Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gaffney lining up as starter

Gazette - Jabar Gaffney has been lining up opposite Eddie Royal on Denver's first-team offense in workouts.

Gaffney, who came over with coach Josh McDaniels from the Patriots, is benefiting from the absence of wide receiver Brandon Marshall.

He signed a four-year, $10 million with the Broncos.
    Not sure what to think of this...Your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalTheNewRod View Post
    The Broncos are preparing for Marshall's departure.

Doesn't sound like Marshall is in their future plans, but then again SOMEBODY has to line up as a starter when Marshall isn't there. It can;t just be nobody lining up there and having 1 WR. Maybe some people are looking too much into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'N Chronic View Post
    Doesn't sound like Marshall is in their future plans, but then again SOMEBODY has to line up as a starter when Marshall isn't there. It can;t just be nobody lining up there and having 1 WR. Maybe some people are looking too much into it.
    exactly ...someone's gotta be there...it just means Gaffney is doing well..

the only thing I HATE...is does Marshall realize how far behind he's gonna be in the playbook!??...I mean unless he really doesn't plan on playin' which is crazy...he's gonna really have to play catch up!...

Well... don't they have to have someone there? It's not like they will run practice with just 10 players on the field.

Nothing surprising here. Marsh isn't there, the new guys are too new, Gaffney is experienced and knows the McD system and process, and that's about it.

I believe he will be a solid asset for us, probably catching about 40-45 passes, unless he gets more play time as a result of Marshall being inactive.

It's all good.....

probably no big deal, isn't marshall still injured/not at camp?

I always thought Gaffney was a good WR for the Patriots, making great catches. He might play a big role for us in 2009.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

So what are they suppose to do...have no one take Marshalls spot, and leave the Number 1 receiver empty.
    :devil::wave::shake:

Hmmm Jabar Gaffney is "lining up" at wide receiver when the Broncos haven't even had an OTA in about a month? But even during those OTA's of course they had to have a second WR and he knows the playbook so it would make sense. PFT ran a story about this yesterday or the day before trying to drum up reaction that it isn't Brandon Stokely in there, but seriously even Stokely himself has said he's much better and more comfortable playing slot.

I think we must be in the heart of the NFL dead season because newspapers, websites and even talking heads are bringing up the most random things to try and blow them up into big stories in order for them to have something to talk about.

Thankfully we're only 20 days away from the opening of training camp!

Better Gaffney at #2 than Stokley in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'N Chronic View Post
    I kind of agree with you on this. Would love to BMarsh around, but its not looking to promising.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Props to Peerless for the sig.... In McD I TRUST!

They've got to put somebody in there.

What, are they supposed to keep the spot vacant until Marshall returns?

-----

I like the signing of Gaff.

He's a very good receiver with good route running abilites. He's kind of been hidden when he was with NE, due to the likes of Welker and Moss.

But he has put up some SOLID stats the past two years.

He knows the system, and he's a Josh McDaniels type of guy.

Like someone else said it's not like we can just line up without a #1 someone has to do it....

This is just non-news, it's someone trying to make a story out of nothing because they have nothing else to report on.