Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Broncos QB lineup ranked #32!!

They hit this on the nose, unfortunately. Too bad McD will just be here long enough to kill the franchise, lose games and get fired...and prove yet again what works in New England should stay in New England. I could be wrong, maybe we'll be as good as the Jets when it's all said and done this year.

Link: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...s:-QB-packages

Here's the quote:
    Well, Josh McDaniels, you'd better be right about Kyle Orton. Denver fans will not react well if Orton fails to lead Denver to the postseason, and especially if the Broncos' ex Jay Cutler gets to play deep into January. While Orton is 21-12 as an NFL starter and nearly pushed Chicago to the playoffs a year ago, he lacks the elite skillset of a Cutler. Some around Denver wonder if Orton will even beat out Chris Simms for the starting job. For reference, Simms' last starting experience came in 2006 in Tampa, where he went 0-3 with 1 TD and 7 INTs ... and somewhere, Broncos fans moan.
    John and TD should get their own wing in Canton.

Quote Originally Posted by since1977 View Post
    They hit this on the nose, unfortunately. Too bad McD will just be here long enough to kill the franchise, lose games and get fired...and prove yet again what works in New England should stay in New England. I could be wrong, maybe we'll be as good as the Jets when it's all said and done this year.

Here's the quote:
    Well, Josh McDaniels, you'd better be right about Kyle Orton. Denver fans will not react well if Orton fails to lead Denver to the postseason, and especially if the Broncos' ex Jay Cutler gets to play deep into January. While Orton is 21-12 as an NFL starter and nearly pushed Chicago to the playoffs a year ago, he lacks the elite skillset of a Cutler. Some around Denver wonder if Orton will even beat out Chris Simms for the starting job. For reference, Simms' last starting experience came in 2006 in Tampa, where he went 0-3 with 1 TD and 7 INTs ... and somewhere, Broncos fans moan.
    Bull Crap. This is just media sensationalizing one aspect of our off-season. You're telling me that if we didn't make this trade, then the Bears would be #32 on that list? No way in hell.
    Eat Greedy!

We Eat With Both Hands, Elbows on the Table, Big Steaks!

What's odd about this article is that almost every ranking is correct(although Romo and Delhomme are overrated), except yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Madness View Post
    Bull Crap. This is just media sensationalizing one aspect of our off-season. You're telling me that if we didn't make this trade, then the Bears would be #32 on that list? No way in hell.

Here's the quote:
    This is a huge crock of poo with nothing, but speculation backing any of it up. You are foolish if you are buying into this nonsense.

I'm not saying we are top ranked by any means, but #32 out of 32? ridiculous.
    Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Madness View Post
    They'd be close. If you'd listened to the criticism of the Bears it was clearly the QB position. Grossman and Orton and ?. I honestly think it would be near the bottom. Personally, I think we should have gotten both in the deal.

Also, it factors in every QB on the lineup and Chris Simms...hasn't played in a year and looks like a little kid.

I like it! Rank this whole team #32 out of #32 for all I care since it means NOTHING!!!!.

The broncos are totally under the radar this season. Its time to shock the world! :orton:

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post

The broncos are totally under the radar this season. Its time to shock the world! :orton:
    Most 8-8 teams are "under the radar" when they trade a Pro-Bowl QB for a box of pop tarts and a 2nd rounder. "Lose" their Pro-Bowl WR and those were the only parts of the team working.

Under the Radar is us!

thats a ridiculous ranking for orton/simms

Yea, keep bashing the Broncos! Rank us at #42 if possible, put some NCAA teams ahead! Worst offseason ever, worst draft ever, worst QB ever! When the season starts, we will unleash the beasts!
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Anyways, as discussed before, who cares. The Broncos are a running team again.

Not surprised. It seems as if the media is just hoping and praying that the Broncos fail.

I'm still mad at Josh McDaniels and don't like him, but I want us to win games. If he wins games then all will be forgiven by me. But as of right now, he traded away one of my favorite players and optimism is hard to come by.

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

Wow. That is ridiculous. I picked out about half of the teams that our line-up is better than. This list is definitely based on offseason trades and pickups, and not solely on QB lineups.

I'd say our QB lineup is better than:
    Bills
    Texans
    Ravens
    Rams
    Redskins
    Browns
    Lions
    Jets
    Bucs
    Raiders
    Vikings
    49ers

But, that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Anyways, as discussed before, who cares. The Broncos are a running team again.
    As of yet...that's speculation, too. I hope we can run the ball, but I don't blame Cutler for not having RBs last year.

Well, Josh McDaniels, you'd better be right about Kyle Orton. Denver fans will not react well if Orton fails to lead Denver to the postseason, and especially if the Broncos' ex Jay Cutler gets to play deep into January. While Orton is 21-12 as an NFL starter and nearly pushed Chicago to the playoffs a year ago, he lacks the elite skillset of a Cutler. .
    Laughable. Cutler couldn't lead Denver to the playoffs in his 3 years here, and now all of a sudden Kyle Orton is supposed to come in under new regume with changing philosophies and do something Jay Cutler couldn't even do? How ignorant can you be?

I also love the last line jab at Orton. "Who cares about playoffs when you can get a QB with a great skillset".

Wow what a load of garbage...if I were to make this list it'd look something like this

#1 saints
    #2 Steelers
    #3 patriots
    #4 Cardinals
    #5 colts
    #6 Bengals
    #7 packers
    #8 Jaguars (garrard will be back this year mark my words)
    #9 Cowboys
    #10 Panthers
    #11 Chargers (I hate ranking phyllis this high but I can't argue he deserves it)
    #12 Eagles
    #13 Falcons
    #14 Dolphins
    #15 Ravens
    #16 Giants
    #17 texans
    #18 Chiefs (maybe too high I admit)
    #19 Broncos
    #20 Bears
    #21 Seahawks
    #22 redskins
    #23 Browns
    #24 Vikings
    #25 Jets
    #28 Buccaneers (I bet leftwich ends up the starter and if so you can move them up to about 18th)
    #29 49ers
    #30 lions
    #31 Rams
    #32 Raiders (seriously russel is and will always be junk. Their only hope of moving up is if Garcia ends up starter even then it'll only be to around #27)

Granted I'm ONLY taking into consideration the starters for the most part where the article supposedly accounts for the backups as well but that's flawed becuase who actually knows how a backup will perform until it happens.