Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

We can all admit that the majority of the media THINKS we got worse, right?

First off, I'm not saying we got worse. I'm talking about admitting that the majority of the media thinks we've gotten worse. I really like the Knowshon pick. I love the signing of Dawkins. I like the Ayers pick. If Marshall buys into the team and gives his all our O should still be good. Anyway, the point is that I'm excited about the season that isn't too far away now.

The point of this thread is to see if we're all on the same page as far as the media, analysts, and "experts" are concerned.

There are a lot of threads talking about how this analysts hates the Broncos or that analyst hates the Broncos, or how there is a conspiracy against the Broncos in the media.

Can we all agree that the majority of the media that reports on the NFL thinks that Denver has gotten worse during the off season? I didn't say every single analyst says we've gotten worse, but the majority do as far as I've seen from sports writers, TV analysts, and non Bronco fans in general.

It's great to say "We'll show them" or "They'll change their tune when we start winning games" etc. It just seams ridiculous to attempt to discredit every writer or analyst that criticizes the Broncos during this particular off season. The consensus is that we've gotten worse. They may be completely wrong, but that's what most people think.

We need to just accept that that's what they think and stop trying to create conspiracy theories and hidden agendas. They think the Broncos will be worse.

Most of us as Bronco fans are hopeful that we'll actually be better than last season. That would be awesome! I hope the new defensive scheme and player additions moves us way up the rankings and the O keeps on chugging with Knowshon running over everyone.

The Bronco fans that think we've gotten better are going to think that no matter what any analyst says, so there is no point in trying to discredit every single analyst that says otherwise. At least not during this particular off season where there have been so many big changes and so much turmoil.

I'm just going to accept that they think we're worse and let the players prove them wrong.

I erased the original thread because the title was misleading and I couldn't change it.
    2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by BroncsSB#3 View Post
    First off, I'm not saying we got worse. I'm talking about admitting that the majority of the media thinks we've gotten worse. I really like the Knowshon pick. I love the signing of Dawkins. I like the Ayers pick. If Marshall buys into the team and gives his all our O should still be good. Anyway, the point is that I'm excited about the season that isn't too far away now.

The point of this thread is to see if we're all on the same page as far as the media, analysts, and "experts" are concerned.

There are a lot of threads talking about how this analysts hates the Broncos or that analyst hates the Broncos, or how there is a conspiracy against the Broncos in the media.

Can we all agree that the majority of the media that reports on the NFL thinks that Denver has gotten worse during the off season? I didn't say every single analyst says we've gotten worse, but the majority do as far as I've seen from sports writers, TV analysts, and non Bronco fans in general.

It's great to say "We'll show them" or "They'll change their tune when we start winning games" etc. It just seams ridiculous to attempt to discredit every writer or analyst that criticizes the Broncos during this particular off season. The consensus is that we've gotten worse. They may be completely wrong, but that's what most people think.

We need to just accept that that's what they think and stop trying to create conspiracy theories and hidden agendas. They think the Broncos will be worse.

Most of us as Bronco fans are hopeful that we'll actually be better than last season. That would be awesome! I hope the new defensive scheme and player additions moves us way up the rankings and the O keeps on chugging with Knowshon running over everyone.

The Bronco fans that think we've gotten better are going to think that no matter what any analyst says, so there is no point in trying to discredit every single analyst that says otherwise. At least not during this particular off season where there have been so many big changes and so much turmoil.

I'm just going to accept that they think we're worse and let the players prove them wrong.

I erased the original thread because the title was misleading and I couldn't change it.
    Ya man when you ever you get rid of... never mind if I bring up points on how we got worse I will get attacked via name calling...
    Last edited by Broncofan1990; 07-16-2009 at 04:33 PM.

Screw the media. I think we got better. Better running game, better secondary, better special teams, more depth at wide receiver, better at linebacker.

What Orton lacks in talent compared to Cutler he will make up for with his work ethic, leadership, and intelligence. He was playing with a pathetic offense and an injury in Chicago, but he still had 18 TDs versus 11 INTs and a winning record. He's got great receivers, a great line, and a great groups of running backs with him here in Denver.

The only place we may not have improved is DL, but I don't reckon we could get any worse.

The defense will be better because of Dawkins, and because Bailey will be healthy. The defense will be better because we will have some stability at linebacker. The defense will be better because our offense is going to control the clock better, have fewer turnovers, and our special teams coverage teams are going to pin the opposing offenses deep.

Am I thinking Super Bowl? Not remotely. Am I thinking deep playoff run? Probably not. Am I thinking we'll compete for the division title and a Wild Card berth? I sure am.

Quote Originally Posted by famicommander View Post
    Screw the media. I think we got better. Better running game, better secondary, better special teams, more depth at wide receiver, better at linebacker.

What Orton lacks in talent compared to Cutler he will make up for with his work ethic, leadership, and intelligence. He was playing with a pathetic offense and an injury in Chicago, but he still had 18 TDs versus 11 INTs and a winning record. He's got great receivers, a great line, and a great groups of running backs with him here in Denver.

The only place we may not have improved is DL, but I don't reckon we could get any worse.

The defense will be better because of Dawkins, and because Bailey will be healthy. The defense will be better because we will have some stability at linebacker. The defense will be better because our offense is going to control the clock better, have fewer turnovers, and our special teams coverage teams are going to pin the opposing offenses deep.

