Page 90 of 127 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1894

Thread: Weather 101

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia23 View Post
    I attempted to go camping last weekend… we're in the eighties. What I can say is in another month I'll be hating life, because the rattlers are already starting to appear…. no more walking the dogs in the desert til late fall.
    I've considered moving to Arizona. After reading this I might scratch that off my list.

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I've considered moving to Arizona. After reading this I might scratch that off my list.
    And leave the twisters? Seriously, I've been saying for twenty years I was going to get out of this state, but for whatever reason I'm still here. Depends what your looking for you may like it here…. just hard to get used to summers.

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris

78 degrees here yesterday. I took the family to the Norfolk Zoo and we loved it, but yeah Tuesday/Wednesday 6-8 inches of snow.... Oh Mother Nature...
    The Bronco fan pledge;
    I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
    I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
    I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
    I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
    Bronco's Country.

***Adopt a Bronco is Chris Harris, Jr.***

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

71 degrees here right now and my Aunt escaping Ohio to their Tennessee cabin posting pictures of snow.

WE NEED THE SNOW..... Not Tennessee...

Crazy!
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

It's 32 here in Boston and once again we are awaiting another snowstorm which is about to start at midnight. I can't take it anymore. It's been a brutal winter.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    It's 32 here in Boston and once again we are awaiting another snowstorm which is about to start at midnight. I can't take it anymore. It's been a brutal winter.
    I think you're getting what we had/have. Nothing stuck. Maybe it won't be bad for you up there.

This is winter waving goodbye to us.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

#Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    I think you're getting what we had/have. Nothing stuck. Maybe it won't be bad for you up there.

This is winter waving goodbye to us.
    We didn't get the snow but right now we have 50 per mile wind gusts. Cape Cod got the snow with 60-70 mile per hour wind gusts. The Cape has a blizzard warning. Happy Spring!

Supposed to get more snow...again.....

Quote Originally Posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
    Supposed to get more snow...again.....
    I saw this and thought of you.

Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Not quite there yet!

With the apparent changes going on with the climate, what used to be prime property - along the oceans, lakes, rivers, may gradually lose value over the decades....perhaps even just years. When I was young, you envied those who lived by the water, and in many places, that's still the case. But even recently, there are bodies of water that people have lost interest in, because of repeated flooding. Even where I live, there's been a real impact. Folks who live along The Red River, in the area of more imminent concern, have had to build their homes high up......trouble is, you need a good boat to get out if a flood occurs. Fortunately we have built an extremely effective bi pass for excessive waters entering the city area, called The Red River Floodway. It has saved us billions since its original days, and has been expanded for better protection.

But even our lakes have been hit hard, and some property owners have been placed in a real dilemma, because of the damage done (so far).

Not to start a big debate here, but every time I hear about climate change, and what the key solution is, I wonder if there has been nearly enough action to make a big difference. IF emissions need to be reduced globally, what a shame that this message is not understood.....or probably worse, some choose to look the other way, in order to support their own agendas.

We've had a lot of rain the last two days. It's caused flooding and trees falling over.

The picture below is in Baltimore. It made me feel like I was back in CA. They're calling it a sinkhole, but it looks like a landslide. Fortunately, no one was hurt.

Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Peanut, since we are kind of close, we got the same system. The lightning put on quite the show even in the day time. Fortunately here no one was hurt either. Made for an interesting few times during our dismissals from school though.
    The Bronco fan pledge;
    I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
    I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
    I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
    I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
    Bronco's Country.

***Adopt a Bronco is Chris Harris, Jr.***

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

We are suppose to hit a hundred a couple times this week…. there is so much that needs maintaining at this time… I meant to have a new air conditioner put in this year…. It's gonna be a long summer.

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris

It's been snowing here since about 1:00am - not much accumulation though. The storm last weekend brought 30+ inches to the San Juan Mountains. I'm still waiting for this morning's numbers, but around mid-afternoon yesterday several mountain locales were already pushing another foot. I'm sure it snowed up there all night and it's still snowing here now.

Gotta love spring in Colorado!

The water situation is looking pretty good right now. Morrow Point Dam (the middle of 3 dams in the Black Canyon) hasn't spilled in almost 20 years, but I've been told that there's a 50/50 chance that it'll happen this year (and that was before this storm).
    Winter is Coming!