Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Ayers is making big strides because got to play for Elvis Dumervil because Dumervil was excused from practice?????

Wow, well I guess congratulations to Robert Ayers

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

Quote Originally Posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
    If Ayers is taking Dumervil's spot, who is the other starting OLB as of right now?
    The first team linebackers right now are Elvis Dumervil and Jarvis Moss on the outside with D.J. Williams and Andra Davis on the inside.

But things change quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGunz View Post
    The first team linebackers right now are Elvis Dumervil and Jarvis Moss on the outside with D.J. Williams and Andra Davis on the inside.

I'm pretty sure it's Reid at the other outside spot....????

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGunz View Post

It's Reid, not Moss working with the starters

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

Quote Originally Posted by getlynched47 View Post
    Ayers is making big strides because got to play for Elvis Dumervil because Dumervil was excused from practice?????

Wow, well I guess congratulations to Robert Ayers
    The news here is that he is essentially playing #2 already and not lost in the crowd as legendary pointed out.

For those who did not see it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVJYQ99Ufe4

Robert Ayers performing during the Senior Bowl (practices + game)
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

I really hate pessimistic, annoying people on message boards..what did you guys expect from him? he's a rookie and he's already making strides like this..he's already limiting the rookie mistakes you expect from such a young player..that's a very encouraging thing to hear..what news was going to "wow" you instead?..

that's a sign of talent and work ethic..

Quote Originally Posted by HarlemHeat View Post
    I really hate pessimistic, annoying people on message boards..what did you guys expect from him? he's a rookie and he's already making strides like this..he's already limiting the rookie mistakes you expect from such a young player..that's a very encouraging thing to hear..what news was going to "wow" you instead?..

that's a sign of talent and work ethic..
    I think some people expect the worst that way they cant be disappointed. Not how I chose to go about things, but such is life I guess.

I adopt andrewmlb.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post

Nice find! Thank you!

I adopt andrewmlb.

Wow he looks good would like to see him varey his moves abit more i saw the bull rush which he is great at and the spin which he is good but could work on the speed of the spin to throw the guys off more. But overall looks like we get a ture pass rusher at last

Quote Originally Posted by 15thebeast View Post
    Wow he looks good would like to see him varey his moves abit more i saw the bull rush which he is great at and the spin which he is good but could work on the speed of the spin to throw the guys off more. But overall looks like we get a ture pass rusher at last
    From other video I've seen of Ayers, he's great at sealing the edge and holding up against blockers to stop the run, too. I don't know how the senior bowl went, but that video concentrated entirely on pass rush, but I think he's a pretty complete player. I'm hoping he continues to develop those pass rush moves and gets stronger to help stack blockers.

Here, this video has some stuff in it. Especially the plays at about 3:35, 4:10, 5:08, and especially 5:40. There were some other good run stops, but a lot of those were busted blocking assignments that he just exploited.

I don't read much into who plays where with which unit at this point in the off-season, but it is good that he's getting reps. That will get him more familiarity and experience with the playbook. I can't wait until camp! :salute!:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I'm not because I thought he played pretty well when given the opportunity last year. He is also an amazing athlete. His forty time was 4.39, and I believe his vertical is around 39 inches. If both he and Smith play well this year it might mean the end of the Champ Bailey show in Denver in 10'.
    Slow down there. Lets not talk, crazy talk.

People really need to stop reading so much into this what team they are playing on in practice. This isn't training camp so they are going to be playing all over the place so the coachs can get a better feel for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I'm not because I thought he played pretty well when given the opportunity last year. He is also an amazing athlete. His forty time was 4.39, and I believe his vertical is around 39 inches. If both he and Smith play well this year it might mean the end of the Champ Bailey show in Denver in 10'.
    Jack Williams played well during preseason, but showed nothing in the regular season. He did not make 1 play and even lost his spot to Josh Bell, who is nothing spetacular.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Thanks,

He's pretty exciting, it will be good to see him grow.

He's a lot bigger that i thought