Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

McDaniels getting hammered over draft

At least we aren't the Raiders.

ESPNRADIO analysts are slamming him on the trade of a 1st round pick, for a 2nd round pick. They even said that he may not be here in 2011. Absolutely clowning on McD for just about every move.

Obviously, that was the stupidest trade of all. Even worse than the Raiders pick imo.

That said, we just traded up to take a TE that probably would have been a FA anyway.

Can it get anymore stupid?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by blue diamond View Post
    At least we aren't the Raiders.

ESPNRADIO analysts are slamming him on the trade of a 1st round pick, for a 2nd round pick. They even said that he may not be here in 2011. Absolutely clowning on McD for just about every move.

Obviously, that was the stupidest trade of all. Even worse than the Raiders pick imo.

That said, we just traded up to take a TE that probably would have been a FA anyway.

Can it get anymore stupid?
    Uh no Quinn wasnt a FA he was graded as a 3rd rounder (According to Mayock). Let ESPN slam. I dont understand why everyone is so pissed bout a 1st round pick. Its more money for a guy who will prob just wash out. I love what we have done, and you and all the other espn haters can hate. McD doing his thing to build a successful team.

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    Uh no Quinn wasnt a FA he was graded as a 3rd rounder (According to Mayock). Let ESPN slam. I dont understand why everyone is so pissed bout a 1st round pick. Its more money for a guy who will prob just wash out. I love what we have done, and you and all the other espn haters can hate. McD doing his thing to build a successful team.
    He's the 9th best TE in the draft. Cook was such a better pick. What a joke this guy is.

MCDs has no clue what he is doing.

HE JUST TRADED A TOP 10 pick for the 5th in the 2nd round!

INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

How do you build a sucessful team when the defensive front was the worst in Broncos' history and three first round picks were used without touching much less solving the problem. Don't tell me Ayers. A 273 pound, 18 reps in the bench, five technique DE is not going to fill the bill.
    RIP Cameron

McD doing his thing to build a successful team.
    Really? If trading your first round pick next year and two-third round picks this year for Smith and Quinn is the recipe for building a successfull team, then we are well on our way.

However, I don't think many would agree with you and I certainly don't.

Two first round picks next year could have gotten us Sam Bradford, or another stud QB. We have no replacement for Cutler. None. And at what point does he plan to draft his next Matt Cassel? This guy is a joke, and this draft is a nightmare.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Oh my god... We're turning into Oakland! It's almost like we're trying to out do their normal draft stupidity!
    [COLOR="navy"][B]"I reject your reality and substitute my own"[/B][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="DarkOrange"]- Mythbusters[/COLOR]

[COLOR="navy"][B]"Go America... Go Broncos"[/B][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="darkorange"]- Stan, South Park[/COLOR]

[B][COLOR="Navy"]I cheer for three teams EVERY WEEK! The Broncos and whoever is playing the Raiders and the Patriots.[/COLOR][/B]
    [COLOR="darkorange"]- Me[/COLOR]

[COLOR="navy"][B]God Bless the United States of America! [/B][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    Two first round picks next year could have gotten us Sam Bradford, or another stud QB. We have no replacement for Cutler. None. And at what point does he plan to draft his next Matt Cassel? This guy is a joke, and this draft is a nightmare.
    Forget this teem making a come back there done for alot of years

LOL @ McDaniels

Are you kidding me broncfan? With the way this draft is going I miss mikes drafts atleast his picks dident make us all laugh at them... A BLOCKING TE in the second round are you Fing kidding me right now. Im glad to see you and about ten other 12 year old fans are not laughing about the picks we just made.

Quote Originally Posted by blue diamond View Post
    He's the 9th best TE in the draft. Cook was such a better pick. What a joke this guy is.

MCDs has no clue what he is doing.

HE JUST TRADED A TOP 10 pick for the 5th in the 2nd round!

INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Once again you people don't know what you're talking about.

Quinn i the best blocking TE in this draft and would'nt have lasted till out 3rd pick. He will be worth it and you people will see in the coming years.
    1. LB Arthur Brown Kansas State
    2. SS Dj Swearinger South Carolina

I can't believe all the petulant little babies on this board. And it's not because you disagree with McDaniels, it's because of the sheer drama. Good grief.

Also, I'm watching NFLN right now, and the guys are agreeing that Denver picked good players.

Must read from Post by Klis

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_12228831

It can be argued no team created more drama in Day 1 of the draft. In a matter of hours, the Broncos spooked two teams into trading ahead of them for quarterbacks, stunned most everyone by taking the best-rated running back with their first selection, then sent another shock wave through the early part of the second round by trading one of their first-round picks in 2010 for the right to select cornerback/returner Alphonso Smith with the No. 37 selection.

During free agency, the two positions the Broncos addressed most were running back and defensive back, signing three each. They signed veteran tailbacks Correll Buckhalter, LaMont Jordan and J.J. Arrington to a combined $22.5 million worth of contracts. They signed veteran defensive backs Andrè Goodman, Brian Dawkins and Renaldo Hill to a combined $47.4 million.
    Naturally, the Broncos used three of their top four draft picks on a running back and defensive back. In each case, Moreno and Smith were about players who had the highest grades on the Broncos' draft board.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Endzo View Post
    Once again you people don't know what you're talking about.

Quinn i the best blocking TE in this draft and would'nt have lasted till out 3rd pick. He will be worth it and you people will see in the coming years.
    If you can explain to me how a blocking TE will help us more than adding talent at the DT psoition, it would greatly help to make me feel better about this pick.

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
    SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    Come on, how many 1st round QBs turn out to be good? ask the Titans and Cards how Vince Young and Matt Leinart turned out? They flat out wasted those picks on complete duds! Freeman, Stafford, Sanchez, only 1 of these guys will probably be good while the other 3 will suck. Tebow, McCoy, Bradford, only 1 of these 3 will be any good. Watch we take a QB in the 4th or 5th and he'll be a stud but no one will know anything about him.