View Poll Results: How long have you been a Broncos fan?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 to 5 years

8 5.93%
  • 6 to 10 years

6 4.44%
  • 11 to 15 years

22 16.30%
  • 16 to 20 years

20 14.81%
  • 21 to 25 years

23 17.04%
  • 26 to 30 years

20 14.81%
  • 31 to 35 years

20 14.81%
  • 36 to 40 years

6 4.44%
  • 41+ years

4 2.96%
  • Im a fan of another franchise

6 4.44%
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Why are you a Broncos fan?

There is a lot of heavy discussions going on in the forums lately, so I thought it would be fun to remember why we are Broncos fans in the first place.

Please share with your fellow posters what lead you to be a Broncos fan. What there a player or a play, a family thing?

If you a fan of a lesser.....oops, different franchise, is there anything about the Broncos history and tradition that appeals to you?

So, have fun going down memory lane!

I adopt andrewmlb.

I was 15, I played powder puff in school,always loved football. I lived in Seattle and the Seadogs sucked. I went to a Seahawk - Denver game and saw Elway for the first time. I was hooked. Been a fan ever since, cried when they won the SB and cried when he retired. Now I am looking for more excitement!!!!

So, Im going to get this started with my Broncos fandom story. As many of your know, I am a life long East Coaster. I did not growing up in a football family. The one football fan was one of the best influences in life, my uncle.

We had many great times together. He never subscribed to the hometown team theory. We lived in Virginia and he was a Patriots fan. My grandparents house had an entertaiment area in the basement with a large (well for the time) TV, a bar for the adults, couchs, etc. Me and my uncle would often watch games together down there.

One day, watching a Broncos game, my fandom began. My 8 year old self saw Karl Mecklenburg DESTROY an offensive lineman. It was the coolest thing I had ever seen. And I was hooked. From that day, I was a Broncs fan. I eventually idolized Elway for his leadership skills and rocket arm. I saw many SB loses and rejoiced in the SB wins. And now, 26 years later, Im still a fan.

Sadly, I lost my uncle to MS when I was 15. He never got the chance to see NE win their SBs. But I will root for them (anytime they arent playing the Broncos) for him. And I am eternally grateful that he encouraged me to decide what team I wanted to root for and not just go hometown. Without that, I would not have had the wonderful years of following this amazing franchise we call The Broncos.
    Last edited by McSmashie; 06-01-2009 at 05:26 PM.

I adopt andrewmlb.

For me it started in 1987 and famous "the drive" game against the Browns. I was a kid of thirteen growing up in El Paso, TX and I hated the Cowboys but was starting to really like football. I always liked underdogs and well, the Broncos were underdogs during those years, but Elway always kept them alive. It began then and continues still today.

Quote Originally Posted by broncobruj View Post
    For me it started in 1987 and famous "the drive" game against the Browns. I was a kid of thirteen growing up in El Paso, TX and I hated the Cowboys but was starting to really like football. I always liked underdogs and well, the Broncos were underdogs during those years, but Elway always kept them alive. It began then and continues still today.
    Yes the DRIVE awesome!!!!!!!!!!! I still remember the game I saw in 86' against Seattle, did it for me.

For me its a family thing. My uncles, dad and brother are all fans. So with that I've been a life long broncos fan. Atwater has always been my favorite. Watching him blow up people was the best. When he hit okoye and dropped in his tracks was the best. Yeah I guess you can say its a family thing. I even have a cousin named Denver.

:salute!:

Quote Originally Posted by elecshoc View Post
    For me its a family thing. My uncles, dad and brother are all fans. So with that I've been a life long broncos fan. Atwater has always been my favorite. Watching him blow up people was the best. When he hit okoye and dropped in his tracks was the best. Yeah I guess you can say its a family thing. I even have a cousin named Denver.

:salute!:
    Thats awesome. It is the one thing that I have always missed about my Broncos experience, the ability to share that fandom with others.

Ive pretty much been the only Bronco fan wherever I am.

I adopt andrewmlb.

I'm only 20 and I've been a fan since I was about 7 when my Grandma converted me. Plus it was easy to fall in love with the broncos then with Elway and TD leading the way. Awesome teams, I wish I was a little older so I would have truly enjoyed it, but it was still fun to watch them nonetheless.

It was 1974 and my older brother was watching a denver game. There was this running back they had named Otis Armstong. I liked how he ran. Plus we live in Colorado and I liked our team. That year he was at a burger king sighning autographs and I got to meet him. To a 10 year old, thay was a big thing. Then there was the defence. Had to fall in love with that back then. From then on I was always a Bronco fan.:go:

My Mom an Eagle fan

My Dad a Giant Fan

I came out a Bronco fan.

It was a family reunion thing, get together.

There was a game between the Broncos and Raiders (I think they were in LA at the time, not too sure, it was about 18 years ago. (damn time goes by fast.)

I was originally rooting for the raiders because my cousin was a Raider fan. Then he spit in my hot dog. Out of spite of the spit I rooted for the Broncos. And Just kept on rooting for them there after.

My aunt and uncle live in Denver and send me things for my birthday and Christmas all the time.

Best thing they sent me was a Ed McCaffrey Jersey Sweater.

I was born and raised in Kansas. My grandparents lived in Denver and going to visit them was always the best vacation ever. I remember when I was eight I got a broncos uniform for Christmas while visiting them, from that day on its been die hard all the way.

Living in Ks makes it even better. Especially the super bowl years. I was in high school. Imagine going to school with literally hundreds of chiefs fans and we go back to back baby!!

good times, good times...

Quote Originally Posted by CosmoKramer View Post
    I was born and raised in Kansas. My grandparents lived in Denver and going to visit them was always the best vacation ever. I remember when I was eight I got a broncos uniform for Christmas while visiting them, from that day on its been die hard all the way.

Living in Ks makes it even better. Especially the super bowl years. I was in high school. Imagine going to school with literally hundreds of chiefs fans and we go back to back baby!!

good times, good times...
    I understand where you are coming from. I was living in Georgia when we beat the Falcons in the SB. Good times..... :go:

I adopt andrewmlb.

I've been a Broncos fan since the early 70's. My biological dad was a Cowboys fan but after he died and my mom remarried i've been rooting for the Broncos ever since!!!!

:go:

I am a fan of another franchise and have been so for 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I am a fan of another franchise and have been so for 15 years.
    I think you are lying.....

I adopt andrewmlb.