Page 120 of 121 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 1807

Thread: Weather 101

It's 102 here.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    It's 102 here.
    Apparently there are a load of spots with 100 plus degree temps. Take those fluids!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    It's 102 here.
    That looks so refreshing.

Thanks for the idea !
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    That looks so refreshing.

Thanks for the idea !
    No kiddin.....
    102 here also.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

I read that June was the hottest June ever, on this planet, which is pretty much a monthly thing for the last number of years. Be prepared for more heat waves, storms, droughts, fires, and movement of people.....among other things.

If summer were to end today, I would give it an A-. And I would give the last 3 summers combined an A! And I can confidently say I would never have rated any 3 year period that way, ever before....not here.

And there's a huge upside to this primarily warm/dry pattern. Very few mosquitoes during that same 3 year span!!

Just to step back...summer is not over yet, so this is just a prelim interpretation. It may get awful! Who knows. But I occasionally compare weather notes, and analyze weather data, like normal highs/lows, etc., and per historical date, over the last week or two the temperatures have taken their first declines since the mid summer peak. By the end of this month, daytime highs will be a couple of degrees lower than the peak, and then it declines a little more rapidly. So I reminisce.

But 3 straight warm/dry summers sure can put a dent into the reputation of "The 'Peg" (my fair city). The knock on this place is two fold, cold winters and, loads of mosquitoes. For anyone who moved here 3 springs ago, they would not understand the mosquito reputation at all. In fact, they would think that summers in The 'Peg are almost perfect!!! And if they were to travel an hour or more in almost any direction, they would appreciate an area that has a good sized city, with lakes and beautiful country within short reach.

Hey, things can and will change. And though I believe the climate is undergoing a new course (though I ask you not to discuss here), this 3 year pattern I mention may never happen again. So I sit back and enjoy, and go for beautiful evening strolls with the dog, and I marvel at how beautiful this place can be, even if not a vacation destination.

Now I better get all the umbrellas out, because I might have cursed it!!

Not looking good. After a nice autumn day, we are heading into a cold front and Colorado Low, which means we will be getting lots of rain/snow just before the weekend (maybe into it).

It is sad, because parts of our province are flooded a bit, and there is no room for them to take on another load of precipitation. Fingers crossed.

I don't ever remember seeing The Red River so high at this time of year.

I see big snowflakes this morning....

More to come.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I see big snowflakes this morning....

More to come.
    That coooold Canadian weather should stay in Canada, where it belongs!

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    That coooold Canadian weather should stay in Canada, where it belongs!
    Sorry mate!

Now, to be fair, some of our problem is a Colorado Low, and last I can tell, it's not part of Canada!!! Now that would be a magnificent acquisition!!!

This system is massive, and I believe it goes from southern Canada down to Texas??

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Sorry mate!

Now, to be fair, some of our problem is a Colorado Low, and last I can tell, it's not part of Canada!!! Now that would be a magnificent acquisition!!!

This system is massive, and I believe it goes from southern Canada down to Texas??
    Wow, that was some cold air! We went from 82 degrees to 10 in about 36 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    Yes, I was reading about the effect it would have on you folks, and wow, what a change!!!

We are looking outside at what appears to be winter. Luckily I have nowhere to go in a hurry, so all's well. But this is an awful way to begin early October, especially for the farmers and folks in areas where some flooding was already occurring.

Hey Gman…..how would you compare the weather in Denver vs where you lived, in Cali? I don't mean this exceptional weather situation, I mean overall. I would assume that they are both quite good, year round. Probably a bit premature to ask, but now that you've experienced some of it. I know you wanted distinct seasons, so I feel you will definitely lean to Denver.
    Last edited by CanDB; 10-11-2019 at 10:37 AM.

Yeah it was 19F in Santa Fe this morning when only yesterday afternoon I was breaking a sweat removing a massive chamisa bush! I just hope it didn't turn the leaves of the cottonwood trees here brown and rob us of our colorful Autumn --again, dang it!
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Yeah it was 19F in Santa Fe this morning when only yesterday afternoon I was breaking a sweat removing a massive chamisa bush! I just hope it didn't turn the leaves of the cottonwood trees here brown and rob us of our colorful Autumn --again, dang it!
    Yes....we were just getting into the beautiful colour stage, and this wintery storm may rob us of what I tend to find the best season of the year.

It will melt next week I'm sure, but not sure the impact on those beautiful trees/leaves.