Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Broncos Rated Worst in NFL for QB Package

"Well, Josh McDaniels, you'd better be right about Kyle Orton. Denver fans will not react well if Orton fails to lead Denver to the postseason, and especially if the Broncos' ex Jay Cutler gets to play deep into January. While Orton is 21-12 as an NFL starter and nearly pushed Chicago to the playoffs a year ago, he lacks the elite skillset of a Cutler. Some around Denver wonder if Orton will even beat out Chris Simms for the starting job. For reference, Simms' last starting experience came in 2006 in Tampa, where he went 0-3 with 1 TD and 7 INTs ... and somewhere, Broncos fans moan."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...s:-QB-packages

Wow, I won't even sleep tonight... I wish we had Tarvaris Jackson... No, no, Alex Smith... Maybe JaMarcus Russell?
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Old news pick something new

What a terribly argument for 'reason'.

Somehow we fail next year if Orton doesn't lead us to the playoffs, yet at the same time we haven't sniffed the playoffs for 3 years now, and we're left over with the god forsaken defense Mike "the mastermind" Shanahan left us and a new system on offense?

Laughable.

I don't like losing Cutler's arm, but his crying and pouting like a baby on the sidelines I could do without. Run the ball and play D is the way to go. Chicago got desperate imo as GB and Minn are gonna challenge them.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Wow, I won't even sleep tonight... I wish we had Tarvaris Jackson... No, no, Alex Smith... Maybe JaMarcus Russell?
    I also love how the writer claims QB "package", and then proceeds to rate the Patriots and Colts at 7 and 8, who unarguably have the worst backup QB's in the entire NFL.

Great logic for reason there.

Is Jeff George the Colts back up?

Lol.

No worries you know we have no where to go but up.
    The Bronco fan pledge;
    I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
    I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
    I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
    I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
    Bronco's Country.

***Adopt a Bronco is Chris Harris, Jr.***

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    I also love how the writer claims QB "package", and then proceeds to rate the Patriots and Colts at 7 and 8, who unarguably have the worst backup QB's in the entire NFL.

Great logic for reason there.
    Exactly, and then why rank the Bears so high? If Cutler goes down your #2 man is Caleb Hanie from the powerhouse, NFL ready, QB machine CSU Rams?

Quote Originally Posted by 100%Broncoholic View Post
    Is Jeff George the Colts back up?

Lol.

No worries you know we have no where to go but up.
    It's actually my home boy ex-UW QB JimBO Sorgi!

But #32 eh?

At least we can improve!

Another gem from this writer, "Ramsey is backup fodder, though he is tough and will compete". Tough as in throws 1 freaking pass and goes on IR?

You know all of this talk is like the classic line from Dumb and Dumber

When Lauren Holly's character says you have 1000000 to one chance opf landing me then Harry says" so your saying there's a chance"

No non sense let's play football. Yeah I knew Sorgi but I had to throw George out there for old times sake.

Not like we can talk about ryan leaf backing anyone up...
    The Bronco fan pledge;
    I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
    Bronco's Country.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Don't knock Russel. He went to the Raiders aka the talent sucker squad. I believe he has potential. The Redskins and Vikings at the same time should be at the bottom. And Yes the Bears are too high. If Cutler goes down I'll be afraid to watch any games

Wasn't there this weird story whereby a backup QB who had not started in years got the reigns of the NE Pats machine and made the playoffs? Was this just a rumor? Also, didn't Orton put up big numbers at Purdue, similar to Brees?

I have doubts about Russell because:

1. He was drafted at 260 pounds. Now he might be around 280 and it was once reported he reached 300 LOL

2. He went through a long holdout as a rookie, hurting his development

3. He just went AWOL (absent without leave) on the last day of minicamp

Look at this notes on Rotoworld:

http://rotoworld.com/content/playern...er_position=QB

JaMarcus Russell's work ethic continues to be called into question, according to the National Football Post's Michael Lombardi.
    Russell scored surface points with his plans to host an extra minicamp for his receivers, but that good impression didn't last long. Russell reportedly went AWOL on the last day of the team's minicamp after urging teammates to step up their efforts and finish out the OTAs on a positive note.
    According to beat writer Jerry McDonald, JaMarcus Russell's passing performance at Wednesday's OTA was "awful."
    Coach Tom Cable blamed Russell's woeful accuracy on the "newness of the passing game," which will incorporate more vertical plays. One would expect Russell to flourish in that system because of his big arm, but he threw multiple interceptions and nearly had one picked in the red zone. And this is non-contact work. It's not been a promising offseason for Russell so far.
    One of JaMarcus Russell's former coaches told SI.com that he believes the Raiders' assistant turnover has "set him back a year."
    Oakland has a new QBs coach, new pass game coordinator, and WRs and TEs coaches who've never been lead position coaches. Perhaps this helps explain Russell's poor spring, but all the negative reports since he entered the league have done nothing to help him shed the emerging bust label.
    JaMarcus Russell has reportedly looked very poor at the team's minicamp practices.
    We hesitate to pass along many practice observations because it's subjective and played in shorts. But Russell's reviews have been uniformly terrible over the weekend, with multiple writers saying his accuracy was lacking. Jeff Garcia has also reportedly struggled.
    I mean, things are not looking good for him.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by PrideisBears View Post
    Don't knock Russel. He went to the Raiders aka the talent sucker squad. I believe he has potential. The Redskins and Vikings at the same time should be at the bottom. And Yes the Bears are too high. If Cutler goes down I'll be afraid to watch any games
    The only thing russell has potential for is cleaning his plate at the Buffett Table.

Hope Heyward Bey doesn't pull a russell or gallery oh wait yeah I do

Every year a back up has to show up and play due to injury or poor play so this means the back up needs to be legit.

I remember Elway got the flu in DC and Kubiak steps right in and Broncos win. Yes Brister had a higher qb rating than elway when Elway hurt his hamstring.

What I think should be questioned is how these rankings are made to be. Looking around the league our qbs are better...
    The Bronco fan pledge;
    Bronco's Country.