Page 111 of 122 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1823

Thread: Weather 101

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Glad you're experiencing changing weather. I know you wanted that. Come autumn, even more of that, although Denver has some really nice dry heat at times (as you know) late into fall. But yes, you will enjoy snow this winter!

(BTW....I'll be posting a Trivia thread tomorrow)
    Thanks, D! It gets toasty...but dry heat is definitely bearable. Can't wait for autumn and football - let seasons ring!!!

Another heat wave passing through. Been quite common in this country, this year. Record heat all over the planet. Hope the fires die out.

Getting colder now, looks like Fall is here for some of us. Cider and Apples are nice, but the cold house, and mornings not so much.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") <-------Post Peach in your sig if you want world domination

Quote Originally Posted by Broncomania96 View Post
    Getting colder now, looks like Fall is here for some of us. Cider and Apples are nice, but the cold house, and mornings not so much.

Do I hear you! Coldest autumn I can remember. Saw snow twice in September!! Only snowed 3 times in September in our history.....

I often talk about my love for autumn, but this one is not my fav....so far. We are rushing to get the leaves raked, and other yard work. One good frost managed to drop 1/2 our leaves overnight!!

BTW....we were in New York this summer, and it was GREAT time!

My upcoming weather towards the end of the week....

Special Weather Statement
    National Weather Service Amarillo TX
    350 PM CST Mon Dec 3 2018

Cimarron-Texas-Beaver-Dallam-Sherman-Hansford-Ochiltree-Lipscomb-
    Hartley-Moore-Hutchinson-Roberts-Hemphill-Oldham-Potter-Carson-
    Gray-Wheeler-Deaf Smith-Randall-Armstrong-Donley-Collingsworth-
    Palo Duro Canyon-
    Including the cities of Boise City, Keyes, Guymon, Beaver,
    Forgan, Dalhart, Stratford, Spearman, Gruver, Perryton, Booker,
    Higgins, Follett, Hartley, Channing, Dumas, Borger, Miami,
    Canadian, Vega, Amarillo, Panhandle, White Deer, Pampa, Shamrock,
    Wheeler, Hereford, Canyon, Claude, Clarendon, Wellington,
    and Palo Duro Canyon
    350 PM CST Mon Dec 3 2018

...A WINTER STORM POSSIBLE FRIDAY THROUGH SATURDAY...

A strong cold front is forecast to move across the Texas and
    Oklahoma Panhandles Wednesday night and early Thursday. In
    addition, an upper level storm system is expected to approach the
    Panhandles from the southwestern states and the southern and
    central Rockies by Friday and then continuing through Saturday.
    Warmer and more moist air from the south is expected to move up
    and over the shallow colder air at the surface late this week into
    early this weekend. The combination of all of these features is
    expected to result in winter weather for all of the Texas and
    Oklahoma Panhandles Friday through Saturday with the winter
    weather possibly beginning as early as Thursday night across the
    far southern Texas Panhandle.

There are a lot of uncertainties with regards to this upcoming
    winter weather event so early ahead of the event, such as timing,
    location, and precipitation types and amounts, but it appears that
    there should be a possibility for freezing rain and sleet Friday
    across the southern Panhandles with snow and sleet across the
    northern Panhandles Friday. If the current solution holds true,
    the snow should then spread south and east Friday night and
    Saturday across the remainder of the Panhandles but could still be
    mixed with the freezing rain and sleet Friday night across the
    southern portions changing to snow before ending on Saturday.
    Again, there is a lot of uncertainty and low confidence this soon
    in the week as weather computer models will be changing day to
    day.

You are encouraged to stay tuned to the latest forecasts from the
    National Weather Service office in Amarillo Texas by listening to
    NOAA weather radio, commercial radio or television, or by
    visiting our website at www.weather.gov/ama.

My weather starting 0600 tomorrow,.

