Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Richard Quinn??

Quote Originally Posted by deftones2366 View Post
    I think they're putting a lot of eggs in the "Shanahan Drafted Front 7" basket.

Moss = Suck
    Crowder = Suck
    Thomas = Not right for the system
    Dumervil = Not an LB
    Williams = Not a MLB

Who's our starting DE's right now? Presumably its a bulked up Ayers and Thomas, and our NT is who? Oh that's right, nobody.
    Dumervil will likely be one of our most successful conversions if you ask me. Why? Because he's shown that he can play in the NFL, he was projected as a 3-4 OLB coming out of college, and he's a determine player that gives it his all. It amazes me how many are writing Elvis off when his skillset is perfect for a 3-4 rushbacker.

And Williams very much proved he can play MLB. Not exactly sure what the heck you're talking about there.

I also think Thomas will prove to be a serviceable 3-4 DE, but we shall see.

Moss and Crowder do indeed suck.

Quote Originally Posted by deftones2366 View Post
    I think they're putting a lot of eggs in the "Shanahan Drafted Front 7" basket.

Moss = Suck
    Crowder = Suck
    Thomas = Not right for the system
    Dumervil = Not an LB
    Williams = Not a MLB

Who's our starting DE's right now? Presumably its a bulked up Ayers and Thomas, and our NT is who? Oh that's right, nobody.

Moss & DJ were 1st round picks.
    Crowder a 2nd round selection.
    Elvis & Thomas 3rd rounders.

So, how do you know anybody we choose in the 1st-2nd rounds today would prove to be better next year (and beyond)?

I mean, Dallas found an All-Pro NT in the 7th round.

We doo have six picks on Sunday.

Hey, at least we fixed the secondary (free agency & draft). DL is harder (and longer) to fix.... We'll draft some guys on Day-2 and hope for the best;

Not like we have HOF DL guys to teach the kids anyway.... we do have that in Champ & Dawkins. That'll help the development of Smith & Mcbath.

I'm just being the latest nay-sayer. Honestly I think the DL is better than we think, but it does need a bit of help. If they can trade Scheff for a 3rd and then use the 5th to move back into the 3rd from the 4th then it's fine. I'm mostly just bothered by trading up and not getting Maualuga, and then doing it again and not getting Miller or Gilbert. If they want to trade, then fine. Give away next years #5 overall pick. It's just really hard to see the logic going on when we still have Scheff and then we move up to get a TE that nobody's heard of.

And I completely agree that DL is one of the places that you find later round sleepers. Ratliff is a GREAT example, and I like Sammie Lee Hill. Heck, with the way this draft is going, Gilbert or Miller could fall into a range that they could trade back up for.

Yeah who would want to keep shef? he will only have like 65 rec for 800yards and 8-10 TDs. We had to make sure no one stole quinn from us.

Duh, just put in Polumbus in a jumbo set and keep one of the best receiving tight ends and two 3rd round picks.

This is madness...this IS McDOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tron Solo View Post
    Yeah who would want to keep shef? he will only have like 65 rec for 800yards and 8-10 TDs. We had to make sure no one stole quinn from us.

Duh, just put in Polumbus in a jumbo set and keep one of the best receiving tight ends and two 3rd round picks.

This is madness...this IS McDOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
    What in Scheffler's history as a player tells you he would have that kind of production?

I agree

I just like everyone else was very happy to see Shef catch that 45 yard pass down the middle, and then prayed for a little more speed from the big guy, but, it happened all too infrequently because he was out most of the last two years either with injury, or too much of a blocking liability. Additionally I have no idea what sort of chemistry he would have with either Orton or Simms. Remember he worked with Cutler with the second string, the first year before Cutler started, then in the offseason to get timing down. But to go after a one dimensional player when there are players that could have filled the role without giving up anything to get them just doesnt make sense.

Do you think McDaniels would cut Daniel Graham???? He is getting a Huge Contract????

Quote Originally Posted by Grad53 View Post
    I just like everyone else was very happy to see Shef catch that 45 yard pass down the middle, and then prayed for a little more speed from the big guy, but, it happened all too infrequently because he was out most of the last two years either with injury, or too much of a blocking liability. Additionally I have no idea what sort of chemistry he would have with either Orton or Simms. Remember he worked with Cutler with the second string, the first year before Cutler started, then in the offseason to get timing down. But to go after a one dimensional player when there are players that could have filled the role without giving up anything to get them just doesnt make sense.
    Quinn: 8 receptions 97 yards 1 TD.
    We dont know the offensive scheme may be heavy on blocking with little or no threat to TE.

Other possible blocking TE:
    Brandon Pettigrew (gone)
    all others are lower rated TE overall or stricktly receiving TE
    Anthony Hill 19 receptions 234 yards 4 td
    John Phillips (tends to reach and block improperly) 48/385/2
    All others are considered by some to not be worth drafting an will be FA

Not much of a selection