Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Bronco Lover

I know it's been a long time since I've responded on these boards, but this thread I had to respond to.

It's a lot better to see the Broncos play on the field than believe what Fox Sports has to say.
    D.E

Heading into last season many so called "experts" had our o line rated dead last too.

They talked about a Rookie LT and a "virtual" rookie RT who had injury issues. We saw how all of that worked out.

We have a QB who as a Rookie stepped in and led his team to the playoffs. He has a winning record and hasn't really had a ton of offensive tools. Our backup had a great college career and was starting to turn the corner before having his spleen removed. Nobody truly knows what we have in our QB's.

The fact is, if these writers knew half of what they are talking about, they wouldn't be writers. They would be scouts, GM's, Coaches, etc... Instead they are cigarette smoking, double cheeseburger pounding, hacks at a keyboard.
    Last edited by jhildebrand; 07-10-2009 at 09:03 PM.

Instead they are cigarette smoking, double cheeseburger pounding, hacks at a keyboard.

One of the best replies of the night!

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    The fact is, if these writers knew half of what they are talking about, they wouldn't be writers. They would be scouts, GM's, Coaches, etc... Instead they are cigarette smoking, double cheeseburger pounding, hacks at a keyboard.
    Don't hold back. Let 'em have it!

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    Heading into last season many so called "experts" had our o line rated dead last too.

They talked about a Rookie LT and a "virtual" rookie RT who had injury issues. We saw how all of that worked out.

We have a QB who as a Rookie stepped in and led his team to the playoffs. He has a winning record and hasn't really had a ton of offensive tools. Our backup had a great college career and was starting to turn the corner before having his spleen removed. Nobody truly knows what we have in our QB's.

classic lol nice to know what you think of tabloid journalism lol and its about right aswell lol these people have to make shocking remarks otherwise people wont buy there paper or watch there show
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 Adopt-A-Bronco Quinton Carter

Quote Originally Posted by PrideisBears View Post
    Don't knock Russel. He went to the Raiders aka the talent sucker squad. I believe he has potential. The Redskins and Vikings at the same time should be at the bottom. And Yes the Bears are too high. If Cutler goes down I'll be afraid to watch any games
    Russel should be knocked off his QB perch by Jeff Garcia, that's bad...

Quote Originally Posted by 5280 Thunder View Post
    "Well, Josh McDaniels, you'd better be right about Kyle Orton. Denver fans will not react well if Orton fails to lead Denver to the postseason, and especially if the Broncos' ex Jay Cutler gets to play deep into January. While Orton is 21-12 as an NFL starter and nearly pushed Chicago to the playoffs a year ago, he lacks the elite skillset of a Cutler. Some around Denver wonder if Orton will even beat out Chris Simms for the starting job. For reference, Simms' last starting experience came in 2006 in Tampa, where he went 0-3 with 1 TD and 7 INTs ... and somewhere, Broncos fans moan."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...s:-QB-packages
    FoxSports. Does that have any connection to FoxNews?

Is it possible you misunderstood the meaning of the title "QB Packages" ... ?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

As much as I believe Orton is definately not the answer, I highly doubt we have the worst Q.B's in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    FoxSports. Does that have any connection to FoxNews?

Is it possible you misunderstood the meaning of the title "QB Packages" ... ?
    Made me literally Laugh Out Loud - VERY FUNNY

Quote Originally Posted by thinkin101 View Post
    As much as I believe Orton is definately not the answer, I highly doubt we have the worst Q.B's in the league.
    I really think Orton will do amazing here in Denver. Comparing his play with the Bears and their offense is not applicable to what McDaniels will have here. I think a better reference point is his college days at Purdue, where he did very well.... It may take 1/2 the year for Orton to become instinctual rather than having to think through the system, but he's proved adept at running a similiar one before and should do well. I really believe that's the case - We will see :go:

Quote Originally Posted by pzmire View Post
    I really think Orton will do amazing here in Denver. Comparing his play with the Bears and their offense is not applicable to what McDaniels will have here. I think a better reference point is his college days at Purdue, where he did very well.... It may take 1/2 the year for Orton to become instinctual rather than having to think through the system, but he's proved adept at running a similiar one before and should do well. I really believe that's the case - We will see :go:
    I lived in Chicago for the last couple of years for work and only recently moved back to Westminster. Watching the Bears games, that was practically all that was on, for the most part saw awful Q.B. play by both Rex and Kyle. I remember at the time thinking to myself, only the Bears would have these two backup at best Q.B's battling it out. Neither one was good enough to win the starting job. While I do agree their offensive line as well as receiving corps. was not nearly as talented as ours, Rex's decision making,:go: ability and accuracy made me sick. I am taking the wait and see approach though this season with the weapons he now has. If he doesn't perform considerably better in this offense, I hope this oranization will go out and get a true Q.B through the draft next year. Bring on Colt.

So, who exactly is backing up Brady this year? I just want to know who I am going to be watching play this season after Tom's knee gives out.
    Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by thinkin101 View Post
    I lived in Chicago for the last couple of years for work and only recently moved back to Westminster. Watching the Bears games, that was practically all that was on, for the most part saw awful Q.B. play by both Rex and Kyle. I remember at the time thinking to myself, only the Bears would have these two backup at best Q.B's battling it out. Neither one was good enough to win the starting job. While I do agree their offensive line as well as receiving corps. was not nearly as talented as ours, Rex's decision making,:go: ability and accuracy made me sick. I am taking the wait and see approach though this season with the weapons he now has. If he doesn't perform considerably better in this offense, I hope this oranization will go out and get a true Q.B through the draft next year. Bring on Colt.
    Fair enough - It bothers me when people try to translate what he did in Chicago with what will happen here. Two different systems and Coaching Staffs

FYI: I think you meant to say Kyle not Rex
    Last edited by Gideon333; 07-11-2009 at 01:29 PM.

I disgree with a good portion of this list ...However I wouldnt rank the Broncos very high (29-32) either ...

However I feel that will change by seasons end and the Broncos will have a very good offensive season ...I feel the potential for the offense putting up good numbers in yds,td scored is very good .....Just havent seen any proof of it yet..... I have been trying to reserve judgement waiting to see what the team looks like after the 1st preseason game ......

Great list, agree with it completely.