View Poll Results: Will Brandon Marshall play for the Denver Broncos in 09?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

27 26.73%
  • Yes

79 78.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 25 of 102 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
    an

-
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

Or he could have said "whatta idiot"

Something tells me that Brandon Marshall isn't a "Parcell's guy"

Sig by Peerless

Thumbs up Let us not forget

Where DJ went to college and where Porter went to college so I really do not think aether one will hate going back home to where they played. I do not think it would be a bad trade,I like the Idea of a 1 and 2 in the mix

First and foremost this story HAS NO CREDITBILITY! Brandon Marshall makes more money than anyone on this board so who are you to tell him how to spend his money? You guys try to bash him for having 3 homes, and you don't even know how much these homes costs! The home market is crap! He could have easily bought all these homes for 600k! I live in california and you can find a very nice house for 150k right now! It's pretty stupid to bash a guy's finances when 1. you dont come near to making what he does and 2. you have no facts to go off! You guys will be very sorry if marshall leaves or gets traded. Lets see how happy denver fans will be in the middle of the season and they are 1-7 or 2-6. Then the cry will be "man we need some playmakers on our team". Alot of the josh supporters will say "who cares he's a distraction" "jay cutler is a baby" well guess what none of that matters! all that matters is that you WIN and you don't win the NFL with Grade C players i don't care how well you get along in the locker room.

Brandon Marshall deserves a new contract! There is 33 broncos that make more money than he does!!!! Can you list 33 broncos more important than brandon marshall? Can you list 5 wr's his age better than him? The broncos had jay cutler and brandon marshall for nearly pennies!!!!!! A Pro-bowl wr, already a star and proven talent only making 400,000 a year? That's a joke and the denver organization only shows how cowardly they have become. The number one asset to a business owner is his employees and I have a feeling Bowlin is going to be regretting these decisions his stupid new coach has made. Arrogance is running around all over denver. They have destroyed this team and we will be left with misery!

The broncos are using excuses not to pay Marshall which is cowardly! the guy has proven himself on the filed and is one of the lowest payed guys on the team. It's like a corporation continuing to post increasing profit quarter after quarter while sending a memo to it's employees saying the economy is bad we wont be giving raises or bonuses until the economy gets better.
    Last edited by jetrazor74; 07-06-2009 at 08:34 PM.

1. This post should be in the same thread as the post you had mentioned as it clearly is about the same topic. This actually takes away from the board.

2. The other post is a story that was not created by anyone here. Thus, it's more of a sign as to how low PFT has sunk rather than how low the board has sunk.

3. Holding out is not going to help the fact that he'll be broke because he'll be punished monitarily for everything he doesn't attend and more than likely it will only hurt the amount of money long term he will make. He can both negotiate and participate in practices.

4. I'm not sure how much he actually deserves a new contract. His play is above his contract but his actions do take away from that. Not much use paying a guy a bunch of money to sit in jail and on the sidelines from suspensions.

5. If he is broke I think it opens up criticizm as to how he spent his money. He had a bunch of it and it is now gone. If the reports are true then he should have done other things with his money...
    Understand that I am a Bears fan but also that I have followed Orton's career. His ability to improve himself makes him a very easy guy to cheer for. I am here because I will continue to cheer for Orton unless his success interferes with the success of the Bears.

Quote Originally Posted by psychobear View Post
    1. This post should be in the same thread as the post you had mentioned as it clearly is about the same topic. This actually takes away from the board.

2. The other post is a story that was not created by anyone here. Thus, it's more of a sign as to how low PFT has sunk rather than how low the board has sunk.

3. Holding out is not going to help the fact that he'll be broke because he'll be punished monitarily for everything he doesn't attend and more than likely it will only hurt the amount of money long term he will make. He can both negotiate and participate in practices.

4. I'm not sure how much he actually deserves a new contract. His play is above his contract but his actions do take away from that. Not much use paying a guy a bunch of money to sit in jail and on the sidelines from suspensions.

