokley

Brandon Stokley

With Marshall, Royal, Gaffney, Jackson, and Stokley - do you still see him as our #3 WR or do you see Gaffney moving into the #2 spot since he is more familiar with McD's system and Royal moving to the 3 spot over Stokley and taking on the 'Welker role' leaving Stokley at...?

Or Marsh and Royal are our 1-2, with Stokley in the slot like last year?

Also, when is Stokley's contract up with us?

Go Broncos and Go Nugs!:salute!:

I was wondering that too. Im gonna go sign up for a Signed Rod Smith Football, and when I come back there better be answers.

Well Id have to say that our 3 recieving core would have to be

1st- Bmarsh
    2nd- Stokely
    3rd- Gaffney

Royal might have to wait... the kid is good dont get me wrong but Stokely and Gaffney are veterens in this league and have much experience and talent under their belts... Id keep Royal as our punt/kick returner

Quote Originally Posted by A Mile High Guy View Post

1st- Bmarsh
    2nd- Stokely
    3rd- Gaffney

Royal might have to wait... the kid is good dont get me wrong but Stokely and Gaffney are veterens in this league and have much experience and talent under their belts... Id keep Royal as our punt/kick returner
    Are you kidding me? Royal is coming off a 91 catch, 980, 5 TD rookie season. Presumably he'll get better this year. He should be on the field at least 80% of our offensive snaps.

Quote Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
    Are you kidding me? Royal is coming off a 91 catch, 980, 5 TD rookie season. Presumably he'll get better this year. He should be on the field at least 80% of our offensive snaps.
    Agreed. In no way did Royal even look like a rookie last year. His rookie season looked better than all of Lelie's combined!
    Current morale factor (on a scale of 1-10): -1000 and dropping like a lead balloon.

Reason: Thanks a lot Bowlen, McDaniels and Cutler!

1st- Bmarsh
    2nd- Stokely
    3rd- Gaffney

Did you forget to watch football last season?????

Quote Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
    I'll take royal at 2 please... I bet stokley goes 3 with jg backing up kinda where ever... I think hes here as insurance for the most part... Someone who knows the system enough to backup almost all three positions...

don't undersestimate Stokley he is simliar to Welker (they're both 5-10, and white). I'm sure Mcdaniels will believe he has a major use, and for us common folk, maybe he will maybe he won't

Its hard to say what the order of the depth chart is...but i dont think the depth chart will mean a hole lot. For example even if Royal is listed as the 3rd receiver (like welker) he still has a good chance to lead the team in receptions.

My predictions (in order of most catches)
    1. Royal
    2. Marshall
    3. Gaffney
    4. Stockley

I think Gaffney beats out Stockley simply because he is most likely to fill in for Marshall during the suspension

1st- Bmarsh
    2nd- Stokely
    3rd- Gaffney

What are you smoking man?
    Royal is an excellent receiver. He may not have the experience, but don't question his talents
    My God, I can't believe the things I read here. Unbelievable the reasoning of some people!

Stokley is an integrate part of our offense. He's made his money as a clutch receiver, a 3rd down receiver. He's still one of the best in the NFL at what he does...
    http://www.fightingmaster.com/masters/brucelee/photos/face3.jpg
    I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Quote Originally Posted by bighuka View Post
    don't undersestimate Stokley he is simliar to Welker (they're both 5-10, and white). I'm sure Mcdaniels will believe he has a major use, and for us common folk, maybe he will maybe he won't
    Ha ha ha, I like the similarites you posted - That made me laugh for sure! In all seriousness though Royal will in no way be the number 4 or Bowlen will fire McD before the season is over.

I like Brandon a lot, hope he continues to live long and prosper in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by oldster View Post
    I like Brandon a lot, hope he continues to live long and prosper in Denver.
    me too but Stokes is one concussion away from retirement. He is very valuable out on the field so I hope he stays healthy.

Stokley signed a 3 year contract at the end of the 07 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiz View Post
    With Marshall, Royal, Gaffney, Jackson, and Stokley - do you still see him as our #3 WR or do you see Gaffney moving into the #2 spot since he is more familiar with McD's system and Royal moving to the 3 spot over Stokley and taking on the 'Welker role' leaving Stokley at...?

Or Marsh and Royal are our 1-2, with Stokley in the slot like last year?

Also, when is Stokley's contract up with us?

Go Broncos and Go Nugs!:salute!:
    You raise good question. We need more football talk like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bighuka View Post
    Right... so because Stokley is white, he'll play as well as Wes Welker . Do you realize Eddie Royal is also 5'10''? I don't think anybody around here doubts Stokes abilities, but who knows how his age is going to play a factor. It didn't last year... but I'd have to at this point in his career, Eddie Royal is the more effective receiver. He showed incredible poise, playing like a veteran and posting record breaking numbers as a rookie. The kid can play, we should maximize his abilities.

Back to the OP original question, the scenario that plays out in my mind is

Marshall
    Gaffney
    Royal

If Circumstances arise with injuries, I think Royal is the guy to take the number two spot. I can see both Wes and Royal practicing the "Wes Welker" type role... but Royal has the proven to have the ability to fulfill a number two spot excellently.

For sure, it is going to be very interesting to see how our receiving corps line up this year.

Stokley may be my favorite player...left.

He's a precise route runner with great hands. I could see McDaniels using him at WR much like New England used RB Kevin Faulk; situational, perhaps third down kind of WR.

He's also great insurance against injury.