Am I thinking Super Bowl? Not remotely. Am I thinking deep playoff run? Probably not. Am I thinking we'll compete for the division title and a Wild Card berth? I sure am.
    That's what I mean. I'm not saying that we need to agree with what the media is saying. It's just that threads keep popping up where people act surprised and offended that another analyst made a comment about the Broncos getting worse.
    2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Exclamation The Broncos should ...

... put a giant bulletin board in the lockerroom with every negative report on them that can be found,

AND

a giant TV screen with a continuously running loop of every clip they can find talking pessimistically about them.

The rest will take care of itself.

Let the games begin.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

It's not that bad. Denver never gets much love.

I think most people agree that trading away Cutler is the main reason for all the negative press.

I think the broncos did improve in some areas, but it's just way too early to start claiming that they will be better or worse.

So let the haters hate, there's nothing we or the broncos can do right now to change their minds.
    Last edited by Chidoze; 07-16-2009 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    ... put a giant bulletin board in the lockerroom with every negative report on them that can be found,

AND

a giant TV screen with a continuously running loop of every clip they can find talking pessimistically about them.

The rest will take care of itself.

Let the games begin.
    Um, do they have enough walls?
    I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
    I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
    I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
    "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
    God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
    Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

I'm fine with being the underdogs.

Let's fly under the radar.

I'm proud to not be a media sheep.
    1. LB Arthur Brown Kansas State
    2. SS Dj Swearinger South Carolina

Yes of course... but we already knew that the majority of the media didn't like us.

It's ok....

I have better idea...

Let's just pin up a small photo of Phil Simms with a headset at the main door of the locker room. That oughta do two things. 1) You scare the hell outta Chris and 2) you give Robert Ayers something to tear down as he goes onto the field, going all Jim Carrey, doggie bag and pumping heart in hand, on that damn photo.

That's Motivation
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Lone Ranger

Member #970 of the Knowshon Fan Club. Championship!

[I]Shanny Fan? McDaniels Fan? I'm a Denver Broncos Fan!!![/I]

[B]NECKBEARD![/B]

I've doubted the media since Time made Mussolini man of the year.........

I only read tabloids anymore.

Anything else is just worthless crap.

I adopt andrewmlb.

Quote Originally Posted by famicommander View Post

So,
    screw the media, we got better

or

we'll compete for a division title and a wild card berth...

which is it??? we were competing for a division title and wild card berths.

We will be worse. Teams are going to run it at is until we stop them, and we have nothing to stop them.

The prevailing logic on what we should have done and drafted was logic. You don't get better by doing exactly the opposite of what the WHOLE FOOTBALL WORLD outside of Josh and some on this board think.

We should have kept Cutler and drafted D tackles.

Your dreaming

It took Bill B three head coaching jobs until he hit it all in New England, Josh is a poser, and Bowlen despite all his millions really screwed up with this hire.

We will all be crying in our beer every Sunday next year when Shanny is out kickin butt, and Chicago is one of the best teams in the NFC.

Coach and Cutler will be laughing when Mcdoofus gets his walking papers soon enough, and we are all going to have to suffer through it.

It sucks because I love it when the Broncos win,

and I fear there is not going to be a lot of that for the next couple years.

They fired Shanahan, traded away Cutler, drafted a RB first even though they had a bad defense. They messed with an offense that was among the best in the league. The primary defensive upgrade was a 36 year old safety. The 100 catch WR wants out. They were just a game from the division title last season.

These are the points upon which the negative articles are written. Taken alone at face value it sounds pretty bleak. Anyone who actually studies and follows the team will get caught up in the excitement and see the many subtle (and more obvious) ways they will be improved this season.

The remaining players from last year's defense will be in positions that suit them better and will be highly motivated to prove they don't suck as badly as they appeared the past 2 seasons. I'm on record as believing Thomas and Crowder will both make huge strides this season in their new spots and that DJ will have a career season. Ayers and Smith are both fresh top of the draft talents who should be better than the ones they replaced right away.

It's pointless to try to convince anyone that there wasn't a huge talent downgrade at QB. I wouldn't even try. But I do believe that what McDaniels will do is even it out by eliminating the need for a cannon armed scrambler by running an offense where presnap reads and quickly getting the ball into the hands of other offensive playmakers largely offsets the need to do try to do everything himself. There's also a pretty big upgrade at RB and in receiving corps depth.

Even if Prater maintains last year's level of play, the special teams should be much better as a whole. An influx of LB and DB makes it almost a certainty that the covreage teams get better. The punter should be better whether it's Kern or Colquitt.

The head coach is young but he's got a pretty good staff and he's a proven offensive play caller. His DC has a proven track record in the NFL as well.

So for anyone who looks past the headlines, the Broncos should have a huge improvement on defense, a different but still effective offense, stronger special teams units all being coached by well respected position coaches. Add the motivation to erase last year's embarrassment and I see a pretty good season coming.
    Last edited by expatRick; 07-18-2009 at 07:02 PM.
    \

I've said it a couple of times, but McDaniels stint in Denver is starting to look a lot like Belichick's stint in Cleveland.
    Last edited by jetrazor74; 07-19-2009 at 08:02 PM.
    http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=30412676
    MMO Football Game

I like McDaniels, he will be a good coach. Just not for this team. Belichick needed his Cleveland stint to become the coach he is now and McDaniels is showing the same signs.