• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CanDB
    Football Immortal
    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    OKay, winter has been horrible here this year, and it should be nearing end, right? BUT, if you can believe this, tomorrow night the wind chill may dip as low as -55C, or -67F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is not human. Even the polar bears are crossing us off their list of places to go, due to coldness. (Were we ever really on it??)

Spring is going to feel soooo good this year. And I will certainly remember this winter when I'm sitting outside with shorts and a cold one (oh yah, and some other clothes as well).
    I guess I exaggerated .....only hit -50C, or -58F. Sorry for that.

One thing about the folks around here, it may be brutal cold, but life goes on. We go to work, we go to appointments, we work out, we continue living as we do. It is not wonderful by any stretch, but we get pretty good at it.

As for this winter, it's been reported as one of the 3rd coldest in our recorded history, and if you factor in the winds and above average snowfall, it is easily one of the worst ever! I guess global warming is taking a winter vacation.

Comment

• Peanut
      ModNut
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
      That storm that has been pounding California has been arriving but it's on and off rain. Still no snow except in the mountains that need it. Today was so odd. Sun yet seriously dark clouds that brought rain/hail for only a few minutes and it was moving so fast, it was gone.

So much of the country in a deep freeze this winter yet here in Utah, we are warm and wondering WTH? High pressure over Cali has been dictating it for us.
      I'm glad to see it rain in CA, although a gentle rain would have been better. Been reading about the drought being the worst ever. I lived there during some bad ones. Wish we could send some of our moisture out there. That storm is suppose to hit us Monday.

I don't know how you all up north can handle that extreme cold. I hibernate when it gets to 20F in the winter and when it gets above 95F in the summer.
      Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• BroncosFanInPA
        Football Immortal
        • Oct 2003

This pretty much sums it up for me...

sigpic

Comment

• BroncoManiac_69
          First Year Fan 1974
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
          This pretty much sums it up for me...

Today we are the coldest we have been at this time of day for a couple of months. It's 41 and the wind is blowing.
          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• BroncoManiac_69
            First Year Fan 1974
            • Sep 2003

One thing about the folks around here, it may be brutal cold, but life goes on. We go to work, we go to appointments, we work out, we continue living as we do. It is not wonderful by any stretch, but we get pretty good at it.

As for this winter, it's been reported as one of the 3rd coldest in our recorded history, and if you factor in the winds and above average snowfall, it is easily one of the worst ever! I guess global warming is taking a winter vacation.
            No.. it's been in Utah.

sigpic

Comment

• Jaws
              The Immortal Madam Chomp
              • Oct 2004

It's the fourth day of the week and it's been all sunshine

Comment

• CanDB
                Football Immortal
                • Mar 2008

No.. it's been in Utah.
                Utah's a nice place to vacation......

On Monday we got all the way up to about 4 C (about 40F) and it felt so warm......almost shirtsleeve weather.

Comment

• 2 Minute Warning

another *BLEEPING s-n-o-w ...storm /blizzard...

SO..I would rather not talk about it....

Comment

• Jaws
                    The Immortal Madam Chomp
                    • Oct 2004

Oh boy, this fog is so thick I can barely see my car and it's just outside my bedroom window!

Comment

• BroncoManiac_69
                      First Year Fan 1974
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Jaws View Post
                      Oh boy, this fog is so thick I can barely see my car and it's just outside my bedroom window!
                      So we end up back in St. George on Friday for my birthday party with the grandkids. The comparison? We couldn't see out the windows either. But not because of fog...... TUMBLEWEEDS!

EVERY time the wind blows, they have to endure this tumbleweed invasion. Friday night before my cake and ice cream, we cleared literally hundreds and hundreds of them up to the roof. Saturday was pretty calm but then here came the wind again. It whistled and howled all night long. Sunday morning we get up....Literally hundreds and hundreds if not a thousand had consumed their property again in that short span. Who ever decided to build a subdivision in this spot should build another Great Wall Of China right next to it to prevent this. You can not see out the windows there are so many. It's really hard to describe what the wind does them.

They deal with it ALL the time.

I was floored. I was like OMG.

I could not live there. It's time consuming, depressing and really a pain.

After clearing that out yesterday before we came home, it was a pretty nice evening. Yet... today... the wind is whipping hard once again. I can only imagine what their property looks like yet again today.

Fences, blocks-aids, Adding new houses to the neighborhood. Nothing will ever help. It's really an amazing site. My FB friends probably already saw some pics of it.

sigpic

Comment

• Peanut
                        ModNut
                        • Jan 2007

Nine and a half inches of snow today.

And it wasn't even green.
                        Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• broncoslover115
                          Football Immortal
                          • Mar 2012

So we end up back in St. George on Friday for my birthday party with the grandkids. The comparison? We couldn't see out the windows either. But not because of fog...... TUMBLEWEEDS!

EVERY time the wind blows, they have to endure this tumbleweed invasion. Friday night before my cake and ice cream, we cleared literally hundreds and hundreds of them up to the roof. Saturday was pretty calm but then here came the wind again. It whistled and howled all night long. Sunday morning we get up....Literally hundreds and hundreds if not a thousand had consumed their property again in that short span. Who ever decided to build a subdivision in this spot should build another Great Wall Of China right next to it to prevent this. You can not see out the windows there are so many. It's really hard to describe what the wind does them.

They deal with it ALL the time.

I was floored. I was like OMG.

I could not live there. It's time consuming, depressing and really a pain.

After clearing that out yesterday before we came home, it was a pretty nice evening. Yet... today... the wind is whipping hard once again. I can only imagine what their property looks like yet again today.

Fences, blocks-aids, Adding new houses to the neighborhood. Nothing will ever help. It's really an amazing site. My FB friends probably already saw some pics of it.
                          Sounds horrible and really poor planning building there. Can you share pictures from your FB link on here so we can see?
                          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• aberdien
                            wabi-sabi
                            • May 2005

It looks like the dust bowl outside. Windy, dirty, tumbleweedy. It looks like a natural sepia tone!

Comment

• Sophia23
                              RIP #88
                              • Sep 2012

I attempted to go camping last weekend… we're in the eighties. What I can say is in another month I'll be hating life, because the rattlers are already starting to appear…. no more walking the dogs in the desert til late fall.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                              Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                              Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
                              Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

• Axemaster
                                Special Teams
                                • Jan 2009

Man, that is Auto freeze plug bursting, house pipe busting , lung scarring cold. I remember December of 1983, Scottsbluff Nebraska, working the Graveyard Shift at the Great Western Sugar Factory, it was Minus 25 with a wind chill down to 60 below at times, we could go outside and be able to breathe safely for only 30 seconds at a time before your lungs felt like they were absolutly gonna EXPLODE!! It was Painfull! I dont know how you can stand it!!
                                sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

Working...
                                X