Page 5 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 1598

Thread: Weather 101

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cape Cod/N Attleboro, Ma
    Posts
    3,428
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    That is so cool. Do you get paid for that too?
    i did it for 110 hours last week, i had better, lol

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Cedar City, Utah
    Posts
    25,535
    Wow. You may have heard about it known as the Mill Flat Fire here in southern Utah but it's overshadowed by yet another year of California fires.

    Our local crisis:

    They let this thing burn for a month.

    Yesterday, we took our house guests up to Cedar Breaks Monument and then went on to Navajo Lake for a couple hours of fishing.

    As we came down the mountain, it was amazing to see what they say "a fire that exploded" on them. Several houses/structures lost.

    The smoke started blowing in and as we left, it was like OMG!

    This fire jumped the lines and is now threatening a local city New Harmony.

    Today, it is unbelievable around here. Woke up to our cars being covered with ash and all day the smoke has consumed us.

    I was hoping our last forecasted day of 90 type temps would take place, but this fire alone destroyed that.

    We had hot temps but this smoke is consuming everything.

    I went out and mowed the yard earlier today and got a sore throat breathing all the smoke.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***


  3. #63
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Cedar City, Utah
    Posts
    25,535
    I just went out to smoke a cig and it is dead calm now. Both my truck and wife's car is covered in ash. It is still very warm for us this time of night.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***


  4. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Cedar City, Utah
    Posts
    25,535
    Geez. This smoke is horrible.

    My throat is still sore, my eyes are burning and I can smell it here in my office.

    It stinks.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***


  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    B-more, not less
    Posts
    4,710
    Still a bit muggy out here in Bmore, but its considerably better from a week ago.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    London, UK (not Ukraine)
    Posts
    4,230
    RAAAAAAIN.

    Qu'elle surprise.


    Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

    Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Cedar City, Utah
    Posts
    25,535
    Quote Originally Posted by muse View Post
    RAAAAAAIN.

    Qu'elle surprise.
    Man, we could sure use some rain. After June being so soggy and cool, we haven't had any since.

    But today, we should hit 90 and we can actually see the sky today! The smoke from the fire has drifted west and away from town now. Thank God, because I have been sick to my stomach from all the smoke.

    We are looking at a pretty summer like forecast for the next week which puts a smile on my face. I am SO not ready for fall/winter.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***


  8. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Cedar City, Utah
    Posts
    25,535
    I am so not ready for winter.

    We have a frost warning on for tonight and I see Colorado using the 'snow' word.

    I want year round summer.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***


  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Uncompahgria
    Posts
    4,775
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    I am so not ready for winter.

    We have a frost warning on for tonight and I see Colorado using the 'snow' word.

    I want year round summer.
    Yep. Went to Denver this weekend. Took the US 50/285/Monarch route over and the I-70 route back so I got to see a large, varied swath of mountains and passes, and nearly all of the mountains had fresh snow on their highest reaches. Lots of rain down low and many peaks were obscured by clouds, but when the clouds passed and I could make out the mountain tops you could see the white wakes those clouds left. Pretty chilly here today; and a freeze warning for the valley tonight. No precip forecasted here today/tonight, but if it were it would probably be of the white variety.

    ...and so it begins.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    21,628
    Quote Originally Posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
    Yep. Went to Denver this weekend. Took the US 50/285/Monarch route over and the I-70 route back so I got to see a large, varied swath of mountains and passes, and nearly all of the mountains had fresh snow on their highest reaches. Lots of rain down low and many peaks were obscured by clouds, but when the clouds passed and I could make out the mountain tops you could see the white wakes those clouds left. Pretty chilly here today; and a freeze warning for the valley tonight. No precip forecasted here today/tonight, but if it were it would probably be of the white variety.

    ...and so it begins.
    I wanna live in the mountains so bad.

    Hooray, beer!

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Greeley,CO
    Posts
    7,073
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    I wanna live in the mountains so bad.
    Me too.

    Thanks Blondie for the Sig

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Cedar City, Utah
    Posts
    25,535
    We hit freezing last night and I had to put my jeans on for the first time since around June.

    We are expecting high winds again today pushing the 40 mph mark.

    We are supposed to top out at 70 but I ain't falling for it.

    At least we have a warming trend coming the rest of the week.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***


  13. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    9,624
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    We hit freezing last night and I had to put my jeans on for the first time since around June.

    We are expecting high winds again today pushing the 40 mph mark.

    We are supposed to top out at 70 but I ain't falling for it.

    At least we have a warming trend coming the rest of the week.
    Man you expect high winds over 40 mph?!?? That is crazy!!! Be safe man.
    Last edited by Chillez; 09-22-2009 at 07:46 AM.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    15,425
    Our winds were moderate. The high yesterday was in the mid 70's. Today will be about ten degrees warmer, with highs reaching approximately 90 by Thursday.

    We are having a bit of an "Indian Summer" here in SW Idaho.

    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Cedar City, Utah
    Posts
    25,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillez View Post
    Man you expect high winds over 40 mph?!?? That is crazy!!! Be safe man.
    Yep. Usually they are in the 20-30 range. SW Utah has no escape due to it's geography, canyons and the butterfly that flapped it's wings in Venezuela.

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Our winds were moderate. The high yesterday was in the mid 70's. Today will be about ten degrees warmer, with highs reaching approximately 90 by Thursday.

    We are having a bit of an "Indian Summer" here in SW Idaho.
    I saw even Seattle and Portland are in the 90's.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •