Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncos Bassist View Post
    Oh, I was making a birthday list, not one based in reality. Although, I would be ok with a 3rd plus #12 and moving up to 8 or so to get Brace. The rest could potentially happen if we did that (although several of those DB will probably not be available in the second, either).
    Moving up to 8 in the 1st? to get Brace? WOW i dont know what else to say to that. McD would need to head into the draft on crack and near death to actually think bout pulling that off.

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    Moving up to 8 in the 1st? to get Brace? WOW i dont know what else to say to that. McD would need to head into the draft on crack and near death to actually think bout pulling that off.
    Relax, I'm pretty sure that was just a typo and he meant Raji.

Worst.

Mock.

Ever.

Happy birthday though.
    1. LB Arthur Brown Kansas State
    2. SS Dj Swearinger South Carolina

NFL Draft on NFL.com (Aaron Curry)

This looks like the best draft I have seen yet.

1. Aaron Curry
    2. Brian Cushing

That way we can solidify our LB core and still get some pass rushing ability.

I hope to god this happens

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09...s&confirm=true

i just read that... i would go wild...... if curry falls to 12 and we dont take him we are stupid. normally mocks are never correct... but this is the best one ive seen thus far.
    Canadian broncos fan for life

Ya, a lot of "experts" have been saying that cheifs will take Tyson Jackson w/ the 3rd pick and if that happens, i still don't think Curry falls because a lot of teams pick the best available even if they don't need that position. I could see Orakpo falling and I love Curry but I think Orakpo would be the best player for our Defense.
    [FONT="Fixedsys"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]EKon#12[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by EKon View Post
    Ya, a lot of "experts" have been saying that cheifs will take Tyson Jackson w/ the 3rd pick and if that happens, i still don't think Curry falls because a lot of teams pick the best available even if they don't need that position. I could see Orakpo falling and I love Curry but I think Orakpo would be the best player for our Defense.
    I would be happy with either !

Curry could fall out of top 5 but not top 10

So according to this if the Chiefs take Jackson that pushed Curry down to 12.

I doubt that but that could mean that Orakpo drops to 12.

And I would not be upset if we took him at all.

Go on KC...reach.
    LET 'ER BUCK!!!
    Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

Don Banks Mock Is Horrible

He has us picking Robert Ayers at 12 (He thinks he'll play DE in the 3-4) and at 18 Aaron Maybin....I would be extremely disappointed in this draft.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ck1/index.html

I would be pissed, so so pissed. 2 players that are not ready to make impacted right away is the last thing we need.
    Humm....

Quote Originally Posted by swankattack86 View Post
    I would be pissed, so so pissed. 2 players that are not ready to make impacted right away is the last thing we need.
    Not only that, but neither of them are great fits for the Broncos. Ayers is a prototypical 4-3 DE. People say he can be a rush linebacker in the 3-4, but 9 sacks in 4 years is not too convincing. It cracks me up when people bash Tyson Jackson because he's not an elite pass rusher, yet they support ayers even though Jackson more than doubled his sack total.

Maybin might eventually be a decent 3-4 OLB, but i think he is a better fit playing the Julian Peterson role in the 4-3.

Quote Originally Posted by Den615 View Post
    Not only that, but neither of them are great fits for the Broncos. Ayers is a prototypical 4-3 DE. People say he can be a rush linebacker in the 3-4, but 9 sacks in 4 years is not too convincing. It cracks me up when people bash Tyson Jackson because he's not an elite pass rusher, yet they support ayers even though Jackson more than doubled his sack total.

Maybin might eventually be a decent 3-4 OLB, but i think he is a better fit playing the Julian Peterson role in the 4-3.
    Great point Tyson Jackson 8.5 sacks in 2 years isnt bad heck Ayers only had 7. Still I got to say ild rather have Ziggy Hood with 10 sacks. Heck if you want an elite pass rusher Gilbert had 13.5 that is if you like someone classified as immature
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 04-23-2009 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    Great point Tyson Jackson 8.5 sacks in 2 years isnt bad heck Ayers only had 7. Still I got to say ild rather have Ziggy Hood with 10 sacks. Heck if you want an elite pass rusher Gilbert had 13.5 that is if you like someone classified as immature
    Yeah...lol Jackson had 19.5 sacks in 4 years and ayers had 9 in 4 years

They both had 31.5 TFL's too

Those that think they are overrated pay to much to combine scores or something. All I know is there are quite a few DT/DE tweeners in the draft that could do well. Jackson is a good run stuffer he has some issues turning fast which is the only reason why i dont like him. However, he can free up the NT well. 3-4 DE is not a glory spot they do a lot of work and get little cedit these are guys who tend to make other players look good and stats look deflated. Think of them as the OT of the defense.