• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Letdamansmoke
    Practice Squad
    • Mar 2008

Still no justice for #27

Just came across this and thought I'd share with the group. My bad if somebody beat me to it.

"The murder trial of Willie Clark, accused in the New Year's Day 2007 murder of Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams, has been pushed back three months.

Clark's trial was to have begun July 6. He is charged with 39 counts related to the death of Williams, who was riding in a limousine early on Jan. 1, 2007, when a white SUV pulled up next to it and opened fire. Williams, hit in the neck, died almost immediately.

Clark, 26, was one of four people in the SUV. he is accused of firing the fatal shots.

Denver District Judge Christine Habas granted a continuance and rescheduled the two-week trial to begin on Oct. 13."

Its been almost 3 years and still no justice. How could they grant this piece of sh#! a continuance. Hope they give him life. I'm sorry, but I can't pull any punches in regards to Mr. Willie Clark.

I hope Knowshon represents the hell outta that number.
    Last edited by Letdamansmoke; 06-04-2009, 04:04 PM. Reason: forgot something
  • broncojuan
    Gunslinger
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Letdamansmoke View Post
    Just came across this and thought I'd share with the group. My bad if somebody beat me to it.

"The murder trial of Willie Clark, accused in the New Year's Day 2007 murder of Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams, has been pushed back three months.

Clark's trial was to have begun July 6. He is charged with 39 counts related to the death of Williams, who was riding in a limousine early on Jan. 1, 2007, when a white SUV pulled up next to it and opened fire. Williams, hit in the neck, died almost immediately.

Clark, 26, was one of four people in the SUV. he is accused of firing the fatal shots.

Denver District Judge Christine Habas granted a continuance and rescheduled the two-week trial to begin on Oct. 13."

Its been almost 3 years and still no justice. How could they grant this piece of sh#! a continuance. Hope they give him life. I'm sorry, but I can't pull any punches in regards to Mr. Willie Clark.

I hope Knowshon represents the hell outta that number.
    Innocent until proven guilty brutha. This is still the U.S.A.
    Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

• oldster
      Practice Squad
      • Dec 2008

I'll be curious to see what comes out of that trial, what instigated the shooting etc.

Comment

• dizzolve
        Orange Rush
        • Mar 2009

Standard procedure... from the most trivial of crimes to the worst..... they all get pushed back.
        The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Tarquin
          Banned User
          • May 2009

Originally posted by oldster View Post
          I'll be curious to see what comes out of that trial, what instigated the shooting etc.
          You probably won't see anything. It'll be plea bargained most likely. When and if they get around to actually having the trial.

Comment

• 80stheman
            Hall of Famer
            • Oct 2007

Most high profile trials get delayed... It'll happen and he'll get his due.
            sigpic

Comment

• Tarquin
              Banned User
              • May 2009

Originally posted by 80stheman View Post
              Most high profile trials get delayed... It'll happen and he'll get his due.
              It's almost always in the defendant's best interests to delay a trial. They'll draw it out as long as they can. Witnesses die or move away. Evidence gets lost, memories fade and so on.

Besides, the court system is incredibly backed up right now. There aren't enough lawyers to go around and there's no money to pay them even if there were.

It's going to be a while. Then again, I don't think he's going anywhere.

Comment

• 80stheman
                Hall of Famer
                • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Tarquin View Post
                It's almost always in the defendant's best interests to delay a trial. They'll draw it out as long as they can. Witnesses die or move away. Evidence gets lost, memories fade and so on.

Besides, the court system is incredibly backed up right now. There aren't enough lawyers to go around and there's no money to pay them even if there were.

It's going to be a while. Then again, I don't think he's going anywhere.
                No, I don't think he is. I don't know all the details, but don't they have a letter in which he supposedly confessed to the shooting? I just hope their case is pretty solid and he doesn't get off on some technicality.
                sigpic

Comment

• cadencesdad
                  Starter
                  • Dec 2004

As mentioned earlier, it's pretty standard. Did it say who asked for the continuance?

Many times the prosecuting attorney is the one who asks for a continuance, to "get his ducks in a row".

Comment

Working...
                  X