View Poll Results: Do you trust Woody Paige's reporting?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

40 36.70%
  • No

69 63.30%
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Woody Paige says broncos veterans dont trust Mcd

Around the horn was talking about jamie dukes article on
    mcd and they agreed players camt trust him. Woody paige said he talked to a prominent player on the team who said he cant trust coach and alot of players were the same way.

Winning cures all. Shannon Sharpe said he never trusted Shanahan after a failed trade attempt. Don't read too much into this.

Let's wait until TC before saying who can't trust whom. They've scarcely had a chance to work together.

Supporting McD since 2009.

Adopted Bronco....Daniel Graham!

Adopted by Chillez! :salute!:

How much farther can all of this BS go, I mean really... look at all the losers and idiots that are getting quoted - Lamie Dukes.. Woody Paige??? etc... This whole thing is getting turned into some low form of a jerry springer show... lowlifes and DB's yelling and pointing fingers at each other... while the true facts are somewhere else.... One last thought here --> the people who manage the team and the franchise business have the last say in these things anyway, whiney spoiled players just think they have power......

I don't buy it.

Even the disgruntled brandon marshall admitted yesterday that the lockerroom is behind and supports McDaniels, seeing as over half the team was brought in by him.

Woody is just trying to be like Jamie Dukes here. The "prominent player" Woody is referring to is probably some scrub like Vernon Fox or Jarvis Moss

Quote Originally Posted by horsehead41 View Post
    How much farther can all of this BS go, I mean really... look at all the losers and idiots that are getting quoted - Lamie Dukes.. Woody Paige??? etc... This whole thing is getting turned into some low form of a jerry springer show... lowlifes and DB's yelling and pointing fingers at each other... while the true facts are somewhere else.... One last thought here --> the people who manage the team and the franchise business have the last say in these things anyway, whiney spoiled players just think they have power......
    Woody Paige is a pimp.

Quote Originally Posted by Bioengineer View Post
    Around the horn was talking about jamie dukes article on
    mcd and they agreed players camt trust him. Woody paige said he talked to a prominent player on the team who said he cant trust coach and alot of players were the same way.
    ...um...um..well...um...he's just jealous of Rod's two superbowl rings, so he talks trash.

Isn't that the excuse thats been going around lately?

This is one of the problems with the media today (not just in sports). One guy will report something and credit an unnamed source for the inside information. Many others pick up on the story and before you know it everyone is reporting it. The masses (and other news organizations) see the volume of reports as proof of its legitimacy. The same thing happened with the whole Denver chop blocking incidents (must... maintain... my... calm...)

I have a stinking feeling that the veteran Bronco source for Jamie Dukes and Woody Paige (both registered members of the Bronco Hate Club, btw) was none other than one Brandon "It's more to it" Marshall.

I agree with the rest of the reasonable fans: let's wait it out, get some wins and/or losses, and then we'll see just who trusts who, and who's willing to publicly admit it. I know a prominent member of this board that says he can't trust Woody Paige and he says he knows of a lot of other members that feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by 22Bernard24 View Post
    Woody Paige is a pimp.

I'm kinda fuzzy on the whole "pimp" reference... I have no clue whether your statement means you like or dislike him..... this popular slang is so ambiguous these days......

Quote Originally Posted by 22Bernard24 View Post
    Woody Paige is a pimp.
    How do you figure?

He was on a show with a bunch of guys.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by horsehead41 View Post

No kidding, this is getting rediculous
    Don't Panic!

Quote Originally Posted by PowderAddict View Post
    Winning cures all. Shannon Sharpe said he never trusted Shanahan after a failed trade attempt. Don't read too much into this.
    Well said

I like Woody, he's a fun guy to laugh at and sometimes he has decent input, but most of the time he's full of sh*t

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Players don't seem to realize that they are theoretically owned by the team that they play for. Players are paid to play the game at the highest of their abilities, if they trust the coach that they play for is beside the point, and if you disagree with that then you should go hang out with Jaime Dukes.

When McD/Nolan/whoever tells them what to do, they're going to do it, this isn't highschool. They're not going to sabatoge their football team because the man that's leading them will say anything to dodge the media.

I wouldnt trust him if i was a player. I would trust the system and i like him as a coach. But his personale decisions and what not dont leave you feeling very secure or comfortable.

yes winning cures all, but hey what if we lose. does that mean that now i am going to be replaced even if i did my job very very well.

aka- mike leach
    aka- cutler
    aka-soon to be marshall

Then there are others who were ok or average, but didnt even get a chance to compete even after they have a somewhat proven track record.

aka-tatum bell
    aka-selvin young
    aka-dre bly

The rest of the guys we let loose were scrubs. But tatum, even though i have never been high on the guy ran as hard as i have ever seen him run at the end of the season. He should have atleast been able to battle out in camp. Selvin is the same to me, never liked all that much, but he was a starter and yet we bring in bucky and jordan and cut the guys who have prior knowledge on the ZBS loose.

i am not saying that josh did was right or wrong. But if i was a vet, i would hold back my trust big time on this guy. You never know what he is going to do.

And i understand you have to show up and compete everyday because nothing is guaranteed and your job can be on the line. But most of those guys and the first 3 i listed who are all SUPER SOLID players didnt get that chance to compete. They got cut/traded from the get go.
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

What does it matter if you like or dislike Woody Paige? Hes still a prominent sports writer here in Denver and, believe it or not, does talk with players.

I just dont see how what he said is so far fetched...In fact Ive been saying it all along, that theres a good chance that McD could lose the locker room.

I also see a couple people who said "winning cures all"...thats true, but if there are players who arent giving 100% because they dont back the head coach then I dont see much winning going on. You guys should try playing for a coach you dont believe in, its not easy.

Hopefully McDaniels will do some good things in training camp and get this team on track. :go: because in all honesty, what the hell has he done to prove himself to the veterans? Pretty much nothing