Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sig pics

Sig pics

how come some people sig pics still show up, but others don't? Mine used to, but now doesn't, and I made no changes.
    sig by Vulcan thanx buddy

1 cross + 3 nails= 4 given

hey rookie

this belongs in feedback...

a mod will look at it in there..

sig by B4B6..

This thread should explain it. If it doesn't, post and ask your specific question and we'll do our best to answer it.

I see your sig.

Not a big fan of the new rule though, I don't want to save a picture to my computer before being able to put it in my sig. But i'm lazy

I figured it out, but evidently we now can only have one, before I had 2 side by side.
    sig by Vulcan thanx buddy

1 cross + 3 nails= 4 given

Quote Originally Posted by AzBroncoFan67 View Post
    I figured it out, but evidently we now can only have one, before I had 2 side by side.
    Yeah, one picture space. If you want to merge two pictures, by all means go ahead.

A lot of people had two, some had three or four. Some then piled mountains of giant text on top of that. It was a bit absurd.

Why can't we just have a two sig limit, since that's the standard on most other forums. And, it would be much easier on myself and others..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Props to Peerless^
    [B][SIZE="2"]Officially Supporting the Brown and Gold vertical socks. 2009.[/SIZE][/B]
    [SIZE="2"][B]Official Kyle Orton Army Solidier #17.[/B][/SIZE]
    [B][SIZE="2"]Official Knowshon Moreno Fan Club #57[/SIZE][/B]
    [B][SIZE="2"]Pro-McDaniels[/SIZE][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by SheerCold View Post
    Why can't we just have a two sig limit, since that's the standard on most other forums.
    I disagree that a two signature picture limit is the standard on most boards. Most boards don't have a limit at all or don't allow sig pics to begin with. If they do allow sig pics, they have rules against insanely large pictures and sigs in general, which I fell we're pretty liberal about.

And, it would be much easier on myself and others..
    Not for the people that have to scroll through page after page of posts that have signatures two to five times the size of the message being posted.

The sig pics here are pretty large. In fact, they're insanely large by comparison. 100kb in file size and 150 by 500 pixels is pretty massive. We're already looking at a very generous amount of space to use, plus text (like mine - has both text and an image).

I disagree that we're being stingy on the pics area. It's a large size, allows for text in addition to the pics, and the file size is incredibly fat for a community of any size, much less one this size.

You'll also find that as you work up the ranks, certain sig pic privileges are built into the CP system. So.. There's always that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    I disagree that a two signature picture limit is the standard on most boards. Most boards don't have a limit at all or don't allow sig pics to begin with. If they do allow sig pics, they have rules against insanely large pictures and sigs in general, which I fell we're pretty liberal about.

Not for the people that have to scroll through page after page of posts that have signatures two to five times the size of the message being posted.

The sig pics here are pretty large. In fact, they're insanely large by comparison. 100kb in file size and 150 by 500 pixels is pretty massive. We're already looking at a very generous amount of space to use, plus text (like mine - has both text and an image).

I disagree that we're being stingy on the pics area. It's a large size, allows for text in addition to the pics, and the file size is incredibly fat for a community of any size, much less one this size.

You'll also find that as you work up the ranks, certain sig pic privileges are built into the CP system. So.. There's always that too.

Fine. Have it your way. But I'm going to go make a thread about how Alastor is being stingy with the sigs now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jetrazor74 View Post
    Fine. Have it your way. But I'm going to go make a thread about how Alastor is being stingy with the sigs now!!!

I think you should make five of them actually, because one or two threads simply doesn't get it done.

I have this sig that is nice and crisp, but when I upload it onto this site, it gets a little dull and blurry. Is their a way to fix that? I don't think I want to use it if I can't fix it. Here is the sig I'd like to use.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...heesehead4.png

Quote Originally Posted by LbloodOjunkieG View Post
    I have this sig that is nice and crisp, but when I upload it onto this site, it gets a little dull and blurry. Is their a way to fix that? I don't think I want to use it if I can't fix it. Here is the sig I'd like to use.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...heesehead4.png

If your sig isn't the specified size, it automatically resizes it, which is probably where the problem is.

If you want to avoid it, I'd suggest redoing your pic, and making it the correct size, so it doesn't get resized.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    How do we know if we have sig privileges?
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    How do we know if we have sig privileges?
    Um... Good question.

Oh! Go to your User CP and go to change it. It will tell you what the specs on your sig have to be.

you think people will be able to embed videos as sigs when vBull4.0 comesout or with all the updates they do?