5. If he is broke I think it opens up criticizm as to how he spent his money. He had a bunch of it and it is now gone. If the reports are true then he should have done other things with his money...
    True dat...couldn't have said it better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by rog1289 View Post

First and foremost this story HAS NO CREDITBILITY! Brandon Marshall makes more money than anyone on this board so who are you to tell him how to spend his money? You guys try to bash him for having 3 homes, and you don't even know how much these homes costs! The home market is crap! He could have easily bought all these homes for 600k! I live in california and you can find a very nice house for 150k right now! It's pretty stupid to bash a guy's finances when 1. you dont come near to making what he does and
    He makes more money, he spends more money, he very well could be going broke. And you called others "ignorant"? LOL Take a look in the mirror.

2. you have no facts to go off! You guys will be very sorry if marshall leaves or gets traded. Lets see how happy denver fans will be in the middle of the season and they are 1-7 or 2-6. Then the cry will be "man we need some playmakers on our team". Alot of the josh supporters will say "who cares he's a distraction" "jay cutler is a baby" well guess what none of that matters! all that matters is that you WIN and you don't win the NFL with Grade C players i don't care how well you get along in the locker room.
    Marshall, and Cutler haven't even made the playoffs yet in their careers. People can be angry about having a bad season and who we don't havew anymore, but it's not like we were dominating and making the playoffs with who we did have. We're talking about Cutler and Marshall her, not Elway and Rod Smith.

.Brandon Marshall deserves a new contract! There is 33 broncos that make more money than he does!!!! Can you list 33 broncos more important than brandon marshall? Can you list 5 wr's his age better than him? The broncos had jay cutler and brandon marshall for nearly pennies!!!!!! A Pro-bowl wr, already a star and proven talent only making 400,000 a year? That's a joke and the denver organization only shows how cowardly they have become. The number one asset to a business owner is his employees and I have a feeling Bowlin is going to be regretting these decisions his stupid new coach has made. Arrogance is running around all over denver. They have destroyed this team and we will be left with misery!
    Brandon Marshall wants a big contract. You wanna a big contract, play out your existing one and earn it. You're failing to understand the concept of that. You're also failing to understand the concept of him being one incident away from a big time susepension. Stop being so ignorant and calling out the Bronco organization.

I also love how you're calling out Bowlen and his decisions on a new coach. Perhaps you haven't been a fan of Denver long enough to understand that the organization was stagnant and not building at all off a 10 year cycle. 3 failed seasons without playoffs. He!!, Oakland has more division titles than Denver in the 2000's. So does KC. Think about it.

.The broncos are using excuses not to pay Marshall which is cowardly! the guy has proven himself and one of the lowest payed guys on the team. It's like a corporation continuing to post increasing profit quarter after quarter while sending a memo to it's employers saying the economy is bad we wont be giving raises or bonuses until the economy gets better.
    Man your ignorance just shows more and more. The Broncos have told Marshall exactly what they expect of him for him to get that new contract. Have a solid season, and more importantly, stay out of the legal spotlight.

It isn't that hard to figure out really.

....unless you have been shot in the butt in that town

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    I don't need to know how much ne spends. It's irrelevant. It's still possible foe him to go broke. AIn't that hard to figure out genius.
    Agreed.

Considering Cutler has single handily helped contribute to that by throwing int's for TD's and turning the ball over on Denver's side of the field, you fail yet again. Congratulations.
    This is where I lost you. So you mean Cutlers INTs hurt the team more than the 29th ranked defense did? So the defense had nothing to do with Cutler having to throw more and in turn having to force more balls into tight coverage. Huh? Good one. Your team had a horrible defense. Another poster pointed this out to me. Cutler has had to overcome a defense that allows 30 points in 16 games. Yes, in 16 games, the Defense has allowed 30 points or more, how is that Cutlers fault?

Do you understand the concept of his legal woes, his position of a zero tolerance? He would have got his contract if he would have stayed out of trouble. You would have understood that if you've been following the story from the beginning. Oops on your part huh.....
    Yeah, thats the thing about Marshall. If he didn't have all those legal troubles, he'd probably be sleeping on a bed of money right now.

Right, because we were already well on our way the last 3 years, when our record hasn't improved at all. Great argument of failure on your part yet again!!
    The defense was the reason you guys didnt win. Hell you guys allowed 52 points in the last game last year when you had a chance to win the division. In the last 3 games when you guys could have secured the division, your defense allowed 112 points.

Norwalk, CT., by way of Broncos Nation, USA

Will Brandon Marshall play for the Denver Broncos in 09?

