Page 11 of 119 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather 101

It was -2 here this morning when I was taking my son to school at 7:30am. That is extremely cold weather for this area.

It will make things extremely busy for us as things begin to thaw out later in the week and next (frozen pipes, etc). I work for a construction restoration contractor (Disaster Kleenup).

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

It is -6 right now last night it was -24 and with wind chills it felt like -32.

Thanks Blondie for the Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
    Any of you in Durango / La Plata County need to check in... if you have power that is.

I've heard 2+ feet in and around Durango.

A station near Red Mountain Pass clocked a 91 MPH winds this morning.

On the bright side everyone seems to be driving nice and slow.

...and it's still snowing...
    sorry didnt go in yesterday......so totals for durango area exceed 2ft. I live in between durango/ignacio/bayfield and we had almost 2.5ft

wind was bad but has calmed down some. On the thermometer this morning it was reading -5f and thats without windchill.

We never lost power but just stayed home all day yesterday and played games and cleaned.
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by *Atwater* View Post
    It is -6 right now last night it was -24 and with wind chills it felt like -32.

nice and the wind out there is worse than it would be in loveland where my family is
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
    Supposed to get snow, sleet and wind tomorrow.
    I'm still trying to win the lottery so I can move, Winter is tooooo long here in the northeast. I wanna live where Spring starts when Spring starts, not six to 8 weeks later.
    All day long......trees down everywhere, freezing rain on the way...any snow we got is blown away mostly. Is it spring yet?

Quote Originally Posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
    All day long......trees down everywhere, freezing rain on the way...any snow we got is blown away mostly. Is it spring yet?
    absolutely love the snow......the wind i can definitely do without
    Glen Haven Fire

We have another foot of snow forecasted to move in tonight/tomorrow.

Shovels do you duty.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

So were supposed to get slammed with some serious snow this weekend. They cancelled finals tomorrow. Unfortunately it doesnt really help me because my final thats due tomorrow is a take home to be emailed to the prof anyways.

Sighhhhhhh.

Hopefully I can make it home tonight or else I'll be stranded at school for the next few days.

Which wouldnt be so bad cause I wont have any school work left. Some other people have to stay cause of late flights and are sol. Luckily I'm in driving distance to my school.

Quote Originally Posted by CTM View Post
    So were supposed to get slammed with some serious snow this weekend. They cancelled finals tomorrow. Unfortunately it doesnt really help me because my final thats due tomorrow is a take home to be emailed to the prof anyways.

Sighhhhhhh.

Hopefully I can make it home tonight or else I'll be stranded at school for the next few days.

Which wouldnt be so bad cause I wont have any school work left. Some other people have to stay cause of late flights and are sol. Luckily I'm in driving distance to my school.
    so more than usual 2 inch east coast freak out?
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    so more than usual 2 inch east coast freak out?
    Freak out?!?

You should see the madhouse out there!

No hot chocolate on the shelves...traffic jam in the parking lot....

I'm going to hibernate. Not because I can't drive in the snow, but because they can't.

I've heard 12-16 inches.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Freak out?!?

You should see the madhouse out there!

No hot chocolate on the shelves...traffic jam in the parking lot....

I'm going to hibernate. Not because I can't drive in the snow, but because they can't.

I've heard 12-16 inches.
    well thats more than the usual 2, no wonder the markets are being torn up
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by CTM View Post

Sighhhhhhh.

Hope you made it home. Your school is closed, we're in a state of emergency, the Bears are stuck in Chicago so there might not be a game tomorrow. Think they'll air the Broncos game for us? Something good could come out of this.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Over a foot of snow coming :salute!:
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Hope you made it home. Your school is closed, we're in a state of emergency, the Bears are stuck in Chicago so there might not be a game tomorrow. Think they'll air the Broncos game for us? Something good could come out of this.
    Wouldn't they just fly to a different airport and bus in?

Hooray, beer!

We've been in the upper 40's for about a week now and most of our snow has melted.

You all stay safe back east.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***