Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JAT View Post
    No way in hell would McDaniels send Marshall to Chicago.
    Mcdaniels has no clue what he is doing as a general manager, so of course he would trade him to chicago. He figures if he never played for the patriots, he must not be that good.
    Plus all he does i think is run to his Madden game and puts the trade in to see if it will work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by broncobuss View Post
    Mcdaniels has no clue what he is doing as a general manager, so of course he would trade him to chicago. He figures if he never played for the patriots, he must not be that good.
    Plus all he does i think is run to his Madden game and puts the trade in to see if it will work.
    Woohoo, you're a smart one.
    1. LB Arthur Brown Kansas State
    2. SS Dj Swearinger South Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Endzo View Post
    Woohoo, you're a smart one.
    smarter than mcdummy...but thats not saying much. and if you think that trading away a guy like cutler, and trading away a 1st round pick for a 2nd round pick straight up is smart, then I feel for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i'm still not sure Marshall will be traded,as he is a risk,the Broncos probably wouldn't get top value for him,so i think he'll either sit or play unhappy in denver.
    I really like Cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Swerski View Post
    I can't envision any scenario in which Lovie would part with Tommie Harris. Unless they still have concerns over his knee. The Tampa 2 though that Lovie runs requires three Pro Bowl players are the following position: Defensive Tackle, Weakside Linebacker, and Safety. Harris when healthy is the Bears Warren Sapp. What defensive system do the Bills run? Does Harris even fit the scheme?
    Tommie Harris might or might not be broken down. I honestly don't know. But, the guy's no Warren Sapp. Maybe he's a Warren Sapp wannabe, but he couldn't hold Warren Sapp's jock.

Seriously, Tommie Harris averages 35.2 tackles a season and 4.9 sacks a season.

Warren Sapp playing in the Tampa 2 averaged 44.2 tackles and 8.5 sacks a season. Without his first year stats, he averaged 46.5 tackles a season and 9.25 sacks a season. That first year hurt him a bit. The 2nd average is more representative of how dominant Sapp was.

Warren Sapp was dominant for years. Tommie Harris is one of the most overrated players I have seen in quite some time. But...he had 8 sacks once.

Nevermind that he has 3 to 5 sacks every other year. Sorry, but that's not Warren Sapp-like at all. The only thing those guys have in common is the system they play in.

smarter than mcdummy...but thats not saying much. and if you think that trading away a guy like cutler, and trading away a 1st round pick for a 2nd round pick straight up is smart, then I feel for you.
    Considering Cutler is 0-6 in playoff deciding games with a lousy 4TD/7INT ratio and a measley QB rating of roughly around 70.0, I'm thinking you're obviously not seeing the entire picture about his situation. Let's also not forget the fact that Cutler's glass gine emotionally had probably helped contribute to his lousy win loss record after high school.

This is a guy, surrounded by a plethora of NFL talent at Vanderbuilt, including a franchise type LT, a second round WR talent, and many defensive players that have eitgher been drafted or made an NFL roster(roughly 7), and he couldn';t even beat Navy, or MTSU.

Some guys just have a knack for winning, and some guys just have a knack for losing.

That's good because he's not our GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    That's good because he's not our GM.

dont kid yourself, hes the GM, xanders wont do anything with out his blessing or he will get fired..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    Considering Cutler is 0-6 in playoff deciding games with a lousy 4TD/7INT ratio and a measley QB rating of roughly around 70.0, I'm thinking you're obviously not seeing the entire picture about his situation. Let's also not forget the fact that Cutler's glass gine emotionally had probably helped contribute to his lousy win loss record after high school.

This is a guy, surrounded by a plethora of NFL talent at Vanderbuilt, including a franchise type LT, a second round WR talent, and many defensive players that have eitgher been drafted or made an NFL roster(roughly 7), and he couldn';t even beat Navy, or MTSU.