Winter Storm Watch

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE National Weather Service Amarillo TX 435 AM CST Thu Dec 6 2018 .0002.Beaver-Hansford-Ochiltree-Lipscomb-Moore-Hutchinson-Roberts- Hemphill-Oldham-Potter-Carson-Gray-Wheeler-Deaf Smith-Randall- Armstrong-Donley-Collingsworth-Palo Duro Canyon- Including the cities of Beaver, Forgan, Spearman, Gruver, Perryton, Booker, Higgins, Follett, Dumas, Borger, Miami, Canadian, Vega, Amarillo, Panhandle, White Deer, Pampa, Shamrock, Wheeler, Hereford, Canyon, Claude, Clarendon, Wellington, and Palo Duro Canyon 435 AM CST Thu Dec 6 2018 ...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY MORNING THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON... * WHAT...Moderate to heavy mixed precipitation possible. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 8 inches, with localized amounts up to 10 inches, and ice accumulations of up to one tenth of an inch are possible. * WHERE...The eastern Oklahoma Panhandle and all but the far northwest Texas Panhandle. * WHEN...Beginning at 6 AM CST Friday morning and ending at 6 PM CST Saturday afternoon. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Plan on difficult travel conditions. Significant reductions in visibility are possible in bands of heavy snow. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A Winter Storm Watch means there is potential for significant snow, sleet or ice accumulations that may impact travel. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
    Hazardous Weather Outlook

Hazardous Weather Outlook National Weather Service AmaimarC ron-Texas-Beaver-Dallam-Sherman-Hansford-Ochiltree-Lipscomb- Hartley-Moore-Hutchinson-Roberts-Hemphill-Oldham-Potter-Carson- Gray-Wheeler-Deaf Smith-Randall-Armstrong-Donley-Collingsworth- Palo Duro Canyon- 3hher Outlook is for the Texas and Oklahoma Panhandles. .DAY ONE...Today and Tonight. No hazardous weather is expected today. Patchy freezing drizzle is expected after midnight tonight across the southern half of the Texas Panhandle. .DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Friday through Wednesday. A Winter Storm Watch remains in effect for the eastern Oklahoma Panhandle and southeastern two-thirds of the Texas Panhandle Friday morning through Saturday afternoon. Hazardous snow and ice accumulations are possible due to freezing rain, sleet, and snow. By late Friday night, snow will be the precipitation type, with snow continuing Saturday. .SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT... Spotter activation is not anticipated at this time. Observers are requested to review snow measuring procedures and to be ready to relay snow and ice measurements to the National Weather Service in Amarillo.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    That looks like late autumn where I come from!

That looks like late autumn where I come from!
    This is how our weather goes..

This is how our weather goes..

Funny!

Dang, we just got hit with a winter storm. Now that my back is resting from shovelling, it is kind of pretty, Should have used the blower, but I shovel it in stages now, unless it is a huge dump! Ha ha...plus the neighbours might expect me to do the block!! Just kidding. But seriously, a couple of years ago we cleared the snow with a snow blower committee of sorts, and it was fun. People bonded nicely. Can't wait for the city crews to get it all started.

Funny!

Dang, we just got hit with a winter storm. Now that my back is resting from shovelling, it is kind of pretty, Should have used the blower, but I shovel it in stages now, unless it is a huge dump! Ha ha...plus the neighbours might expect me to do the block!! Just kidding. But seriously, a couple of years ago we cleared the snow with a snow blower committee of sorts, and it was fun. People bonded nicely. Can't wait for the city crews to get it all started.
    60 degrees here today. A little wind but not stupidly windy. Beautiful day. I should be horseback.....

2 beautiful days in a row here in the northeast Texas panhandle!! The rest of the week should be the same although they are forecasting wind for Friday. Why is it the wind is bout the only thing they get right???
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 01-17-2019 at 02:19 PM.

An absolutely gorgeous day in the northeast Texas panhandle today!!

An absolutely gorgeous day in the northeast Texas panhandle today!!
    Guess you wouldn't want to trade for temps around -30C (overnight), which is into the -20s F? Mind you, we canucks expect it every year. Whether we love it or not is another story!!

Hence the packed airports for those travelling to warm climates!!

Guess you wouldn't want to trade for temps around -30C (overnight), which is into the -20s F? Mind you, we canucks expect it every year. Whether we love it or not is another story!!

Hence the packed airports for those travelling to warm climates!!
    Bout 20....25 years ago we had a couple winters that it got down that cold for a week or so. In all honesty while it was cold it wasn't that bad as we had no wind..... That's what gets us here, the wind, fence posts and barbed wire don't offer much protection against wind.
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 01-17-2019 at 07:06 PM.