Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MGBRONCO View Post
    We will all be crying in our beer every Sunday next year when Shanny is out kickin butt, and Chicago is one of the best teams in the NFC.

Coach and Cutler will be laughing when Mcdoofus gets his walking papers soon enough, and we are all going to have to suffer through it.
    Not really sure where you're going with this. If Shanahan had been "kicking butt" for Denver, we wouldn't be in the situation we're in. He's been the most underachieving coach in the NFL the last 3 years, considering who he is, what he has, and what he's built ( or hasn't built).

Last laugh? I think the rest of the NFL was laughing at Mike "the mastermind" Shanahan and Jay "the franchise" Cutler's zeroless playoff appearances in the 3 years they were together.

Just think, it took Shanahan getting his QB to drive the Broncos to the worst 3 year tenure in the last 20 years.

If Bowlen did the right thing, and fired Shanahan 3-5 years earlier then he did, we would be past this mess and well into the next era of Denver football.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    Not really sure where you're going with this. If Shanahan had been "kicking butt" for Denver, we wouldn't be in the situation we're in. He's been the most underachieving coach in the NFL the last 3 years, considering who he is, what he has, and what he's built ( or hasn't built).

Last laugh? I think the rest of the NFL was laughing at Mike "the mastermind" Shanahan and Jay "the franchise" Cutler's zeroless playoff appearances in the 3 years they were together.

Just think, it took Shanahan getting his QB to drive the Broncos to the worst 3 year tenure in the last 20 years.
    I think the rest of the NFL was laughing more at the lack of defense and special teams they saw. At least, if I was an NFL player that would be what I would laugh at from the Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'N Chronic View Post
    I think the rest of the NFL was laughing more at the lack of defense and special teams they saw. At least, if I was an NFL player that would be what I would laugh at from the Broncos.
    I'm sure. We can thank Mike "the mastermind" Shanahan for that one. As for Cutler and the offense, we can thank their miserable display of offense in their 0-6 performances in playoff deciding games, as well as Cutler's 4TD/7INT ratio.

At least show up and do your job, regardless of how god forsaken the defense and special teams is.

the NFL was laughing at us last year what will they be doing this year??? dying of laughter

Quote Originally Posted by Broncofan1990 View Post
    the NFL was laughing at us last year what will they be doing this year??? dying of laughter
    You have such an awesome sense of humor.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by expatRick View Post
    They were just a game from the division title last season.
    Not to put too fine a point on it but they were just a game from being over .500.

I'm sure. We can thank Mike "the mastermind" Shanahan for that one. As for Cutler and the offense, we can thank their miserable display of offense in their 0-6 performances in playoff deciding games, as well as Cutler's 4TD/7INT ratio.

At least show up and do your job, regardless of how god forsaken the defense and special teams is.
    38 ppg lol

BroncsSB#3,

I would agree with you, except that they do this to us every single year.

It's not new. It's not a sudden development. It's not like they just this season started saying this kind of stuff. They do it all the damned time.

No joke. It happens every season. Last pre-season they picked us to come in last in our division behind Oakland and the Chiefs and we almost won the entire division three weeks before the season ended.

This is NOT a rare occurrence. If it was just happening this season, I might say there was something to it.

But I and others around here are very, very used to the media portraying Denver as far worse than we really are. We've learned to ignore them and make our own judgments about the team. I'll bet I can take at least half of these so called "experts" and pick the Broncos wins and losses for the upcoming season, and I'll bet I beat over 50% of them, and that's a conservative estimate.

We're used to it.

They say we suck every single year. No joke, no exaggeration dude.

One year they're bound to be right. Every team has a sucky year, so if they say it often enough they're bound to be right.

A stranger can come up to me each day of the year and say "Today's your birthday isn't it!"

Now most days he's going to be wrong, but if he guesses enough days out of the year he'll eventually be right. That doesn't make him insightful, it just makes perpetually stupid - even on the day he's right.

38 ppg lol
    You mean, 23.1 pts/g?
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    You mean, 23.1 pts/g?
    No, last 3 games of the year the Broncos gave up 38 ppg.

