Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Considering he was only the 2nd best CB on the roster last year, that is pretty generous he was rated #4 in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by 22cannon View Post
    Considering he was only the 2nd best CB on the roster last year, that is pretty generous he was rated #4 in the league.
    2nd CB behind who, Josh Bell?

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    2nd CB behind who, Josh Bell?
    Well, maybe 3rd then, because Dre Bly was the best CB they had last year by far. Champ was hurt and not playing and clearly was'nt the athlete we had seen in previous years.

If you remember LJ outrunning Champ through the secondary, you will remember Bly coming across the field and make the tackle when Champ was chasing him for 20 yards.

I'm not bad mouthing Champs abilities as a CB or as an athlete, but if you think he was among the elite CB's last year, you missed last season

It's amazing how Champ could have fallen from the #1 spot by doing nothing.
    Three other players vaulted ahead of him because he was injured?

It's amazing.

-----

age and injuries are mysterious like that, sad that many CBs careers don't last into their 30's.

age and injuries are mysterious like that, sad that many CBs careers don't last into their 30's.
    I have no idea whether or not Champ is #1. I have no idea because I haven't
    seen it proven on the field. I've seen too many cases where people have
    assumed something of a player because of chronological age or injury, only to
    be categorically proven wrong (see John Lynch).

I want to see it on the field. Then I will draw a conclusion, not before . . .

-----
    Last edited by topscribe; 07-04-2009 at 04:20 PM.

Well, maybe 3rd then, because Dre Bly was the best CB they had last year by far. Champ was hurt and not playing and clearly was'nt the athlete we had seen in previous years.

If you remember LJ outrunning Champ through the secondary, you will remember Bly coming across the field and make the tackle when Champ was chasing him for 20 yards.

I'm not bad mouthing Champs abilities as a CB or as an athlete, but if you think he was among the elite CB's last year, you missed last season
    Kind of shows how bad we were at the CB position then, because Dre Bly was not very good throughout the course of the year last year. When Bell was established, I thought he was clearly better than Dre Bly.

Sorry bro, but it was actually Champ that ran LJ down from behind on that play. Champ came from out of nowhere to make that play. I remember it very well.

There were two linebackers on the roster last year that had faster 40 times in training camp than Bly (DJ and Woodyard).

Champ is still very fast.......

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Champ at #4... You cant argue with any of the players that are above him. They are all younger, faster , and yes better. Champ isnt the player that he was in 06. He is definatly still dominate, but his days as the top CB in the league are over. Champ will do his thing this year but he is on the wrong side of 30, is always nursing injuries, and has lost a step or two.
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pride

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Sorry bro, but it was actually Champ that ran LJ down from behind on that play. Champ came from out of nowhere to make that play. I remember it very well.

There were two linebackers on the roster last year that had faster 40 times in training camp than Bly (DJ and Woodyard).

Champ is still very fast.......
    Well, at his prime, he once ran a 4.19. So if he has lost a "step," what would
    that make him? A 4.4? Besides, Champ himself said he felt he was still very fast.

It's amazing that some people have him with one foot in the nursing home. How
    does anybody know how good he is? He wasn't healthy last year. It's amazing
    how people make up their own minds without any form of evidence. I guess
    it's unreasonable to say let's wait and see first, isn't it?

P.S. Good on you for bringing out the correct information regarding the play
    involving L.J.

-----

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Well, at his prime, he once ran a 4.19. So if he has lost a "step," what would
    that make him? A 4.4? Besides, Champ himself said he felt he was still very fast.

It's amazing that some people have him with one foot in the nursing home. How
    does anybody know how good he is? He wasn't healthy last year. It's amazing
    how people make up their own minds without any form of evidence. I guess
    it's unreasonable to say let's wait and see first, isn't it?

P.S. Good on you for bringing out the correct information regarding the play
    involving L.J.

-----
    I think you're spot on with his forty time. I believe he ran a 4.41 at the beginning of training camp last year.

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

After Champ was toasted by Vincent Jackson and Antonio Gates, it is hard to imagine he still has great speed. But he is still a great run stopper.
    Last edited by -Rod-; 07-04-2009 at 05:46 PM.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    After Champ was toasted by Vincent Jackson and Antonio Gates, it is hard to imagine he still has great speed. But he is still a great run stopper.
    It's hard to have great speed when one is playing hurt and that hurt is to one's
    wheels. I saw that happen, and I realized at the time what the deal was. One
    does not go from 4.3 to the speed of a LB in the course of a year.

-----
    Last edited by topscribe; 07-04-2009 at 05:57 PM.

you guys are so stupid... Gates and Jackson got him because he had a CAST!!! on his elbow with TORN LIGAMENTS from the previous series?? n it ain't like those 2 are slouches either... and yeahh it was him chasing down LT cuz you can see it in the photos from week 17...ONE bad year because he was injured..and when he was healthy....WHAT HAPPENED to Randy Moss??!?!?! u guys are SO unappreciative of #24 and how much of an impact he has when he's healthy...guarentee next year he'll be right back at #1 if we get a good pass rush...do you remember in the Jags game when the announcer showed the stat of him only having 9 passes thrown his way all year 0 TD's 1 completion for 9 yds and an INT....HOW CAN YOU SAY he's still not the best that was week 6 I believe...it's just amazin' how fast you guys throw the best player we've had the last couple years in the trash...Clady is right there with champ and I'd say Royal is too...but Champ's Champ...