1. Steve Atwater
    2. Champ Bailey
    3. Mike Harden
    4. Louis Wright
    5. Dennis Smith
    6. Steve Wilson
    7. Tyrone Braxton

thats a dran good list

I love Atwater and grew up watching him but Champ is the best DB we've had.

Quote Originally Posted by ElwayDrive87 View Post
    Here is My List
    1. Steve Atwater
    2. Champ Bailey
    3. Mike Harden
    4. Louis Wright
    5. Dennis Smith
    6. Steve Wilson
    7. Tyrone Braxton

thats a dran good list
    1. "Bronco" Billy Thompson
    2. Steve Atwater
    3. Louis Wright
    4. Champ
    5. Dennis Smith

Steve Wilson? Where did you pull that name from?

I'd have to go with Atwater. Champ is a great cover corner, but when you have people scared to go over the middle, or actually anywhere on the field, due to this guys presence you know he could hit hard. Not to mention how he played in run defense.

He has the same effect as Bob Sanders does now for the Colts. When he played we were a top 15 defense. When he was out we were not so good.
    Adopted 2010 Bronco: Chris Kuper
    Adopted 2011 Bronco: Brian Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by broncsfan21 View Post
    I'd have to go with Atwater. Champ is a great cover corner, but when you have people scared to go over the middle, or actually anywhere on the field, due to this guys presence you know he could hit hard. Not to mention how he played in run defense.

He has the same effect as Bob Sanders does now for the Colts. When he played we were a top 15 defense. When he was out we were not so good.
    Sorry guys but you don't give credit to what Champ has brought to the table. He is a tackling machine. The dude covers AND tackles. He picks off QBs and is the best open field tackler in the game as a CB. The dude does not miss.

And to compare Atwater to Bob Sander is a travesty. Atwater was a wrecking ball. He was amazing in the middle. But as a pure DB goes, he wasn't Champ.

Champ brings to the table skills that rival Deion Sanders but can bring down anyone. THAT is not a skill appreciated enough for DBs in the NFL anymore.

Champ is by far the best DB we have had. And that is giving Atwater much love.

Definitely... Steve ATWATER
    then... Dennis SMITH, John LYNCH, Champ BAILEY, Tyrone BRAXTON...

Props to Atwater. But Champ is no chump when it comes to laying the wood. Think back to him stripping the ball from LJ last year. The guy hits plenty hard, and Atwater cannot compair to Champs covering ability.
    http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...llisSalute.jpg

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

I love all the broncos. That being said lets not be too big of homers here. Champs gotta be the best. He's one of the best to ever play let alone for the broncos. Atwater, Thompson, Wright, Smith all good but Champs great.

Gotta go Atwater, Smith, Wright, Champ, Thompson, maybe Foley

Quote Originally Posted by ElwayDrive87 View Post
    Here is My List
    1. Steve Atwater
    2. Champ Bailey
    3. Mike Harden
    4. Louis Wright
    5. Dennis Smith
    6. Steve Wilson
    7. Tyrone Braxton

thats a dran good list
    Not really... Where is Stev Foley? Where is Billy THompson?

1. Champ
    2. Louie Wright
    3. Billy Thompson
    4. Dennis Smith
    5. Steve Atwater
    6. Steve Foley
    7. John Lynch
    8. Tyrone Braxton

Is it fair to compare the CB's to SS's/FS's? Atwater is the king of "laying down the law", but Champ's position by nature doesn't allow him to make bone-crunching tackles as often. But he clearly has been the most feared man on our entire defense since his first year here. If we had a Champ during those SB runs, there is no doubt one of those seasons would've been 16-0. I'd have to rank Champ/Atwater tied for #1. Followed by Smith at #2 because he showed Atwater the way. In my Bronco memory he was the hardest hitting SOB till Atwater matured.
    :go:
    #swapping

I think alot of people just dont remember how good L. Wright was!!! I still think champ is just a tad better than he was but its close. champ's tackling and willingness to throw himself in the mix is a rare thing for a corner and sanders certainly never did it!!

billy thompson was a serious playmaker and it was at a time when there just werent alot of TD's being scored by defenses.

1) Champ
    1 b) wright
    3) atwater
    4) dennis smith
    5) thompson

Yeah, but Champ can being the wood too.
    Charter member-Knowshon Moreno fan club-#24

Okay and dawkins isn't on any of these lists whyy...????

Champ is without a doubt the best corner we've ever had, and he has the best ball skills of anyone that we have had back there. However, I think the best DB that I have seen in a Bronco uniform was Atwater. When he was out there he put FEAR in the opponent from a physical standpoint. I think he made the entire defense better, more so than Champ, in my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We need the [B]BOZ[/B] back in Norman!!