Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    What does it matter, neither team will ever be better than 6-6 every year anyway, ahahaha.

yep.

Quote Originally Posted by rockrules40 View Post
    Big 12>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mountain West

What CSU won one more regular season game than CU last year?

No going to argue that, but CU would have had a difficult time in the Mountain West. I'd say they would finish middle of the pack behind National Champions Utah, as well as TCU and BYU.

And a first year new coaching staff notching out 7 wins and a bowl game is impressive.

Is this Hawkins last chance to bring the Buffs back to contenders in the Big 12?
    [SIGPIC]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p177/Ambivalent1/AlphonsoSmith.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Why did Mc'D get rid of Hillis?

Quote Originally Posted by rockrules40 View Post
    Big 12>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mountain West

What CSU won one more regular season game than CU last year?
    We beat the teams that we played. You guys didn't. Plus its the Big 12 North. Honestly, you should make a bowl game just by playing those teams every year.

Quote Originally Posted by BVP View Post
    We beat the teams that we played. You guys didn't. Plus its the Big 12 North. Honestly, you should make a bowl game just by playing those teams every year.
    funny how you talk smack about big 12 north, when you got steamrolled by a big 12 north team this year... and most years as a matter of fact. csu would not have gone to a bowl if they played in the big 12 north last year

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkPanda View Post
    funny how you talk smack about big 12 north, when you got steamrolled by a big 12 north team this year... and most years as a matter of fact. csu would not have gone to a bowl if they played in the big 12 north last year
    1999 Colorado State 41-14 Mile High Stadium, Denver
    2000 Colorado State 28-24 Mile High Stadium, Denver
    2001 Colorado 41-14 INVESCO Field at Mile High, Denver
    2002 Colorado State 19-14 INVESCO Field at Mile High, Denver
    2003 Colorado 42-35 INVESCO Field at Mile High, Denver
    2004 Colorado 27-24 Folsom Field, Boulder
    2005 Colorado 31-28 Folsom Field, Boulder
    2006 Colorado State 14-10 INVESCO Field at Mile High, Denver
    2007 Colorado 31-28OT INVESCO Field at Mile High, Denver
    2008 Colorado 38-17 INVESCO Field at Mile High, Denver
    2009 Folsom Field, Boulder
    OK, look at these numbers and tell me if CU "steamrolled" us.

funny how you randomly chose that 99 game as your starting point, which coincidentally is probably the start of the only 2 year winning streak csu has ever had over cu. i wonder why you didn't start your list any earlier than that, considering i said MOST years cu steamrolls csu, not "the most recent 10 years". true, we only steamrolled you guys twice in the last 10 years but the last 10 years have been the most successful csu has ever had against cu and we've been steamrolling you at about an 80% rate during the overall series, including almost every game during the 8 game winning streak we had right before the start of that list you just made. this is why we have shut you guys out more times than you have beaten us

funny how you randomly chose that 99 game as your starting point, which coincidentally is probably the start of the only 2 year winning streak csu has ever had over cu. i wonder why you didn't start your list any earlier than that, considering i said MOST years cu steamrolls csu, not "the most recent 10 years". true, we only steamrolled you guys twice in the last 10 years but the last 10 years have been the most successful csu has ever had against cu and we've been steamrolling you at about an 80% rate during the overall series, including almost every game during the 8 game winning streak we had right before the start of that list you just made. this is why we have shut you guys out more times than you have beaten us
    yes, its almost as bad as CU's record against Nebraska.

Nebraska 48 wins. CU 17.

But the greatest Steamrolling in the past decade has to be Texas-70, CU-3. With all 70 put up in 3 quarters of football.

I chose the last decade because they've all been great games for the most part. It's turned into a great in-state rivalry. I'll bet on CSU winning plenty of games against CU in the next decade.
    [SIGPIC]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p177/Ambivalent1/AlphonsoSmith.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by IrishConrad View Post

Nebraska 48 wins. CU 17.

