Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Official Chicago Cubs Thread

Go Cubs Go!
    Wrigley is the best atmosphere ever! outside of the broncos. Were gonna win it all this year!

Win one against the Phils, and all of a sudden everyone starts pounding their chests...

Last year I was working in Chicago, and I spent the weekend forf the Eagles-Bears Sunday night game (got me some good end zone tickets). That saturday I took a tour of Wrigley. Definatly a park everyone should go to once. One thing that I will never forget was the dugouts. The Cubs dugout had padding on the bench, while the opposing team gest bare wood.

Quote Originally Posted by pacoEagle View Post
    Win one against the Phils, and all of a sudden everyone starts pounding their chests...

Last year I was working in Chicago, and I spent the weekend forf the Eagles-Bears Sunday night game (got me some good end zone tickets). That saturday I took a tour of Wrigley. Definatly a park everyone should go to once. One thing that I will never forget was the dugouts. The Cubs dugout had padding on the bench, while the opposing team gest bare wood.
    lol nah it wasnt the one win just noticed we didnt have a thread oing

Quote Originally Posted by Bioengineer View Post
    Go Cubs Go!
    Wrigley is the best atmosphere ever! outside of the broncos. Were gonna win it all this year!
    Ewww.......

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Ewww.......
    ur right asu football is better!!

While I have never been to either park, Fenway is a better place to see a game. Then again I am just a baised as the OP.

I do wish the Cubs luck this season. As a Sox fan I know their pain all to well.

Can you Imagine if it where a Cubs/Sox Series in 2003, when both teams where five outs away.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

Quote Originally Posted by Southstander View Post
    While I have never been to either park, Fenway is a better place to see a game. Then again I am just a baised as the OP.

I do wish the Cubs luck this season. As a Sox fan I know their pain all to well.

Can you Imagine if it where a Cubs/Sox Series in 2003, when both teams where five outs away.
    steve bartmen was unfairly blamed that year. and yea i havent been to wrigley.lol.only been to the dbacks stadium.

steve bartmen was unfairly blamed that year. and yea i havent been to wrigley.lol.only been to the dbacks stadium.
    Glad to hear you don't blame Bartman!:salute!:

I never blamed Buckner.

Quote Originally Posted by pacoEagle View Post

If that where the case 10,000 teams would be beating there chest right now.

lol nah it wasnt the one win just noticed we didnt have a thread oing

I know man.... I just had to bust your stones

If that where the case 10,000 teams would be beating there chest right now.
    Come on man, be fair.

We've lost more than 10,000 games now.
    Last edited by pacoEagle; 07-26-2009 at 05:31 PM.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal..._few_upgrades/

CHICAGO --Cubs fans will find more than a touchup paint job when they arrive at Wrigley Field for opening day on Monday.

Renovated restrooms, enhanced food offerings and an upscale private club are among the upgrades unveiled by the team's new owners on Friday.

"We spent a lot of time, money and effort in this off season to improve Wrigley," said Cubs chairman Tom Ricketts during a media tour at the 96-year-old ballpark. "(We're) always looking to improve the stadium, looking to preserve the stadium and listening to fans on how we can improve the experience for everyone."

The Ricketts family purchased the team last fall from Tribune Co. and embarked on upgrades both visible and behind the scenes at the nation's second-oldest venue behind Boston's Fenway Park.

The new PNC Club of Chicago was carved out of six existing skyboxes along the third base line and will give 71 fans food and drink service, indoor/outdoor seating parking and club access on non-game days.

There's a more open feel in the lower grandstand following removal of concrete panels. Painted chain-link fencing now allows fans to look outside Wrigley Field while bringing more light in.

Other work included restoration of part of the center field scoreboard to its original condition, its first major work in more than 70 years. A brick wall down the left field line was replaced and repairs were made to concrete ramps and steel structures, part of a planned 10-year maintenance program.

New food options include bison burgers and hot dogs from the Ricketts family's Wyoming ranch. A number of restrooms have been expanded and upgraded.

Cubs players, meanwhile, will enjoy a renovated clubhouse that features a new player lounge, larger weight room and remodeled kitchen in the first upgrade since 1984. The team also hired a nutritional consultant to aid in menu planning.

Team officials did not reveal how much the improvements cost.

"We talked about what could get done in five months during the winter in Chicago and how much difference we could make for players and the fans," said Cubs president Crane Kenney. "It's a new day at Wrigley Field and we're very proud of what we've done."

The new owners have also been in discussions with Toyota to erect a sign of the automaker's logo above the left field bleachers, a move to bring in revenue. Some critics say the sign would infringe on the historical ambiance of the ballpark and the Wrigley Rooftop Association said Friday the sign would violate the landmark ordinance governing Wrigley, agreements between the Cubs and area residents, and zoning law.

A zoning commission and landmarks committee must approve the sign and Ricketts has said he's confident the issue will be resolved

Sparky, thanks for starting a Cubs thread. I wanted to but I wasnt sure there were any other Cubs fans.

Speaking of the Cubs...GOSH FRICKIN DANGIT!!!
    3-1 lead in the top of the 8th and freakin Caridad loads the bases and then gives up a GS. And he did all this without getting a single out.

Then we get our hearts ripped out in the 9th. Close play at first results in an out that would have tied the game if he were safe cause Derrek Lee hit a homer the next AB.
    Then we end up getting the bases loaded and Chad Tracy goes and chokes up the place.

Grrr!
    LET 'ER BUCK!!!
    Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

I dug this up just for you!

I dug this up just for you!
    Youre awesome South. Thanks alot buddy! :salute!:

Even though I imagine I might be talking to myself alot.

We need like an MLB thread. Just a place all the fans can go and talk about their teams, news in the league, whatever.
    LET 'ER BUCK!!!
    Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

Cubs suck, end of discussion.