Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Ville of Rose, NorCal
    Posts
    18,340

    Surely not Big Ben?!?!

    Let the media storm begin!!!!

    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...suit?GT1=39002

    RENO, Nev. (AP) - Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has been accused of sexual assault in a civil lawsuit, his lawyer said, denying the claim.

    The lawsuit was filed Friday in Washoe County District Court accusing Roethlisberger of assaulting a woman in July 2008.

    Roethlisberger is one of nine defendants listed in the online court docket report. Further details of the lawsuit were not available Tuesday morning.

    "Ben has never sexually assaulted anyone ... The timing of the lawsuit and the absence of a criminal complaint and a criminal investigation are the most compelling evidence of the absence of any criminal conduct. If an investigation is commenced, Ben will cooperate fully and Ben will be fully exonerated," David Cornwell, Roethlisberger's lawyer, said in a statement released early Tuesday.

    A phone message and e-mail from the AP to Cornwell were not returned.

    Attorney Calvin R. Dunlap, of Reno, filed the lawsuit, according to court documents. A telephone message left for him was not returned.

    Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett said Tuesday the team is aware of the lawsuit, and "we are gathering information."
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    3OH!3
    Posts
    6,727
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.


    Ha.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    327
    Here is the full quote by Ben's lawyer:
    "This weekend Andrea McNulty served Ben Roethlisberger with a civil complaint accusing him of sexually assaulting her in July 2008. Ben has never sexually assaulted anyone; especially Andrea McNulty. The timing of the lawsuit and the absence of a criminal complaint and a criminal investigation are the most compelling evidence of the absence of any criminal conduct. If an investigation is commenced, Ben will cooperate fully and Ben will be fully exonerated,"
    What bothers me is the bolded part. If I were Andrea, I'd be insulted by "especially Andrea McNulty". What does that mean? Is the laywer saying "Ben has never sexually assaulted anyone; but if he did go on a date rape binge, Andrea McNulty is so fugly, she wouldnt get it even if she was willing."?

    (She does look like Ben in a blonde wig tho)
    Last edited by pacoEagle; 07-21-2009 at 12:10 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    21,841
    Sources connected to the Ben Roethlisberger sexual assault case claim the psychiatric care the accuser says she's under has nothing to do with Ben .... it has to do with a relationship she had with a man who never existed.

    Andrea McNulty has sued Roethlisberger, the Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl champ, claiming he sexually assaulted her in July 2008. Sources tell us Roethlisberger and McNulty had a sexual liaison at the time but Ben insists it was purely consensual. We're told the two knew each other because Ben had stayed at Harrah's in Lake Tahoe over the last several years for golf tournaments -- and she worked at the hotel.

    Sources connected with the case tell us a former co-worker of McNulty's at Harrah's came forward with this incredible story -- that around the time McNulty hooked up with Roethlisberger, she was allegedly involved with a married man. The man's wife, we're told, created an email account, posing as a U.S. soldier in Iraq. The wife began corresponding with McNulty to gain information. We're told the former co-worker has said McNulty fell in love with the fictitious soldier and began telling people she was engaged to him. When the wife stopped the correspondence, McNulty then began telling people the soldier was killed in action.

    We're told McNulty told at least one co-worker she began seeing a psychiatrist because of the phantom soldier.

    We tried repeatedly getting in touch with McNulty. So far we have been unable to reach her.
    It's from TMZ, but if its true, then that girl has some problems.

    Hooray, beer!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Ville of Rose, NorCal
    Posts
    18,340
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    It's from TMZ, but if its true, then that girl has some problems.
    This is gonna be fun to watch.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Land of Corn
    Posts
    13,100
    Psycho berches are always berches.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    21,841
    If you know me and have read my posts, I'm not exactly Ben's biggest advocate.

    There are hot women all over the country that throw/would throw themselves at Roethlisberger. The Steelers have probably one of the biggest fan bases in the sport.
    Unless he is a huge creep or a predatory criminal (and he very well could be) why would he need to sexually assault a woman?

    And what's more, why would she wait a YEAR to file charges?

    It's Kobe Bryant all over again.

    I'm willing to bet that it comes out in the wash, that she agreed to have sex with Ben, thought she would have a relationship, and it didn't happen. She probably informed him if he didn't pay her off, she'd go public with a story about him assaulting her.

