View Poll Results: Will Brandon Marshall play for the Denver Broncos in 09?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

27 26.73%
  • Yes

79 78.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 26 of 102 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast

If ...

... you had a choice of "don't know", that's the one for which I would have voted.

I really have no idea in part because so many situations about Brandon Marshall have been presented that I find it confusing.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Yes, he will. It will be like another Chad Johnson, request a trade, but won't get it, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Props to Peerless^
    [B][SIZE="2"]Officially Supporting the Brown and Gold vertical socks. 2009.[/SIZE][/B]
    [SIZE="2"][B]Official Kyle Orton Army Solidier #17.[/B][/SIZE]
    [B][SIZE="2"]Official Knowshon Moreno Fan Club #57[/SIZE][/B]
    [B][SIZE="2"]Pro-McDaniels[/SIZE][/B]

Finally!

A public poll :salute!:

Sig by Peerless

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs > You View Post

This is where I lost you. So you mean Cutlers INTs hurt the team more than the 29th ranked defense did? So the defense had nothing to do with Cutler having to throw more and in turn having to force more balls into tight coverage. Huh? Good one. Your team had a horrible defense. Another poster pointed this out to me. Cutler has had to overcome a defense that allows 30 points in 16 games. Yes, in 16 games, the Defense has allowed 30 points or more, how is that Cutlers fault?
    Look at the Miami game for example. Cutler throws an INT that's returned for a TD, and 2 others on Denver's side of the field, in which the defense came out, holds for a 3 and out, and Miami kicks the FG. Cutler single handily gave miami 13 points. He doesn't, and Denver wins that game.

Cutler's good, I know this. I also know our defense was horrendous. But our defense played well enough for Denver to win against Miami, KC, Jax, and even Buff. The offense didn't.

Nobody's saying Cutler isn't good, but let's not sit here and pretend he's the only QB to have a terrible defense. Not many other QB's are given one of the best WR/TE core in the NFL, a running game that allows almost any RB to work, and arguably the best oline in the NFL.

I also love how people allude to terrible defense, and overlooking the fact that Cutler is 0-6 in playoff deciding games, with a 4TD/7INt ratio, but I guess that's somehow because of the defense?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs > You View Post
    The defense was the reason you guys didnt win. Hell you guys allowed 52 points in the last game last year when you had a chance to win the division. In the last 3 games when you guys could have secured the division, your defense allowed 112 points.
    Yea I know that. The idea is a changing mentality throughout the organization. We need a QB that's going to show up in big games. Cutler had 6 oppurtunities to at least show up and play well, and didn't. That is not the defenses fault. His knack for pointing out the defensive woes, and ignoring his own failures(specifically in the last 3 games) shows he struggles mightily in the lewadership department. He also has inconsistency problems, in which alot of the games he plays terrible, continues to leave the defense in bad spots(like Miami), and doesn't play throughout the flow of the game.

He isn't Denver's first young talent at the QB position, and he certainly won't be their last. Denver needs a defense. If trading Cutler for basically Robert Ayers and Alphonso Smith pan out and rebuilds our defense, it will be a great trade for Denver. Considering systems rule in the NFl now, finding a QB (like Cassel) to play in a system with a defense is NOT that far fetched to think about.

If this story is made up, atleast the originator put some thought into it. DJ has always been on the cusp of being a great player, but Joey Porter has proven to be a great player and he would give instant credibility to our pass rush.

I will go so far as to say that with Joey Porter our defense would be something to be feared; we would have a good pass rush with a secondary that can pick off passes.

I would take that trade in a heart beat......

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Id rather have DJ for 10 years than Jporter for 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by Bioengineer View Post
    Id rather have DJ for 10 years than Jporter for 2 years
    I thought of that, but like Sampernell pointed out, it looks like DJ is a little more replaceable than a talent like Joey Porter.

What a crock of crap this thread is.

D.J has played in different positions for the team, he's never held out, he's never been in trouble...

..if we trade Deej, I'll boycott the season. Joey Porter can kiss my ass.

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    D.J has played in different positions for the team, he's never held out, he's never been in trouble...

..if we trade Deej, I'll boycott the season. Joey Porter can kiss my ass.
    Well, I wasn't really looking at that aspect of it. We would be trading one knucklehead (Brandon) for another (Porter).....

[QUOTE=Zanders76;2802619][B]There is no way DJ can come in and match the production of Porter. So for the next 2+ years we will have no questions at that position. DJ is younger, but Porter has to be the choice if you want to win now.
    QUOTE]
    i am not sure McDaniels wants to win right now. but nice post. just think D.J much better option than Porter.
    [LEFT][/LEFT] [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER] [RIGHT][/RIGHT]

I stop reading after I saw D.J.... and if we do trade Marshall and D.J...... well lets say it will appear even more that i am not a bronco fan

Would McD even want a player like Porter that constantly talks trash both on and off the field? I wouldn't think Porter fits into McD's "character" players scheme.
    2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

camarillo was a big reason miami went 1-15 instead of 0-16 in 07, and he did good last year

but isn't he still injured?

i thought he got hurt pretty badly last season

Quote Originally Posted by BroncsSB#3 View Post
    Would McD even want a player like Porter that constantly talks trash both on and off the field? I wouldn't think Porter fits into McD's "character" players scheme.
    Good question-

They put up with Wilfork's flapping gums in NE.