Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120
Results 1,786 to 1,791 of 1791

Thread: Weather 101

It's 102 here.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    It's 102 here.
    Apparently there are a load of spots with 100 plus degree temps. Take those fluids!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    It's 102 here.
    That looks so refreshing.

Thanks for the idea !
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    That looks so refreshing.

Thanks for the idea !
    No kiddin.....
    102 here also.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    "Let's just give them Keenum for an, "I owe you".
    Adopted player Lindsey

I read that June was the hottest June ever, on this planet, which is pretty much a monthly thing for the last number of years. Be prepared for more heat waves, storms, droughts, fires, and movement of people.....among other things.

If summer were to end today, I would give it an A-. And I would give the last 3 summers combined an A! And I can confidently say I would never have rated any 3 year period that way, ever before....not here.

And there's a huge upside to this primarily warm/dry pattern. Very few mosquitoes during that same 3 year span!!

Just to step back...summer is not over yet, so this is just a prelim interpretation. It may get awful! Who knows. But I occasionally compare weather notes, and analyze weather data, like normal highs/lows, etc., and per historical date, over the last week or two the temperatures have taken their first declines since the mid summer peak. By the end of this month, daytime highs will be a couple of degrees lower than the peak, and then it declines a little more rapidly. So I reminisce.

But 3 straight warm/dry summers sure can put a dent into the reputation of "The 'Peg" (my fair city). The knock on this place is two fold, cold winters and, loads of mosquitoes. For anyone who moved here 3 springs ago, they would not understand the mosquito reputation at all. In fact, they would think that summers in The 'Peg are almost perfect!!! And if they were to travel an hour or more in almost any direction, they would appreciate an area that has a good sized city, with lakes and beautiful country within short reach.

Hey, things can and will change. And though I believe the climate is undergoing a new course (though I ask you not to discuss here), this 3 year pattern I mention may never happen again. So I sit back and enjoy, and go for beautiful evening strolls with the dog, and I marvel at how beautiful this place can be, even if not a vacation destination.

Now I better get all the umbrellas out, because I might have cursed it!!