Some guys just have a knack for winning, and some guys just have a knack for losing.
    If you cant see what a talent Cutler is then you have no clue, spout off all the stats that you want about this or that but the guy was in his 2nd year starting and was taring it up. you may not agree with me on mcdaniels, but you cant argue the talent of cutler, hes proven it so far on the feild.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you cant see what a talent Cutler is then you have no clue, spout off all the stats that you want about this or that but the guy was in his 2nd year starting and was taring it up. you may not agree with me on mcdaniels, but you cant argue the talent of cutler, hes proven it so far on the feild.
    Carson Palmer is a talent who's proven. So is Drew Brees. So was Mike Vick. So is Donovan McNabb. Cutler's talented also. He also has flaws in his game that prevent him from being at the level of a Tom Brady or Peyton or Manning.

He's simply another talent that needs an all around team to compete. Just like Palmer, Brees, and McNabb.

There's a plethora of like talent, along with system guys that can also shine in the NFL right now.

Cutler's talent hardly places him in the untouchable above the franchise tier like Brady, Manning, or even Marino, and certainly not Elway. He certainly isn't above the organiztion, like he thought. Ship his emotionally glass gina out, and get a gu that can compete in big games. Something Cutler couldn't do once.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    Carson Palmer is a talent who's proven. So is Drew Brees. So was Mike Vick. So is Donovan McNabb. Cutler's talented also. He also has flaws in his game that prevent him from being at the level of a Tom Brady or Peyton or Manning.

He's simply another talent that needs an all around team to compete. Just like Palmer, Brees, and McNabb.

There's a plethora of like talent, along with system guys that can also shine in the NFL right now.

Cutler's talent hardly places him in the untouchable above the franchise tier like Brady, Manning, or even Marino, and certainly not Elway. He certainly isn't above the organiztion, like he thought. Ship his emotionally glass gina out, and get a gu that can compete in big games. Something Cutler couldn't do once.
    Actually Jay's level of play through his first 3 seasons is on par with all of the Elite QB's past and present. Also in the modern era, only Montana and Marino have thrown more tds then ints every year of their career, as has Jay Cutler. Not Favre, not Elway, not Young, not Simms, not Kelly, not Rivers, not Manning, not even Brady.

Is he at the level of those HOF guys now? No.

Does he have the ability to have to be as great as they were? Yes

dont kid yourself, hes the GM, xanders wont do anything with out his blessing or he will get fired..
    Oh right and you know this how? Shanny had overwhelming power and we've obviously strayed away from that with Xanders and McDaniels. Unless you're really Pat B. in disguise, there's no way you can know this. You're just trying to act like you know to cover up your ignorant jab at McD.

Quote Originally Posted by ursamajor View Post
    Actually Jay's level of play through his first 3 seasons is on par with all of the Elite QB's past and present. Also in the modern era, only Montana and Marino have thrown more tds then ints every year of their career, as has Jay Cutler. Not Favre, not Elway, not Young, not Simms, not Kelly, not Rivers, not Manning, not even Brady.

I'd rather have clutch wins over stats. Cutler is 0-4 in games that could have gotten us to the playoffs.

Elway, Favre, Marino, Montana, Garcia, etc. all sneeze at that. They came through when the team needed them.

And dude, Jason Campbell, Tony Romo, and McNabb have all thrown more TD's than INT's every year of the career....

OMG HOF FOR JASON CAMBPELL

P.S. Montana had more INT's than TD's in 1986, and Marino had more INT's than TD's in 1999
    Last edited by Hoserman117; 07-07-2009 at 11:42 PM.

I'd rather have clutch wins over stats. Cutler is 0-4 in games that could have gotten us to the playoffs.

Elway, Favre, Marino, Montana, Garcia, etc. all sneeze at that. They came through when the team needed them.

And dude, Jason Campbell, Tony Romo, and McNabb have all thrown more TD's than INT's every year of the career....

P.S. Montana had more INT's than TD's in 1986, and Marino had more INT's than TD's in 1999
    Garcia? I have never considered him elite.

Marino has never won a SB. I have seen Montana lose the the NFC Championship, and playoff games. I have seen Elway lose Playoff games and Super Bowls. I have seen Young struggle to get on the field in the first 3 years of his career.

I have seen Manning struggle to win in the post season all the way up until he won his 1st Super Bowl. And he carried a stigma of not being able to win the big one the whole time.

You cannot fairly say that just because Cutler hasn't been to the post season in his 1st 3 seasons, he will never win a Super Bowl.

I never said or even hinted that what Cutler has done to this point made him deserving of the HOF. Infact my exact words were