Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Denver

88 69.29%
  • Chicago

39 30.71%
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nea View Post
    I cant believe some are hoping and wishing for the guy to get hurt, seems classless to me.

Who want's anyone to get hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by #28 View Post
    I hope Cutler freaking shreds the pathetic Bronco defense, and points at McDaniels after every touchdown.

And I hope Brian Urlacher blasts Kyle Orton a couple times. "Thanks for keeping the bench warm while Rex took us to the Super Bowl, dork"

Its weird, hating the team you've cheered for your entire life.
    What's even worse is hating them so much that you can't resist loggin on, reading about them and commenting on line. Spending that much time on something you hate........

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan2415 View Post
    Ill be comn out for this game. I'll be boooooing Cutler! Might even burn his jersey inside the stadium.:go:
    What you think is what usually soccer hooligans here in Europe do... And that's not a pretty nice thing to do.

I wouldn't boo Cutler, nor I would care how he plays. If I were to go to the game, I would cheer for the Broncos, and that's all. I wouldn't try to be like a hooligan with a player that once I loved or at least cared for because he was a Bronco.

I'm not wishing harm on anyone. This is there life/job. I would never wish that on a player. However, I would not cheer him and maybe boo him. I did not like how he acted over the off-season situation and he is the opposing QB.

Cannot Wait!!

I can't wait for this, my favorite QB vs. my favorite team on my birthday!!! Woo~hoo! It's gonna be a good game :go:

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    The starters are scheduled to play 3 quarters for this particular game.

That's the word on the street at least.
    If that's game 3 then, yea they will play 3 games.

Quote Originally Posted by nea View Post
    I cant believe some are hoping and wishing for the guy to get hurt, seems classless to me.
    You said it dead on. I have never been so disgusted by a thread in my life.
    Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Broncbeat View Post
    I'm not wishing harm on anyone. This is there life/job. I would never wish that on a player. However, I would not cheer him and maybe boo him. I did not like how he acted over the off-season situation and he is the opposing QB.
    oh, I'll for sure rooting against Cutler.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
    I have the distinct feeling that Jay Cutler will not be receiving a very warm welcome in your stadium in front of a national audience. NBC got lucky or outbid everyone else to carry it.
    NBC got hecka lucky. The televised preseason games schedule came out before the trade happened.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    http://predominantlyorange.com/2009/...-game-crucial/

I have never been excited about Broncos pre-season games in years past. Honestly, it is somewhat redundant to watch unless you are rooting for a player that is fighting for a roster spot. But, when I looked at the upcoming schedule for the Broncos I could not help but laugh…Sunday August 30…Chicago Bears @ Denver Broncos? You couldn’t make this stuff up. How many people will be glued to this pre-season game? It should be one of the most anticipated meaningless games of all-time.

I know that both teams will say that winning the game proves nothing. However, fans from both teams will be looking for validation. Bragging rights, water-cooler insight, and the “I told you so’s” will soon follow from fans of the winner. I am curious to see how Cutler handles the media leading up to the game and how Mile High fans will respond to him on the field. I can’t imagine how bad the comments on Broncos threads will be if Cutler comes back to town and beats his nemesis…Coach McDaniels.

It is just a pre-season game…it is just a pre-season game…it is just a pre-season game. I keep telling myself that but, I can’t help think that this is an early statement game for both sides involved, especially for a young coach and a young quarterback. While it is an exhibition game, it should still be very exciting to watch.

CanDB's comments:

This is just a preseason game....but it will have a lot of hype, there will be a buzz in the air, and it will get most everyone pumped.....just prior to the season start. In the end, there will be some expected things, some unexpected things, and most likely we will all walk away thinking that nothing critical happened one way or the other. However, if more than one of our "traded" guys has a good game, and Jay does not bring his A game, well..............I may just be a little more cocky than usual for a few days afterward!!!

Great Thread partner! I for one think it is more than just a pre season game for the fact that every year teams always have their starters in for 3 quarters in the 3rd pre season game unless it is a blowout b4 the half.

I agree with you! I think this could be a game that boosts the morale of this team and it's starters and I expect some of the players to remember some things that the young gun might have said in the locker room and got away with it b/c he was on the team. And lets not forget who stole the Thunder from Brian Dawkins the day he was aquired!!!!!

I am hoping to be at that game so I can watch and hope Cutler crumbles and maybe even has to pick himself up off the ground a few times or wouldn't it even be nice to see a Int returned for a TD!!! OH MAN THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!!!!! (and is very possible):go::go:

Quote Originally Posted by owninit View Post
    Who want's anyone to get hurt?
    Someone said on the following page they would pay to see him get hurt.

Thumbs down Sack Orton, Yeah Right

Quote Originally Posted by #28 View Post
    I hope Cutler freaking shreds the pathetic Bronco defense, and points at McDaniels after every touchdown.

And I hope Brian Urlacher blasts Kyle Orton a couple times. "Thanks for keeping the bench warm while Rex took us to the Super Bowl, dork"

Its weird, hating the team you've cheered for your entire life.
    If Urlacher is able to sack Orton with the offensive line he has at Denver it will be an aberation. Uralcher has had 11 sacks since 05 (that year because that is when Orton first started). That is an average of 2.2, although 5 came in 07 and 6 in 05, he had NONE in 08 or 06. This was part of the Bears troubles, not being able to get to the qb with any consistecy.
    Unfortunately (for the Bears anyway) Urlacher has not played particularly well the last few years. In 05 he had 121 tackles (97 solo, 24 assists) and 6 sacks. In 06 he had a bump to 141 tackles (92 solo, 49 assista) but 0 sacks. In 07 he had 123 tackles (92 solo, 31 assists) and 5 sacks. Last year he had his worst season since 04. He had 93 tackles (79 solo and 14 assists) and 0 sacks.
    It amazes me how Bears fans (I am assuming this guy is although it's hard to tell sometimes with some of the McDaniels haters) hate on Orton. He did very well given the limited amount of help he had on offense and the inconsistent defense he had last year.
    Also the Bears LOST that SB, in case you forgot.:devil:

Come on Dawkins, give us a nice 1st round pick.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosRockdaRockies View Post
    Great Thread partner! I for one think it is more than just a pre season game for the fact that every year teams always have their starters in for 3 quarters in the 3rd pre season game unless it is a blowout b4 the half.

I agree with you! I think this could be a game that boosts the morale of this team and it's starters and I expect some of the players to remember some things that the young gun might have said in the locker room and got away with it b/c he was on the team. And lets not forget who stole the Thunder from Brian Dawkins the day he was aquired!!!!!

I am hoping to be at that game so I can watch and hope Cutler crumbles and maybe even has to pick himself up off the ground a few times or wouldn't it even be nice to see a Int returned for a TD!!! OH MAN THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!!!!! (and is very possible):go::go:
    It's okay to want to see Jay on his butt a few times.....or maybe an interception or two.....or three!!!!

Hurt? No way.....Never....... (just his feelings...)

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    It's okay to want to see Jay on his butt a few times.....or maybe an interception or two.....or three!!!!

Hurt? No way.....Never....... (just his feelings...)

How about a game where no one gets hurt, Cutler does well, as do all the Broncos players and we win? That's my standard expectation from any game where we are playing an ex-Bronco.
    Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.