I agree that the majority of the media thinks we got worse. I happen to agree with them. I do like the Moreno pick. I'm kind of iffy about the Dawkins pick. He was a nice pickup, but I think he's pretty old for the money we gave him. We didn't address our D-line which has ben our weak link for as long as I can remember. Having Orton as our starting Q.B is a definate downgrade, and I hated the fact McD traded away next years first round pick for an undersized corner. That being said, what do I know. It's just my personal opinion. I'm not saying I'm right, that's just how I feel. I hope I am wrong in every way. I'm just ready for the season to start so all of the media, as well as my self, can eat a big fat platter of crow.

No, last 3 games of the year the Broncos gave up 38 ppg.
    I love how people give Cutler a free pass because of how god forsaken the defense is.

'Why should Cutler show up because the defense doesn't?"

Because guys like Peyton Manning and Carson Palmer showed up. But then again, Cutler isn't exactly in their ability field, either.

I love how people give Cutler a free pass because of how god forsaken the defense is.

'Why should Cutler show up because the defense doesn't?"

Because guys like Peyton Manning and Carson Palmer showed up. But then again, Cutler isn't exactly in their ability field, either.
    Actually, thats not always true.

Look at Manning in 2008. Week 2 He had a 72.6 QB Rating, 2 INTs to 1 TD and a 51.7 completion percentage, his team won 18-15. Now jump to Week 13, Manning had a 46.8 QB Rating, 2 INTs to 0 TDs and 125 yards passing–surprisingly had a 71.4 completion percentage on 21 passes. The Colts won 10-6.

Since Palmer played 4 games last year, I'll use 2007. I don't why you used him Palmer as an example, because looking at his stats clearly show he didn't show every week. Week 3 and 4 he had two games in a row of 1 TD to 2 INTs, both games were loses. Week 11 he had 2 TDs to 4 INTs and lost that game. Week 13, no TDs or INTs and only 183 yards passing, his team lost again. Week 14, 0 TDs to 2 INTs, lost again. He was pretty awful in week 16–1 TD to 2 INTs, 115 yards and 44.8 QB Rating–but his team actually won that week.

QB's all have off games.
    http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=30412676
    MMO Football Game

I like McDaniels, he will be a good coach. Just not for this team. Belichick needed his Cleveland stint to become the coach he is now and McDaniels is showing the same signs.

Quote Originally Posted by MJA View Post
    Actually, thats not always true.

Look at Manning in 2008. Week 2 He had a 72.6 QB Rating, 2 INTs to 1 TD and a 51.7 completion percentage, his team won 18-15. Now jump to Week 13, Manning had a 46.8 QB Rating, 2 INTs to 0 TDs and 125 yards passing–surprisingly had a 71.4 completion percentage on 21 passes. The Colts won 10-6.

Since Palmer played 4 games last year, I'll use 2007. I don't why you used him Palmer as an example, because looking at his stats clearly show he didn't show every week. Week 3 and 4 he had two games in a row of 1 TD to 2 INTs, both games were loses. Week 11 he had 2 TDs to 4 INTs and lost that game. Week 13, no TDs or INTs and only 183 yards passing, his team lost again. Week 14, 0 TDs to 2 INTs, lost again. He was pretty awful in week 16–1 TD to 2 INTs, 115 yards and 44.8 QB Rating–but his team actually won that week.

QB's all have off games
    LMAO 6 times in 6 games? Does Cutler ever have an "on" game?

Palmer has at least made it to the playoffs with a horrendous defense.

We can all agree on 1 thing. Cutler is a good young talent who would be excellent if he had a good defense to work with, along with over half the QB's in the NFL.

LMAO 6 times in 6 games? Does Cutler ever have an "on" game?

Palmer has at least made it to the playoffs with a horrendous defense.

We can all agree on 1 thing. Cutler is a good young talent who would be excellent if he had a good defense to work with, along with over half the QB's in the NFL.
    I can't find a stretch where he had 6 bad games in a row, what weeks are you referring to?
    http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=30412676
    MMO Football Game

I like McDaniels, he will be a good coach. Just not for this team. Belichick needed his Cleveland stint to become the coach he is now and McDaniels is showing the same signs.