View Poll Results: Will Brandon Marshall play for the Denver Broncos in 09?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

27 26.73%
  • Yes

79 78.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 15 of 102 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ursamajor View Post
    So given the choice between a happy Cutler on your roster, or a happy Marshall, you would choose a happy Marshall?
    Definetely a happy Cutler. They both have emotional glass gina's so there isn't a positive either way. Consdierng McDaniels exposed Cutler's fraud character and thankfully shipped him out, let's focus on Marshall.

So given the choice between a happy Cutler on your roster, or a happy Marshall, you would choose a happy Marshall?
    In a word, yes. We can get by with a average QB in this system we can't get by with average qb and wr's , yes we will still have royal but I don't see him being a #1 option and some of his value goes down without a strong #1 to take some of the pressure off of him. A good WR is one of the most important things to a qb after a good line, which is something the bears will be quick to find out this year.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    Definetely a happy Cutler. They both have emotional glass gina's so there isn't a positive either way. Consdierng McDaniels exposed Cutler's fraud character and thankfully shipped him out, let's focus on Marshall.
    McDaniels exposed himself more than he exposed cutler.

Quote Originally Posted by da-bear-man View Post
    LOL Sure he did. How about try following along with the actual story next time.

Quote Originally Posted by darth-hideous View Post
    "In Vino Veritas"
    LOL!!!
    http://www.fightingmaster.com/masters/brucelee/photos/face3.jpg
    I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Why would you even care?
    Are you mad we traded Cutler?

Sounds like the majority here would like to see him gone.
    Im not sure that tells that whole story.

I think most folks want to see him get his act together and become a dominate character person off the field like he is a dominate receiver on the field.

IF he straights up his legal issues....

IF he makes it out of this trial with no jailtime....

IF he isnt suspended by Goodell....

IF he stops with all the incidents with women....

IF he controls his drinking....

IF he keeps his mouth shut....

IF he puts all his effort on the field....

....then yeh, most people here want him.

The question is, does he do these things?

Brandon doesnt make good decisions. And if he is going to be a detriment to the team, then, yeh, I personally feel it would be time for him to go.

Really, it is up to Brandon. We are all defined by the choices we make.

He makes bad ones. Lets see him makes good ones.

I adopt andrewmlb.

I dont know what articles you have been reading, but I dont think McDaniels nor Cutler are flashers....

I adopt andrewmlb.

lolz he was drunk

Happy Cutler over a Happy Marshall.

Unhappy Marshall over an Unhappy Cutler.

I adopt andrewmlb.

Cutler has a gifted arm, but a 'glass gina'. He's a dead end and I'm glad we shipped him off. I don't think Marshall has a 'glass gina', his problems all stem from a succubus(demon woman sent to destroy men). Until he permanently drops that dingle-berry(clinging turd), he'll continue to have legal and emotion troubles that will end his career - the ultimate goal of a succubus.

That said; His talents are wasted with girly-arm Orton under center. He'll only see a lot of emergency jump-balls and a few bubble screens. His ability to get separation in man is irrelevant when DBs can stay back and wait for the pass to get there. This season, our RBs and TEs will be the bread-and-butter of the passing game. Unless we have a QB with a decent arm like Simms, we have no reason to pay or keep or good WRs. Marshall(and Royal, Stokley, etc) has no reason to waste his time in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    Brandon has been a malcontent for some time now!

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...05/detail.html
    Can't blame him. He was probably drunk

What! So Cutler has a "fraud" character

... and Marshall, the guy who has ad multiple run ins with the Law, is quoted as saying "I hate Denver", wont see Denvers doctors and is holding out.... doesnt have a "fraud" character?

Interesting.

what is "fraud character"?

I'm amazed at how this off season has unfolded.

That said, get rid of Marshall now if a suitable trade scenario materializes. He's not past his troubles. A person doesn't make a turn around of their life in the space of a year or two. He was in trouble again in Hawaii at the pro bowl arguing with his NEW girlfried JUST A FEW MONTHS AGO! Sorry Brandon, you take advantage of the feelings of a lot of good fans that want to believe in you, however your actions speak louder than your words do.

How does a guy have a .116 on the breathalizer, and get charged with "driving while ability impared", instead of "DUI" like anybody else would have gotten? These pro athletes feel themselves to be above others and answer to a different call. That's not right. Look at Kenyon Martin speeding down 1st Ave in Cherry Creek a few years ago doing OVER a hundred miles per hour (in a 35 mph zone, and not even the first offense) in his 800 hp. Bentley and nothing ever came of it. If I had done that, they would have thrown me under the bus for real. It was in 5280 magazine about a year ago, an article about Nuggets players and how they get treated special and differently. Carmelo Anthony gets pulled over for driving erratically (drunk perhaps?), and the Denver Police kept his expensive Mercedes in the police parking lot for him over night. Your car and mine would have been in the impound yard under the same circumstances and we'd have gone directly to jail. Carmelo gets a ride home from the DPD. Justice should be even handed.

So in Marshall's case, I'm tired of him, but more tired of these prima donna pro athletes that think they can do anything they want and get away with it. If anybody else had the string of charges that Marshall has had over the past 3 or 4 years, he would be in jail. No question. So Marshall leads a privileged life and still can't get it right. I say get rid of the guy if we can. His talent is not being questioned. It's his ability to stay out of trouble and make GOOD decisions, combined with all that is happening currently that tells me he's a bad risk for the team no matter how talented he may be.

As well, there is a precedent being established here with a new head coach and FO. Marshall won't be the last player to have contract issues come up. Everybody is watching how this turns out, FOR THEIR OWN KNOWLEDGE when their time comes up. If Marshall gets away with holding a gun to the Broncos head to get the contract he wants so badly, others might try it down the road. This is an important matter to deal with in more ways than one.