I think he will. Even though our dumb front office continues to do their best at making this franchise fall from greatness when the pieces were there already and now they are fielding calls for B-Marsh's trade...Are you F'In kidding me?
    Last edited by 203KillinSpree; 07-04-2009 at 03:35 PM.

"Made by White Dragon - 8/26/10"
    Great Job & thanks, WD!

Tim Tebow club member 15

"He had a better career than [Hall of Famer Gale] Sayers did, but he is not held in the same regard. Is that fair to Davis?"--Dan Patrick, ESPN

A great shot is when you pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. --Phil Mickelson, 2010 Masters champion

If he wants to get paid in 2010 he would have to.

Yes. We have no reason to trade him and if it's true that he's broke he can't afford to lose money every game he misses. He'll eventually come to camp, have a good year, and finally get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanders76 View Post
    Miami receives:
    Brandon Marshall (WR)
    DJ Williams (LB)

Broncos receive:
    Joey Porter (LB)
    Greg Camarillo (WR)
    2nd rounder in 2010
    1st rounder in 2011

I think that Miami would lose out in this trade. It isn't totally lopsided as some suggest, but it would be in our favor. I works towars us winning now while preparing for the future.

Although DJ (assumidly) is playing WILB and Porter plays LOLB the values are simular considering age and skill level. The problem is that LOLB is a more valuable position to our team than WILB. Keeping that in mind it is important to weigh the value of a proven passrushing OLB to a team stacked with ILBs.

No matter what potential he may have, DJ is a project in the 3-4. While I believe that he will be successful, there is no way he will be as good as Porter is right now. I'm not personally a fan of Porters, but the guy is a beast and can step in and play at the same level without a drop off.

Porter had 17.5 sacks last season with NO help. He was the only passrusher on the entire roster. He went 9 games in a row last season with atleast 1/2 sack. Not to mention, he is already familiar with the 3-4 (mind you a different type). He has been successful at every place he has gone. He will play for at least more 4 years with 2+ at his current level.

There is no way DJ can come in and match the production of Porter. So for the next 2+ years we will have no questions at that position. DJ is younger, but Porter has to be the choice if you want to win now. The 2011 1st round pick is in exchange for the eventual loss of Porter. It would give the opportunity to find a replacement in exchange for DJ's youth.

Camarillo is a solid #2, but would be a #4 because of our depth. He has been on a poor team for a while. Last year was the first time he had a decent QB to toss the rock to him. Many would be happier if Ginn Jr. was in the deal instaed, but I disagree. Ginn has underperformed immensely. Although he is the #1 reciever, Ginn only has 2 more catches (56 v. 54) with many more targets. I'm not gonna say Camarillo is a stud, but he is better than he is being portrayed. The 2010 second rounder is the right price for Marshall. They just throw in a WR to keep the roster up and move on from this whole ordeal.
    That's a convincing analysis of this, so far, hypothetical trade. E I O U A, cp, that is.

Comparing the productivity of an ILB to an OLB is like apples and oranges. The former gets credit more for total tackles, while the latter is expected to produce sacks. The Broncos don't currently have a Porter-type while they might have an adequate replacement for DJ Williams already on the roster. We haven't seen DJ play ILB in a 50/3-4 D. He might be a pro-bowler at that spot, who knows?

If Brandon Marshall is becoming too big a distraction in the lockerroom, maybe it's time to trade him away. As someone else pointed out, he doesn't seem like Parcells' kind of guy, but maybe the homecoming aspect for Porter, Williams and Marshall, too, is being figured into the alleged equation. However, it would be nice to get him out of the conference as with Cutler.

As far as Camarillo is concerned, he would replace a WR spot for TC and have a shot at the roster. McDaniels has seen plenty of him in his previous division games. Evaluating his chances at the roster would be easy for the new Broncos coaching staff.

Time will tell. Ultimately that deal gives four players for two which tilts in the Denver direction of this ? trade.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by DenverSpark View Post
    I've already prepared myself for the worst, and that is getting Marshall traded.

But D.J. Williams too?? You're kidding right? I very highly doubt a trade would go through with Williams being in it. McDaniels isn't that stupid. Plus, as stated before, this is on gamefaqs.

TBH, I still think we keep Marshall.
    although i find this post to be not likely to say the least, would it really surprise anyone?

My sources tell me were trading Bdawk and Champ for DHall. http://forums.denverbroncos.com/imag.../th_cheeky.gif