Page 3 of 108 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather 101

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JuQDsDJZ-I

I love meteorology, although this storm finally made me decide to leave Florida. It begins when the power goes out, and made life very miserable for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    If it's the same system we are experiencing it's mellowed down to near perfect weather by the time it gets here.

It's been partly cloudy with the highs between 70-77 for about the last week. It's been great! I haven't had to use the A\C for about a week now. Prior to that we were having weather in the low 90's.

I don't think it will last too long however. 90's is usually typical for this time of year, and when it will get to July it will be in the 100 neighborhood for most of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JuQDsDJZ-I

I love meteorology, although this storm finally made me decide to leave Florida. It begins when the power goes out, and made life very miserable for a month.
    That's one thing I like about the area where I live. It's relatively free from natural disasters. The winters aren't too bad either. We get the full four seasons and it's quite beautiful.

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

I was sitting out in my warehouse watching tv today around lunch time, sweat was running off my legs and dripping on the floor.

Humid and very sticky....

Pounded

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?r...101111&loop=no

See all of those yellow and green boxes?

Man, we have getting pounded here all day, this is the third T-storm complex to come through here in past 12 hours. My basement is flooding for the first time since I have lived here.

I think im about to be swept away in a flood....man, it's been rainin like crazy all day.

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr3yStreet View Post
    I think im about to be swept away in a flood....man, it's been rainin like crazy all day.
    Been having a lot of rain recently been nice

Of course we have storms moving in today as we plan on going camping later today. Looks like I'll be getting wet setting up camp this afternoon.

But clearing up for the weekend so I'll deal with it. Looking to be a perfect weather weekend for fishing.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    Of course we have storms moving in today as we plan on going camping later today. Looks like I'll be getting wet setting up camp this afternoon.

But clearing up for the weekend so I'll deal with it. Looking to be a perfect weather weekend for fishing.
    Camping in the rain is the BEST.

Nothin beats chillin in a tent up in the mountains while it's raining with a good book, a guitar and an herbal cigarette.

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

The storms are moving in quickly now and as mentioned, I plan on getting wet from the rain however....

The lightening is striking like crazy right now and we just tracked it. 147 strikes in the past 45 minutes. Now THAT will be a problem and yes... I will be very cautious about it.

61 and raining hard right now.

This has been a weird spring and early summer. Normally, this is a time of wind, fairly high temps, and very dry air with little to no precipitation. The rain usually comes later in the summer with the monsoon.

Instead, we're chilled, wet and the wind only comes on the front end of passing storms. Also, it seems that with every passing storm and once the clouds have cleared from the mountains, that there's fresh snow up there. That's not completely unusual at any time of year, but the frequency that it's happening is definitely out of the ordinary.

I'm not complaining because it has been a pleasant change from the norm, but atypical for sure.

What a rain last night!

It rained so hard, I measured an inch and a 1/4 in 30 minutes. Officially in town we got 1/2" but we could see us getting pounded way more than in town.

It started with these HUGE drops and then it just let loose. I haven't seen rain like that in a very long time and it was much needed.

Today is very cool, cloudy, almost fall like. More rain expected later today. Clearing out tomorrow in time for the big weekend.

Geez.

The last 4 days have felt like October. Cool and windy. We actually set a record low yesterday dropping down to 42 degrees.

It's friggen August for crying out loud.

We have had about 6 weeks of summer and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    Geez.

The last 4 days have felt like October. Cool and windy. We actually set a record low yesterday dropping down to 42 degrees.

It's friggen August for crying out loud.

We have had about 6 weeks of summer and that's it.
    Geez Maniac......didn't know you were such a weather nut........like me....

I have been a weather dude since I was very young. I used to constantly study it, once I started working as a young lad, on a market garden.

Anyway, up here in Winnipeg, there are no signs of global warming this year. In fact we have gone 8 months in a row with below normal temps, which tied a record. August is a potential record breaking month.....The first part was below normal, and yet this week we are expected to get some heat (finally). The issue also has been above average rainfall. I shouldn't complain however, because parts of Canada have been swamped this summer!!

On the other hand, the jet stream also caused British Columbia to have serious heat while most of us in Canada dragged through cooler and wetter weather......

Looking forward to this week's nicer weather.......(in the 80s and dry.....sorry Canucks, I converted to Fahrenheit from Celsius to satisfy the bigger audience!!)

We had the jet stream hook up with a low pressure system that brought us very violent winds last Thursday with gusts hitting 70 MPH. That is just plain ridiculous. You can't even be outside in stuff like that.

We've been stuck in this pattern for the past 2-3 weeks, with these lows pushing down from north western US.

We too are supposed to warm back up this week. I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm such a heat person and as I've been blabbing before, I want out of Utah because of this weather. And I'm one broken record going on and on about the wind here. It never ends.

Summer is back this week.

We really really need rain though and there is none in sight for at least another week.