But the greatest Steamrolling in the past decade has to be Texas-70, CU-3. With all 70 put up in 3 quarters of football.

I chose the last decade because they've all been great games for the most part. It's turned into a great in-state rivalry. I'll bet on CSU winning plenty of games against CU in the next decade.
    Steve Fairchild for the win. Hes got is QB he wants coming in next year. It should start to get exciting in Fort Collins once again.

As for the game, well its usually always close so we will see.

Before Sonny Lubick came to Fort Collins, CSU football was nothing, your right. Congrats on beating a football program that wasn't very good, at all. And now that you see that CSU is on the rise, your pulling out stuff from before Lubick was around...

And that is why I hate CU fans.

Nebraska 48 wins. CU 17.

Great Post.

Quote Originally Posted by BVP View Post
    Before Sonny Lubick came to Fort Collins, CSU football was nothing, your right. Congrats on beating a football program that wasn't very good, at all. And now that you see that CSU is on the rise, your pulling out stuff from before Lubick was around...

And that is why I hate CU fans.
    right... well cu has beaten csu 5 of the last 6 years, it's not like i just picked statistics from a completely irrelevant cutoff point to try to misrepresent how successful my team has been, like you did. starting the list at the only time in history csu has ever won 3 out of 4 games against cu, hypocrite. you're right that we shouldn't really be congratulated when we beat csu, and you're right that csu is not very good at all and i'm not asking for congratulations. i'm just discussing the series because that's what this thread is supposed to be about, i think.

i wouldn't need to pull out stuff from before lubick was around, anyway. your hero, fairchild just lost to cu by a pretty big margin not that long ago and you did just lose a good portion of key starters to graduation

Nebraska 48 wins. CU 17.

actually, it is not "almost as bad as cu's record against nebraska", it is quite a bit more lopsided than the nebraska-cu series, sadly enough.
    nebraska is leading 47-18. cu is leading csu 59-19. and colorado has won more times against nebraska than they have been shutout by nebraska, which is something csu can't claim against cu

Nebraska 48 wins. CU 17.

Is this not a CU CSU thread? Why bring up Nebraska? To make a point? Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. Being a CSU fan must be embarrassing to the point you can't even talk smack about a rival using your own material. You have to lean on your rivals' rivals'.

That must really suck, I feel bad for you.

Oh, 70-3. Cute. The beginning of the end of the Gary Barnett era, as well as the beginning of an awful couple years for CU football.

Here's a similar beatdown, since we're bringing up the past. USC 49. CSU 0.

Since you like to seem you have a good grip on stats do me a favor. Look up how many double digit losses CSU has to un ranked teams this decade please.

You really need to learn how to talk smack, because bringing up the past. Especially during the worst period imaginable for CU football is pretty damn weak. Try talking about how our Quarterback is going to need phone books to see over the offensive line that will be plowing over your entire defense.

actually, it is not "almost as bad as cu's record against nebraska", it is quite a bit more lopsided than the nebraska-cu series, sadly enough.
    nebraska is leading 47-18. cu is leading csu 59-19. and colorado has won more times against nebraska than they have been shutout by nebraska, which is something csu can't claim against cu
    This is comical

CU sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by str8jacket View Post
    Is this not a CU CSU thread? Why bring up Nebraska? To make a point? Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. Being a CSU fan must be embarrassing to the point you can't even talk smack about a rival using your own material. You have to lean on your rivals' rivals'.
    Embarrassing???

Are you guys going to charge the field again this year if you win? Are you going to talk CSU down every year like you are some elite status team and get killed in the BIG 12 again?

I brought up Nebraska because time and time again, from CU fans I always hear why is CSU is even considered a rival since they beat them every year.

After asking most of them who they would consider there main rival it's always Nebraska.

Sure for you the end of the Gary Barnett era was rough, Sonny Lubick didn't make things any better at CSU during his last 4 years.

This year the pressure is on Hawkins to put up or get the hell out. Did he guarantee 9-10 wins this year?

We'll see who's embarrassed after this season.