Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Jack Williams VS. Alphonso Smith!!!

Who is going to be keepin' a close eye on this battle throughout preseason!!...I am marking this thread the official predictions thread haha who do you guys think'll win and what you think's most likely gonna happen...

I personally say Smith wins, he jst needs a lil more NFL expercience...but I think Jack is gonna turn out to be a veryyy good corner, he makes ALOT of plays as well....so I'ma be watchin' this alot...especially since I'm already always watchin' the corners! ha

Andre Goodman should be included in this battle too IMO. :go:

smith. instincts and ball hawking always triumphs over raw athleticism, at least initially. but if williams CAN develope into a great player (smith is a lock) then that would be awesome.
    disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Quote Originally Posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
    Andre Goodman should be included in this battle too IMO. :go:
    i was gonna say that..but I think it's pretty clear that he's not the super ballhawk quick speedy corner, he's more the steady smart outside corner...and I think it's only the Nickel Spot that's bein' competed for and the Dime will go to the loser...I personally would be totally cool if Smith played opposite of Bailey and Williams was in the Nickel ha but we got Goodman before all this so we have to use 'em...but maybe not haha I heard his big knock is he's injury prone...but from what I've seen he's pretty solid...holds his ground...but nothin' special like our other guys...

Quote Originally Posted by broncos1997 View Post
    smith. instincts and ball hawking always triumphs over raw athleticism, at least initially. but if williams CAN develope into a great player (smith is a lock) then that would be awesome.
    that's one thing I love bout "MF" that I didn't like bout Smith...the 40...Jack hit like 4.35 didn't he??...I like fast corners like Champ...but I think Smith is just one of those guys that doesn't lose ANY step wid the pads on, cuz like i've said before, he ran stride for stride with Heyward Bey durin' the season...

anyone else really really hate that "MF!" part of his name?

A bit off topic I know and not to bash your thread, I just really really hate that. He has shown nothing so far and even if he did....it just sounds stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbroncs View Post
    anyone else really really hate that "MF!" part of his name?

A bit off topic I know and not to bash your thread, I just really really hate that. He has shown nothing so far and even if he did....it just sounds stupid.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XshLcT_0yM

That = MF

This is a tough one. Jack Williams is really making it known that he doesn't plan on handing Alphonso Smith the nickel-back job easily. Alphonso Smith, though he WILL be a great cornerback, is making the typical rookie mistakes. I guess we'll see.

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    looks like a bunch of players trying to play pinball with him. Even offensive players should at least sort of know how to tackle. Im not saying the kid is horrible, just the whole "MF" thing bugs me. I mean the idea of saying Champ MF Bailey makes me cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbroncs View Post
    looks like a bunch of players trying to play pinball with him. Even offensive players should at least sort of know how to tackle. Im not saying the kid is horrible, just the whole "MF" thing bugs me. I mean the idea of saying Champ MF Bailey makes me cringe.
    it's just funny man...cuz he's a lil guy and idkk...haha but nah Champ's just Champ lol y would u mess dat up

Alphonso Smith will almost have to win the job (considering how much we gave up), but both are extremely valuable. Alphonso can play outside or in if we need him too, as well as help out returning kicks/punts. Jack will mostly be used on the teams slot WR imo (anyone remember the Bowe disaster?) but also contributes on special teams coverage units. Both will make the roster and we'll be a better team for it.

Quote Originally Posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    Who is going to be keepin' a close eye on this battle throughout preseason!!...I am marking this thread the official predictions thread haha who do you guys think'll win and what you think's most likely gonna happen...

I personally say Smith wins, he jst needs a lil more NFL expercience...but I think Jack is gonna turn out to be a veryyy good corner, he makes ALOT of plays as well....so I'ma be watchin' this alot...especially since I'm already always watchin' the corners! ha
    That's not even a contest. Smith hands down!
    http://www.fightingmaster.com/masters/brucelee/photos/face3.jpg
    I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Why is there an MF between his first and last name again?

Quote Originally Posted by 22Bernard24 View Post
    Why is there an MF between his first and last name again?
    Memory is a bit fuzzy on that one, but I'm pretty sure it was last year during TC, Williams was going up against Marshall and shut him down pretty hard. After one of the batted passes I think he said something along the lines of "Thats right! Jack motherf'ing Williams is here"

Im pretty sure anyways...

This is what, in the long run, is going to make the team stronger at every position. Competition makes everyone work harder and get better to beat the other guy out. I'm excited about this battle, and I know that the team will be that much better having both these guys on the field.