    Given the newest evidence that the girl may be crazy in the first place, its certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

    THAT BEING SAID:
    If he did assault her, then I pray that they find away to prove it and put him in jail. Rape is no laughing matter. If he did it, then he's a criminal that deserves to be punished.
    We shall see.

    Hooray, beer!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Land of Corn
    Posts
    13,100
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    If you know me and have read my posts, I'm not exactly Ben's biggest advocate.

    There are hot women all over the country that throw/would throw themselves at Roethlisberger. The Steelers have probably one of the biggest fan bases in the sport.
    Unless he is a huge creep or a predatory criminal (and he very well could be) why would he need to sexually assault a woman?

    And what's more, why would she wait a YEAR to file charges?

    It's Kobe Bryant all over again.

    I'm willing to bet that it comes out in the wash, that she agreed to have sex with Ben, thought she would have a relationship, and it didn't happen. She probably informed him if he didn't pay her off, she'd go public with a story about him assaulting her.


    Given the newest evidence that the girl may be crazy in the first place, its certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

    THAT BEING SAID:
    If he did assault her, then I pray that they find away to prove it and put him in jail. Rape is no laughing matter. If he did it, then he's a criminal that deserves to be punished.
    We shall see.
    That is exactly what I think.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
    Posts
    4,230
    McNulty or McNUTTY?

    Holly crap I just saw a pic and she is "Fugly"!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post
    Let the media storm begin!!!!

    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...suit?GT1=39002

    RENO, Nev. (AP) - Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has been accused of sexual assault in a civil lawsuit, his lawyer said, denying the claim.

    The lawsuit was filed Friday in Washoe County District Court accusing Roethlisberger of assaulting a woman in July 2008.

    Roethlisberger is one of nine defendants listed in the online court docket report. Further details of the lawsuit were not available Tuesday morning.

    "Ben has never sexually assaulted anyone ... The timing of the lawsuit and the absence of a criminal complaint and a criminal investigation are the most compelling evidence of the absence of any criminal conduct. If an investigation is commenced, Ben will cooperate fully and Ben will be fully exonerated," David Cornwell, Roethlisberger's lawyer, said in a statement released early Tuesday.

    A phone message and e-mail from the AP to Cornwell were not returned.

    Attorney Calvin R. Dunlap, of Reno, filed the lawsuit, according to court documents. A telephone message left for him was not returned.

    Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett said Tuesday the team is aware of the lawsuit, and "we are gathering information."

    WoW!!! I like K.O. more and more

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    An End Zone Near You
    Posts
    16,167
    Quote Originally Posted by Orton_Backer81 View Post
    WoW!!! I like K.O. more and more
    True the bearded one would never harm one of the female race.

    2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    12,245
    i think this is bogus

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    18,826
    I have met a guy who used to, on occasion, provide security for Big Ben. Dude is from PA, but is a Colts fan. I asked him why, and he said it's because Big Ben was such a jerk and a big time womanizer. Now, I know full well that "womanizer" does not equal "sexual assaulter" but I throw this out there to comment on his callous view of women.

    Then again, the guy's story could be completely bogus. It could be that he made all that up about Ben Roethisberger. But this was several months ago, and from a guy who's never knowingly lied to anyone of which I know.

    All that being said, I'll still reserve my judgment on the man until the charges are dismissed, withdrawn, or he's found guilty.
    Sick avy by Blondie79

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bozeman, MT
    Posts
    6,074
    Not sure what's going on with the Kobe Bryant thing. he didn't rape or sexually assault anyone. He had consensual sex with a headcase who used that as as oppurtunity to try and cash in.

    This paranoid nutjob Andrea mcnulty is doing the exact same thing.

    I'm all for protection and taking things like this seriously, but at what point is the law going to start punishing the liars trying to cash in on these situations and completely slandering the athletes name?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    21,841
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns


    There is the Yahoo report.

    She said she didn't go to the hospital or tell the authorities because she was afraid of losing her job. Her claims of the entire situation and conversations with her management are also sensationalist and hearsay.

    She loses her job a year later and then decides to sue Roethlisberger?

    I couldn't even imagine. "Hey boss, we need to talk. Ben Roethlisberger just sexually assaulted me."

    "Really? Awesome! Hey don't tell anyone, you're lucky enough to have had sex with Big Ben. Did I tell you our president (of Harrah's) is a big Roethlisberger fan? High five!"

    Hooray, beer!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •