• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CanDB
    Football Immortal
    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Jaws View Post
    Strong northerly winds, rain by the bucketload and a possibility of snow, it's too early in the season for this!
    Jaws....I think this is a certainty going forward....too this, too that, too little, too much, too long, too harsh.

As I mentioned, worst ever damage to trees in our city due to really early snowstorm, and highest the river has ever been, this late. A town north of us is actually preparing for some flooding.....and they have no idea what the The Red is going to do. it is supposed to be freezing....and much. much lower!! Ice jams ahead is what complicates things.

Problems everywhere. Out of control fires. Italy took a beating the other day. UNUSUAL is the norm.

Comment

• Jaws
      The Immortal Madam Chomp
      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      Jaws....I think this is a certainty going forward....too this, too that, too little, too much, too long, too harsh.

As I mentioned, worst ever damage to trees in our city due to really early snowstorm, and highest the river has ever been, this late. A town north of us is actually preparing for some flooding.....and they have no idea what the The Red is going to do. it is supposed to be freezing....and much. much lower!! Ice jams ahead is what complicates things.

Problems everywhere. Out of control fires. Italy took a beating the other day. UNUSUAL is the norm.
      Yup, sadly it's getting extreme all over our planet.

Comment

• CanDB
        Football Immortal
        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Jaws View Post
        Yup, sadly it's getting extreme all over our planet.
        I had this awful thought recently....will it get so bad that, whenever we have a decent day, will we be aware of it? Will we be saying...."so glad it turned out nice today. Not so for tomorrow."

That is extreme thinking...and I always believe in people to find a way.:thumb:

Comment

• Saddletramp
          Captain
          • Nov 2005

Extremely RUDE wind tomorrow night. Cold front coming through with 40+ mph wind after 11 pm.....
          [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
          Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
            team preacher
            • Mar 2008

Expecting a high near 57 with partly cloudy skies; fairly warm for November.
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Saddletramp
              Captain
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
              Expecting a high near 57 with partly cloudy skies; fairly warm for November.
              60s and 70s here.....
              Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• Saddletramp
                Captain
                • Nov 2005

Cold AND windy.....
                I work outside.......
                Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
                  team preacher
                  • Mar 2008

27 this morning with an expected high of 48 later today
                  sigpic

Comment

• BroncosDivision
                    #27 | HOF | CLASS OF 2020
                    • Sep 2009

It's been raining... a lot.

12.87 inches of rain this fall, surpassing the previous record set back in 1967 and we still have about 10 days to go before it's officially winter. Yikes. I'm good with the rain... the sun can come back now.
                    Adopted Poster
                    AZ Snake Fan

Comment

• Saddletramp
                      Captain
                      • Nov 2005

And now it's raining......

Its gonna be a slick bogger in the am......
                      Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• Saddletramp
                        Captain
                        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post

It's been raining... a lot.

12.87 inches of rain this fall, surpassing the previous record set back in 1967 and we still have about 10 days to go before it's officially winter. Yikes. I'm good with the rain... the sun can come back now.
                        I am assuming 12.87" a lot for you guys this time of year?
                        Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• CanDB
                          Football Immortal
                          • Mar 2008

Prediction for us.... a long and frigid winter.

OK, that officially sucks.

Normal precipitation though, which could prevent this ridiculously high Red River from flooding.

Comment

• BroncosDivision
                            #27 | HOF | CLASS OF 2020
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Saddletramp View Post
                            I am assuming 12.87" a lot for you guys this time of year?
                            I mean, it's not that it's been pouring down 24/7, but a consistent mix of drizzle/light rain and overcast/foggy days will do you in pretty quick. I don't know about you saddle, but I personally find shorter bursts of heavy rain more tolerable.

If not for my beloved West Coast just a quick 15 minute drive away from here, I'd go crazy. It sounds cheesy but the nature is my personal fix for mental health. It's never let me down when stressed out. That's also a big reason why I love Colorado.. ya know, we don't really have any mountains over here.

(the West Coast at its best when you're almost by yourself)

(and when it's being invaded by those pesky tourists from Europe... I kid, they're always welcome lol)
                            Adopted Poster
                            AZ Snake Fan

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
                              team preacher
                              • Mar 2008

12” is what we get in an entire year.
                              sigpic

Comment

• 2 Minute Warning

What is with this freezing rain every other day......................

Comment

Working...
                                X