Page 117 of 118 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 115 116 117 118 LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 1757

Thread: Weather 101

  1. #1741
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    30,807
    Quote Originally Posted by johntbronco View Post
    Guys! Check out this wind map of the US!

    http://hint.fm/wind/
    Looks like a black hole somewhere in Kansas. Sorry about the northern breezes coming from my direction!!! Usually it's just hot air.....

  2. #1742
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    30,807
    In an unusual way, I feel like most of us are connected this day and for the next day or more, because of this massive storm. We are fortunate where I live, because we are on the northern edge of it.....but as I say that, the winds are beginning to make themselves heard....and some snow will fall soon.

    But this storm is so far reaching and powerful, it is something so many of us are sharing, whether we like it or not. I hope it is softer in strength than some anticipate.

    Be safe.

  3. #1743
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not where I want to be.
    Posts
    7,439
    Quote Originally Posted by johntbronco View Post
    Guys! Check out this wind map of the US!

    http://hint.fm/wind/
    Ok that's just cool.... Wish this wind would go down....
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    "Let's just give them Keenum for an, "I owe you".

  4. #1744
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    30,807
    Hey gang....windy and some wet snow, but we got lucky again. How you folks doing?

  5. #1745
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    18,593
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Hey gang....windy and some wet snow, but we got lucky again. How you folks doing?
    Gonna hit 60 degrees here today! I'm starting to see grass!

  6. #1746
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    30,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Gonna hit 60 degrees here today! I'm starting to see grass!
    WOW!!!! Get the lotion out!!!

  7. #1747
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    land of the firebird
    Posts
    7,879
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    WOW!!!! Get the lotion out!!!
    For the grass?


    Sideways snow tapered off around 9pm. Stayed windy and just blew around existing snow. Temps in 20s but wind chill made it feel like less than 0. Cold this morning but warming up. Schools better be open tomorrow so kids can go to daycare. 2nd day ive had to do half day so better half could work overnight shift

  8. #1748
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    30,807
    Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    For the grass?


    Sideways snow tapered off around 9pm. Stayed windy and just blew around existing snow. Temps in 20s but wind chill made it feel like less than 0. Cold this morning but warming up. Schools better be open tomorrow so kids can go to daycare. 2nd day ive had to do half day so better half could work overnight shift
    Sun tan pal!!! (I know, it's the sun, not the temp)

  9. #1749
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not where I want to be.
    Posts
    7,439
    A video of the winds we had here yesterday. This was taken in Amarillo...

    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...70571333132177
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    "Let's just give them Keenum for an, "I owe you".

  10. #1750
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    30,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    A video of the winds we had here yesterday. This was taken in Amarillo...

    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...70571333132177
    Pretty rough!!! Luckily those vehicles did not collide with oncoming traffic or folks beside them.

  11. #1751
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not where I want to be.
    Posts
    7,439
    The wind goes away today with highs in the 40s and 50s.....
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    "Let's just give them Keenum for an, "I owe you".

  12. #1752
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    15,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    The wind goes away today with highs in the 40s and 50s.....
    One of my coworkers is near Amarillo. She hasnít been able to work much because the wind keeps causing her internet to go out.

  13. #1753
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    18,593
    Back down to 36 today here in Madison. A ton of snow melted during the past few days. That combined with some rain, we're having some issues with flooding.

    My wife's uncle has a bunch of apple trees on his parcel of land that are totally swimming in water. Not looking good for the future harvest.

  14. #1754
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not where I want to be.
    Posts
    7,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    One of my coworkers is near Amarillo. She hasn’t been able to work much because the wind keeps causing her internet to go out.
    She'll be able to work today and through the weekend....
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    "Let's just give them Keenum for an, "I owe you".

  15. #1755
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    28,839
    looks like an earthquake hit here in certain areas just outside of town.





    Welcome Back! #85

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •