• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mount-n-Groan
    Epithetically Challenged
    • Jun 2003

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    Summer is back this week. :dance:

We really really need rain though and there is none in sight for at least another week.
    It's been a weird one...

Spring was cold and wet instead of the normal dry and windy.

But, some late spring and early summer winds did bring us a few rare dust storms from Utah.

Summer was late, completely absent at times, and not too terribly hot.

No monsoon to speak of. I suppose it could come late like it does every 5-6 years and totally soak us in September.

The reservoirs have been at capacity all summer too, and the mountain flora has been thick, flowery and as green as can be.

I still look upon snow every day. That's not unusual, but those high, north-facing ravines and cirques won't come close to losing their snow this year. And now, the mornings are getting pretty cold. I've been tempted the last few days to kick on the heater on my way to work.

But, 80 degrees in August? Yep, I can live with that, but would love to see some rain as well.
    Winter is Coming!

Comment

• 2 Minute Warning

Went from quite cool and rainy rainy right to hot muggy and buggy.

Comment

• BroncoManiac_69
        First Year Fan 1974
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
        It's been a weird one...

Spring was cold and wet instead of the normal dry and windy.

But, some late spring and early summer winds did bring us a few rare dust storms from Utah.

Summer was late, completely absent at times, and not too terribly hot.

No monsoon to speak of. I suppose it could come late like it does every 5-6 years and totally soak us in September.

The reservoirs have been at capacity all summer too, and the mountain flora has been thick, flowery and as green as can be.

I still look upon snow every day. That's not unusual, but those high, north-facing ravines and cirques won't come close to losing their snow this year. And now, the mornings are getting pretty cold. I've been tempted the last few days to kick on the heater on my way to work.

But, 80 degrees in August? Yep, I can live with that, but would love to see some rain as well.
        I think we saw the sun maybe 3 or 4 days during the entire month of June. It wasn't exactly rainy but cloudy and showers and very cool all month.

July hits and the thermometer jumps up into the 90's.

The last two weeks have been very windy (as usual) and we set a couple of record overnight lows. That was highly aggravating. 39 friggen degrees in August. :hammer:

It has been so dry here, I think that's why are grass, garden and all the greenery around here is well... not so green.

We have mountainous fires around us and last week, we actually had fire right in town where I-15 runs through that consumed about 1/3 of a mile and came dangerously close to some houses on the west side hill.

But here we are, back to the upper 80's and forecast to hit 90 rest of the week which really tickles my fancy. :dance:
        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• CTM
          Later Skater
          • Jan 2008

In the middle of some rainfall out here in MD.

I hate it when it rains when its warm, humidity sucks.

Comment

• HurricaneDovs
            Playmaker
            • Dec 2006

Rain?
            What is rain?

Is it that wet stuff that falls from the sky once every 8.5 months or so?
            You forget what other weather looks like when your daily average is about 107.
            LET 'ER BUCK!!!
            Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

Comment

• Bronco_Armada
              Personal Ring Announcer
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by CTM View Post

You too huh?

It is horrible.

Can't even breath.
              sigpic

Comment

• CanDB
                Football Immortal
                • Mar 2008

On Friday am we had yet another storm, even though we have lacked much in the way of heat all summer. Anyway, at about 4 am, after one small storm passed, I started hearing some banging on the roof.....turned out to be about a 15 minute hail storm (sometimes very heavy!!)......golf ball size. In some areas of our province (state) there were baseball sized hail.

In all my years that is the most powerful hailstorm I have ever witnessed here.

I mentioned this before, but if August is below normal temperature (and it is on track to be), this will set a record of 9 straight months of below normal temperatures. Plus the ground is saturated.

Hopefully the autumn will be the best part of the year......

Comment

• Peanut
                  ModNut
                  • Jan 2007

Originally posted by CTM View Post

Went to OC today. 86 with a nice breeze.

On the way home, we got the rain. The heaviest, going across the Bay Bridge. I love rain. I love driving in it. I'm all smiles and hubby's not happy.

CanDB, during a hail storm like that, it's good to be inside.
                  Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Bernie24
                    Playmaker
                    • Feb 2009

Thunderstorm right now! Woooo!

Comment

• BroncoManiac_69
                      First Year Fan 1974
                      • Sep 2003

After setting record lows just 10 days ago, today we are going to set a record high.

Forecasted for us to hit 100 today. We hit that mark once or twice a year and today is the day!

sigpic

Comment

• Apoc13
                        Cautiously optimistic
                        • Jul 2008

the weather observation i just issued for otis angb/falmouth ma

KFMH 211614Z 18014KT 10SM SCT015 BKN250 30/26 A2996

i actually posted this in here before i transmitted it to the national weather service

Comment

• Sparky The Sun Devil
                          • May 2009

today: slightly cloudly with a high of 108 & low oof 85

Comment

• Mount-n-Groan
                            Epithetically Challenged
                            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Apoc13 View Post
                            the weather observation i just issued for otis angb/falmouth ma

KFMH 211614Z 18014KT 10SM SCT015 BKN250 30/26 A2996

i actually posted this in here before i transmitted it to the national weather service
                            Are you a spotter, Apoc? Pilot? In the National Guard?

I spot here locally (unofficially, as I've never been officially trained something I plan on changing soon) and if I had to do all over again I'd seriously consider studying and making a career out of meteorology.

Oh, and BM... I see that some respite is on its way. Upper 70's to low 80's and a fair chance of rain coming this weekend and beyond.
                            Winter is Coming!

Comment

• Apoc13
                              Cautiously optimistic
                              • Jul 2008

Are you a spotter, Apoc? Pilot? In the National Guard?

I spot here locally (unofficially, as I've never been officially trained something I plan on changing soon) and if I had to do all over again I'd seriously consider studying and making a career out of meteorology.

Oh, and BM... I see that some respite is on its way. Upper 70's to low 80's and a fair chance of rain coming this weekend and beyond.

i'm a meteorological tech...i do weather observations for otis, where i am now, logan airport in boston and tf green airport in providence ri

Comment

• BroncoManiac_69
                                First Year Fan 1974
                                • Sep 2003

We are supposed to get the cool down once this high pressure starts moving over Colorado which in turn will suck up the moisture from the south. I hope it doesn't cool off too much just yet. Winter *cough* *cough* is just around the corner.

Originally posted by Apoc13 View Post
                                i'm a meteorological tech...i do weather observations for otis, where i am now, logan airport in boston and tf green airport in providence ri
                                That is so cool. Do you get paid for that too?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X